pick your favorite

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Pick your favorite

Akinyele - Vagina Diner
17%
Too Short - Get In Where You Fit In
21%
Masta Ace - SlaughtaHouse
31%
King Tee - Tha Triflin' Album
3%
Lords of The Underground - Here Come the Lords
28%

Total votes: 29

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

pick your favorite

Post by Philaflava »

from the list...

step one

Re: pick your favorite

Post by step one »

went with Akinyele but the LOTUG album had some big singles when it dropped.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

$hort Dog...

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

That is a real tough list, but I went with King Tee, I also love the Masta Ace, Akinyele & LOTUG albums.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Kool Max Power

Post by Kool Max Power »

I went with "Vagina Diner". Amazing beats and varied production Large Professor in his prime plus great rhymes by one of my favorite emcees from the early 90s make this an almost perfect album for me. Loved it since day one, and continue to listen to it every now and then..l

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Out of all these, the production on Get In Where You Fit In, might be my favorite. QD3 and Ant Banks were in their prime.

step one

Post by step one »

I listened to Slaughtahouse for the first time in ages last year and didn't think it had aged very well.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

in order...

here come the lords - definitely the best of the bunch and its not particularly close...the student schools the teacher here as k defs production murders marley on the record...album as a whole is probably 3-4 songs too long but the songs that are good are outstanding

get in where you fit in - at the time this was a huge maturation process for too short espeically on the beats as you can here a decent amount of sampled loops compared to his previous stuff...album wont wow you but its very good on in the background cookout music

triflin album - feels a lot like an alkaholiks album featuring mc king tee....which means boomin beats...lots of fun with not as good emceeing...i always thought it was so random how marley got a track on there

vagina diner - if theres such a list this would top the best bassline albums ever...large pro go crazy with them...other than that and the cuts on the album (someone correct me if im wrong but i think rob swift did them) its not very good...ak to me has always been overrated and on this record his punchlines are often uncomfortably unfunny and super grade schoolish

slaughtahouse - always thought this got way too much love...imo its his worst album...its got a lot of good things about it...great drums on 'rollin with umdadda', aces rhymes on 'a walk thru the valley', the guitar on 'the big east' etc...problem is in this case the whole is less than the sum of its parts probably due to ace's ridiculous attempt at a style change