DMX freestyles tape (1996)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

step one

DMX freestyles tape (1996)

Post by step one »

Don't think this has been online before but the good dude Grime & Lime hooked me up with this mixtape/demo tape from 1996 with DMX rhyming over a bunch of instrumentals. Sounds a bit different to the DMX of 98/99

http://djstepone.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07 ... -1996.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I split it up into individual tracks and as there was no artwork/tracklist named them after the beats (in the case of Its All Good it ended up coming out as a proper song eventually). There's 3 different takes over If I Rule The World. They vary slightly so I decided to leave them all in. There's a few beats I didnt recognise so if anyone can ID them let me know.

Aint No Nigga
Freestyle 2
Freestyle 3
Freestyle 1
Get Money
Hey Lover
If I Ruled The World 2
If I Ruled The World 3
If I Ruled The World 1
Its A Party (Get At Me Dog lyrics)
Its All Good
No Doubt (Get Hardcore)
One For The Money
One For The Road
Things You Do
Touch Y'all
Wu Wear
Niggas Done Started Something (w/ Mase & The LOX)
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

itzmurda

Re: DMX freestyles tape (1996)

Post by itzmurda »

Do you have the original track order? I'm trying to figure out what this is because it's very similar to the DMX "Unleashed & Unreleased" mixtape from 98. I originally figured it may be the same, but apparently not, this one definitely predates it. "Hey Lover" on here was named "Baby Mother" on The Unleashed & Unreleased tape...etc

Details of that release:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unleash ... DMX_album)
The text of the second verse of "Ghetto Life" was used in the song" Some X Shit "from the album Ruff Ryders Fri. "Ryde or Die Vol. 1".
Some text "Can't You See" was used in the song "Who's Next" on the album DJ Clue Fri. "The Professional Part 2".
The song "Niggaz Can't Touch Me Kid" was later re-recorded with the amended text, but the same backing and can be heard on the album "Rap Sheet".
"ATF (Open the Door)" is nothing but a "ATF" to "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot".
The song "Baby Mother" was later re-recorded and can be heard on the album "Year of the Dog... Again." Based on the substrate "Hey Lover" LL Cool J.
Text "4, 3, 2, 1 Freestyle" was used on the "Intro" to "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot".
The song "Deeper & Deeper" was later re-recorded and can be heard on the album "The Desert Storm Mixtape: Block Party Vol. 1". Furthermore, the last verse was used in the song "Get At Me Dog".
The text of the song "Don't Pay Dues" DMX used in the song "The Story" from the album "Black Gangster".
Lyrics "Any MC" was used in the last stanza of "The Great" Ruff Ryders album Fri. "Ryde or Die Vol. 2".
"Edge of da Night" is an older version of "I Can Feel It" to "It's Dark and Hell Is Hot, "only without Phil Collins.
Half of the text of the "Who Shot Ya" was used in the first verse hit Fri. "Bring Your Whole Crew" from the album "Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood", the other half was used in the "Murdergram" from the album" The Professional "DJ Clue.
"Against the Grain" is a remix of the song "Make a Move" with the text that was used in the "Catz Don't Know". The primer contains samples the work of Teddy Pendergrass "Close the Door".
The text of "Spellbound" was stolen by rapper K-Solo, and used in a song with this title. After the test, the polygraph did it come to light.
The text of the first verse of "Up to No Good" was used in the song "Ryde or Die" Ruff Ryders album Fri. "Ryde or Die Vol. 1".

step one

Post by step one »

Sounds like some of the lyrics and song concepts will be the same as on those tracks but over different beats.

dont have the original track order. It took a while to split it all up and clean up the sound on some of them. There didnt seem to any real format to the tape - a couple of things started and cut off qiuckly, there was one or two things where he was adlibbing and just shouting people out over a beat for 30 seconds so I left those off.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

GREEN LANTERN

Post by GREEN LANTERN »

Thanks for posting & splitting up the tracks...

informer

Post by informer »

i'll check this out, thanks!

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

fook yeah, i'll give that a listen
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!