Mad Skillz vs. Supernatural (VIDEO)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

ScholarWenis

Mad Skillz vs. Supernatural (VIDEO)

Post by ScholarWenis »

I posted this video in another thread in My Two Cents, but I decided to put it in TROY as well, just in case anyone missed that post.

This battle was finally uploaded on Youtube by Skillz himself, apparently he got the footage from Supernatural. It starts out with Mad Skillz battling a reggae-style MC named American Dread, then after that he battles a female MC named SlimChild. After this we see Supernatural defeat a hardcore lyricist by the name of Havoc (not the one from Mobb Deep or SSC). Finally Supernat & Skillz go at it for 3 rounds with Supernatural coming out on top. I always heard MF Grimm was involved in this battle but he not shown here.

No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

thablend

Re: Mad Skillz vs. Supernatural (VIDEO)

Post by thablend »

Thanks for the share, that was sick man

Worth reading the comments from Mad Skillz on the youtube page too

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

props

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

I've never seen Supernat lose off the top. Even when he would host a show he'd show up the headliner,imo

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

KhillA wrote:I've never seen Supernat lose off the top. Even when he would host a show he'd show up the headliner,imo
He battled Craig G twice and lost the first time, but he got him back in the 2nd battle.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Yeah I meant I've seen him live at least a half dozen times and in my opinion (I'm always right, btw) he was always best on stage. Too bad he can't make a decent album.

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

first Nat LP is decent...

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Honestly I've never listened to it was just guessing. You can either be really good freestyle or write well vell. With a few exceptions ofcourse. Like Juice which is probably my fav battle rapper

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Stieflkater wrote:first Nat LP is decent...

The production on his Natural Disasters LP was incredible, courtesy of Djinji Brown, who is dope with it. However the freestyle theme got old real quick, you can't freestyle a whole album, even someone has talented as Supernat can't make that shit sound good. I still play that album often though, it's worth it just to hear Djinji's beats.