Re-imagining of Nas "I Am"

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Re: Re-imagining of Nas "I Am"

Post by djfilthyrich »

madstadik wrote: Are you saying the GCP rip is the best quality rip of these tracks youve heard so far? I was re-listening to the APC 160kbps rip from 1998 and it isnt that bad either
Naw I was saying that the tracks on the GCP rip have come out in better quality in one way or another (Lost Tapes, Nastradamus, Live On Lenox, QB's Finest, random leaks etc).

But it's still cool to have the scan of the bootleg and hear it. Small World also has some minor differences I believe, so that's cool too

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Im really hoping Lost Tapes 2 helps gets some of these tracks out there properly mastered

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

djfilthyrich wrote:@madstadik - thanks for finding the GCP rip. It's good to finally have this and hear (and see) what it was like. It's too bad they didn't include a picture of the front cover. It might've been cool to use a good scan of it for our re-tooling of 'I Am'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can tell, every track on here has since been released in better quality which is good. Except for 'Small World'....I think this is maybe the best quality I've heard so far? Can anybody point out any other differences?
You've seen "Day Dreamin, Stay Schemin," "Hardest Thing to Do," and "Sometimes I wonder" in better quality than the advance? Those are the three I couldn't find..
cairokid wrote:
madstadik wrote:Nas 2000 was a mix cd hosted by the dream team
Thanks. I just recall someone mentioning that on another forum, in reference to the "I Am" leaks when the topic was brought up. I didn't/don't know much about the tape myself.
From: http://nahright.com/mixtape-memories-20 ... tape-cuts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nas “True Dialect” (off Nas 2000)
Nas 2000 was an extremely ill mixtape that made its rounds in the streets before Nastradamus dropped in the fall of ’99. It had mad exclusives on it, including an early version of “Project Windows” with no chorus, “U Gotta Love It” years before it appeared on The Lost Tapes, and a couple exclusive freestyles and demo tracks, too. “True Dialect” was def a standout, courtesy of Hot Day and Jae Supreme, and we wonder where it originally appeared, though we’re just glad it found its way onto Nas 2000, and that we were lucky enough to get our hands on a copy.

Nas “Life is Like a Dice Game” (off Nas 2000)
One of the most popular of Nas’ demo songs to surface over the years, “Life is Like a Dice Game,” also appeared on the Nas 2000 disc, and for those who may have heard it before somewhere, it was nice to finally have it on CD. Not that it was out there like that, though. This was still a rare cut when Nas 2000 hit the streets.

Nas “The Game Lives On” (aka “Project Windows,” early version w/ no chorus) (off Nas 2000)
madstadik wrote:Damn i listened to the GCP rip with good headphones. Sounds like that bootleg cd was sourced from a hissy tape. I dont recall the APC rip being hissy like that
I haven't paid too much attention to the new VBR rip yet, but I wondered if the street bootleg was created by a bootlegger just burning the 160kbps aPC rip onto CD-R

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Im assuming thats how the bootleg originated? I remember in the late 90s copping dj clue mix cds and u could tell they were burned from a tape.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

@Madstadik - can you please post up the aPc rip of the I Am advance?

@itzmurda - I have decent rips of these tracks...I believe I sent them to Lescratch to include on our version of I Am. The only one I don't have anymore is Day Dreamin Stay Schemin (I had edited it and discarded the original). Cairokid said he's gonna try and find his best rip of it and send to me. I'm going to re-create an edit I did where I took out Nas' terrible off-pitch singing verse in the beginning, and cropped it so it's just him doing the rap part, and him singing the chorus. I'll post it up here when I get it from him, and it's done...

P.S. need some help with The Firm project. Does anybody have the instrumental to Foxy Brown 'The Promise'? It was on the B-side of her 'Get Me Home' single. Need it for a Firm blend.

Also, does anybody have a 320 rip of the 'In Too Deep' OST? We need a 320 rip of Nas & Nature 'In Too Deep' thnx guys

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

@rich. Yeah ill up it. No problem

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Aight... here is the OG APC rip of the bootleg. No shitty hissing like the GCP rip that dropped recently (I'm disappointed by that too!) There are 2 more Scene Rips i am trying to get a hold of and see what they contain

Code: Select all

Nas-I_Am-Promo-1999-GOReMP3
Nas-I_Am_(Advance)-1999-RNS
Here is the APC joint

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7dvle4

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

@madstadik I think the APC rip is from someone who did what we're trying to do here. Update all the tracks that were on the real GCP bootleg with better versions from different sources. The version of Fetus that's on the APC wasn't on the original bootleg. I've looked in storage today btw and sadly it wasn't in any of my boxes. Would be interesting to hear the other scene-rips.

@djfilthyrich here's in too deep http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/7EFjizOD/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

This rip doesnt pass crc. What i think happened is. Apc was the legit bootleg and contained the correct bootleg versions of fetus and project windows. I acquired this rip a few years back and i think when i got it someone fucked w it and added those two songs in different quality. I swear to this day the apc rip is the origin point of the street boots. Maybe someone has the apc version that passes crc?

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

If I remember correctly, that RNS advance of I Am is the other one posted in this thread...the international version with Nature Shines, Afterlife Interlude and Amongst Kings

https://www.discogs.com/Nas-I-Am/release/8556351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: Yep, aPC rip is legit and was ripped from the source in 12/98. People have messed with the release and reuploaded it though. It has been rare to run across the original .sfv file

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Word thanks murda. At least i know im correct in my thinking... Im checking my sources to see if i can get the proper APC rip. Still can believe noone has a physical copy. None on discogs or ebay

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

The 2 other rips (rns, gore) are 15 years old. forget it

I only got the apc with a homemade sfv. - passing of course. I doubt that somebody can get the OG svf..
Last edited by Stieflkater on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Yep. Thats what i got

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

@madstadik....thanks for upping the APC rip homie

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

djfilthyrich wrote:@madstadik....thanks for upping the APC rip homie
No doubt rich

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

Here's an edit I did of "Day Dreamin Stay Schemin". Nas first verse where he sings horribly always bothered the fuck outta me. I don't mind his singing on the hook, but I couldn't get thru that first verse. So I re-did an edit in higher quality where I cropped it out. I thought some of you out there might want to replace your current version with this one...

Day Dreamin' Stay Schemin' [DJ Filthy Rich Edit]
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/EhrwkNAT/file.html

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Hey at least nasir didnt stoop to auto-tune haha

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

What is the status of this, seemed to have gone silent.

Was there ever a Nastradamus bootleg, that was widely put out? I seem to recall people selling one that had a bunch of the I Am leaked tracks, but never grabbed it, wished I did though. I haven't bothered searching, but is there an "accepted" tracklist for it?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

cairokid wrote:What is the status of this, seemed to have gone silent.

Was there ever a Nastradamus bootleg, that was widely put out? I seem to recall people selling one that had a bunch of the I Am leaked tracks, but never grabbed it, wished I did though. I haven't bothered searching, but is there an "accepted" tracklist for it?
I am interested in this too. I used to download music and cop bootlegs back then 99-early 00s but i wasnt really up on the mp3 scene until my later years of college

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Hey guys, I was waiting on a final vinyl (Rise & Fall) that arrived yesterday which Rich was friendly enough to clean up last night.

I now have compiled 34 songs, some of which I have 4/5 diff sources from, I'll have a final listen today and choose the best sounding quality and upload here.

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

@madstadik Do you have the means to get these still?
http://methtical.blogspot.nl/2010/10/na ... c.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nas_-_The_Leftover_Tracks-(Bootleg)-2005-TSMP3
Nas_And_J_Love-Archive_Straight_Out_The_Vaults_Vol._4-(Promo_Vinyl)-2008-WHOA
Nas_Escobar-The_Remix_EP-Bootleg-199x-kd_int
Nas_Feat._Aaliyah-You_Wont_See_Me_Tonight-Promo_VLS-1999-CMS
Nas-A_Womans_Worth_(RMX)_Ft._Alycia_Keys-CDS-2002-BLEH
Nas-Analyze_This_(Prod_By_Pete_Rock)-Promo-VLS-1999-MC
Nas-Archives_Inc.-VLS-2001-CMS
Nas-Black_Zombie-2002-GSM
Nas-Blaze_A_50-(VLS)-2002-OSC
Nas-Death_Of_Escobar-(Bootleg)-2002-SC
Nas-Death_of_Escobar_(Advance)-2001-REALM
Nas-Gangsta_Tears-Promo_VLS-2001-MC_INT
Nas-Good_Morning-(Dirty_And_Full)-TMZ
Nas-Hate_Me_Now_(VLS)-1999-Mp3
Nas-I_Am-(Enhanced)-1999-INT-OSM
Nas-I_Am_Acapellas-LP-1999-JCE
Nas-I_Am_Presented_By_Tone_E_Atlas-2004-HHR_INT
Nas-I_Am-1999-KSi_INT
Nas-I_Am-1999-OSR
Nas-I_Am-1999-RMG
Nas-I_Am-1999-RNS
Nas-Is_Coming-Promo_Tape-1996-CMS
Nas-Nas_Is_Like-(Full_CDS)-1999-R3D
Nas-Nastalgic-2002-CMS_INT
Nas-Nastradamus-1999-iNT-OSM
Nas-Nastradamus-1999-RETAIL-RNS
Nas-Nastradamus-1999-RNS
Nas-Nastradamus-Dutch_Retail-1999-cms
Nas-Prelude_To_The_Lost_Tapes-2002-aPC
Nas-Put_To_Death-Promo_EP-1999-MC
Nas-Rare_and_Remixed_Volume_2-Bootleg-Vinyl-2007-FTD
Nas-Rare_and_Remixed-Vinyl-Bootleg-2006-FTD
Nas-Re-Edits_Classics_(CRE010)-Bootleg_Vinyl-2005-XXL
Nas-The_Acapellas_You_Never_Got_Vol.7-(Bootleg_Vinyl)-2007-WHOA
Nas-The_Best_Of_Nas_(Presented_By_Rob_N_Hood)-2CD-2004-QMB
Nas-The_Best_Of_Nas-1999-aPC
Nas-The_Foulness_1_And_2_BW_The_Message_(Original)-Promo_VLS-1996-MC
Nas-The_Hits_And_Unreleased_Volume_2-2002-0MNi
Nas-The_Hits_and_Unreleased_Volume_3-2002-XMK
Nas-The_Leftover_Tracks-(Bootleg)-2005-TSMP3
Nas-The_Lost_Tapes_Vol._2-2004-CMS
Nas-The_Rise_and_Fall-(Bootleg)-2CD-2002-BKE
Nas-The_Rise_And_Fall-Promo_Vinyl-2002-XRG
Nas-The_Second_Coming-4CD-2004-SUT_INT
Nas-The_Second_Coming-Promo_VLS-2000-MC
Nas-U_Gotta_Love_It_(Promo_VLS)-2002-OSC
Nas-Unforgiven-Promo_EP-MC
Nas-Unreleased_And_Rare-Bootleg-2003-FUA
Nas-Unreleased_Cuts-VLS-2005-B2R
Nas-White_Label_Vinyl_1-1999-kd_int
Nas-White_Label_Vinyl_2-1999-kd_int
Nas-White_Label_Vinyl_3-1999-FTD
Nas-Worst_Enemy_(Single)-Promo_VLS-2001-CMS
VA-Nas_Originals-(LP)-2004-JCE
VA-Nas_Presents_The_Second_Coming_(Vinyl_Single)-2000-FTD

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Lol whoa thats a tall order. I can see what i have in my archives. Is there any way to contact the original uploader?

cairokid

Post by cairokid »

madstadik wrote:
cairokid wrote:What is the status of this, seemed to have gone silent.

I am interested in this too. I used to download music and cop bootlegs back then 99-early 00s but i wasnt really up on the mp3 scene until my later years of college
I was doing some digging round last night and a few mentions of the Nastradamus bootleg that was circulating and two pretty strong confirmations on the tracklist. I went searching the Google lists I found while working on the D.O.E. album. Here is one mention that says they bought it in Times Square. I found the same tracklist mentioned elsewhere as well, so I'm pretty sure this was the one circulating (give or take a few tracks).
i copped the "nastradamus" bootleg in times square.
tracks:
1. fetus (belly button window)
2. hardest thing to do is stay alive
3. afterlife (interlude)
4. amongst kings
5. find your wealth (radio edit)
6. nature shines (nate track)
7. original project window
8. drunk by myself
9. blaze a 50 (the most cinematic, graphic, well-written song in the
history of hip-hop)
10. poppa was a player
11. sometimes i wonder (feat. nature)
12. day dreamin'/stay schemin
13. everyday thing (feat. nature, dre - this contains nate's verse
from that song with dre on the firm lp. the beat is spare sounds
unfinished really, still a dope dre beat.
14. wanna play rough
15. gotta love it
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searc ... VXQh0P_6IJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The more I looked at that and thought about it, I'm pretty sure that is the one I used to see for sale online, that had the cover of Nas looking through the telescope/spy glass (from the I AM album booklet). The list may vary from version to version, but I think those are probably the core tracks from what I've seen. Those would have been the most popular leaked tracks from around that time, so it would make sense to put them out on a Cd and name it Nastradamus to try to make a few bucks. I found one topic mentioning the leak of the real (retail) album a little bit before the actual release date. I'm unsure if there were any other leaks before then of the actual album ahead of time i.e. similar to I Am).

I also found this from Vibe (March 2002, Michael Jackson on the cover), regarding the I Am leak. Hopefully this link works ok. Page 122, L.E.S. talks about the album leaking and someone walking into the studio with the album and showing them.

https://books.google.com/books?id=0yUEA ... &q&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

I found this the other day:

KRON:
So my last couple of joints would be A) how come it's taken this album so long to come out? Everytime we look up the date keeps changing. And B) What exactly is taking you out to L.A. that fate would have us hook up like this?
NAS:
First, the album got changed again to April 6th. It's only a week later so I hope Niggaz don't get mad. But it's just really been a lot of thought-out plannin'. First it was gonna be a double-album. I had to change that shit! Then my shit got bootlegged on the street so bad, I had to record some new records at the last minute. And just that Love from the Street, I love it though; if they bootleggin' my shit like that, I'm hearin' all over the place they got my joints. It's just Love from the Streets. So I had to go press some new joints at the last minute. Just preparation and comin' out with the full blast; makin' sure everybody around's comin' out so they can listen to what I've got to say. And what was the other shit?

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Hey guys, here you go. This is what I've compiled so far.
https://we.tl/NPDcjrS8PX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nas - Iam / Nastradamus / D.O.E. - Leftovers
1 Fetus (Belly Button Window) (ori...
2 Small World
3 Money Is My Bitch
4 Project Windows (original)
5 Poppa Was A Playa
6 Dr. Knockboot
7 Day Dreamin', Stay Schemin'
8 Sometimes I Wonder
9 Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
10 Drunk By Myself
11 Wanna Play (Rough)
12 Blaze A 50
13 We Will Survive
14 Nas Is Like
15 Hate Me Now (original)
16 Nature’s Shine (feat. Nature)
17 Afterlife Interlude
18 Amongst Kings
19 The Curse
20 Pray (feat. The Bravehearts)
21 Rise & Fall
22 Hustlers & Killers
23 Find Ya Wealth
24 Never Gonna Give It Up
25 Gangsta Tears
26 U Gotta Love It
27 My Worst Enemy
28 Seeds of Heaven
29 Your Mouth Got You In It
30 Tales From The Hood
31 You Don't Know
32 My Way
33 Nothing Last Forever
34 Project's Too Hot (feat. 50 Cent &...

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Super thanks to everybody that contributed songs / info / links etc. Most appreciated!
And more importantly thank you for welcoming me here on Philaflava.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

curse is the snippet right?

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

All that exists

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

We ll see when the new lost tapes comes out.

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

True that!