Compton`s Righteous - Tha Big Jake Files (Sealed Since 1995)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Compton`s Righteous - Tha Big Jake Files (Sealed Since 1995)

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

BiG Up BowdenCstyle for sharing the link originally...

In 1994 the Group went on to record a full album that was to be released on Interscope Records (with material recorded @ Can-Am, Death Row studios) but was shelved and never released. The general up and downs of life and the murder of the group's expediter Jai Hassan Robles "Big Jake" in 1995 seriously damaged the groups progress. Big Jake Robles was an executive with the label and close friend of Suge. In 1995, Big Jake was shot by a guy with a semiautomatic, he died 2 weeks later in a hospital. Then, the album was shelved. Most of this material was recorded in CPT and Tarzana. Written and produced by JimC & LG. In August 1995, Jake Robles, a Death Row employee and friend of Knight, was shot after an argument at a party in Atlanta. No charges were filed, but witnesses claimed the shooter was one of Combs' bodyguards. Knight made no public comment, but the New York Times quoted an unnamed associate who promised that Knight would "settle the beef his way. On the street."

Compton`s Righteous – Tha Big Jake Files (Sealed Since 1995)

1. Live From Centenial High School Compton, CA
2. The Mind Is A Ocean
3. Gillinism
4. Tha Irie Manifesto
5. Kush Inhalations
6. Suicide City
7. Worldwide
8. Parlay
9. Tha Seventh Direction
10. Shake Tha Spot
11. Compton Is Beautiful
12. What`s Up 2 Compton? {ft. DJ M-Walk}

Cover Art

Recorded At: LG's Crib, Compton, California
Recorded At: Death Row Studios, Tarzana, California
Lyrics By, Written-By, Arranged By, Co-producer: JimC
Music By, Producer, Scratches: Tha Selector LG
Management: Big Jake Robles Management

Shoutouts to: Big Jake's Mom's, Jim-Bob, Roddy Tutti, Big Zo, Big CK, G-Weed, B-Nick, Bat, Mad, Nip Meatman, Nip Big Toot, Nip Mausberg, Nip Spud-Nella, Westside 149 Campanella Park Piru, Black Tone, Macnif, Weegie, Young Reap, The Gillin Family and The Conner.

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Fritz

Re: Compton`s Righteous - Tha Big Jake Files (Sealed Since 1

Post by Fritz »

Dope album!

True Dough

Post by True Dough »

Thanks

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

That's a crazy coincidence. This morning I was reading the liner notes for the soundtrack to the movie Dead Homiez and it had a picture of Big Jake with some writing saying the film was dedicated to him. Then I came on here and saw that you posted his album, I gotta check it out now, thank you!
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

Not really feelin it (expected the typical west side production) but thanx 4 the share, Herban!
ScholarWenis wrote:That's a crazy coincidence. This morning I was reading the liner notes for the soundtrack to the movie Dead Homiez and it had a picture of Big Jake with some writing saying the film was dedicated to him. Then I came on here and saw that you posted his album, I gotta check it out now, thank you!
Yo, u got the CD of Dead Homiez OST? If so, could you rip it in flac and up it?

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Bigg Boss Luciano wrote: Yo, u got the CD of Dead Homiez OST? If so, could you rip it in flac and up it?
I have a variable bit rate version of the OST on my computer I can upload, it has all the liner notes from the CD as well. I just don't want any flac on my computer, I am extremely anti-flac. here is a link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8wzha7
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Bigg Boss Luciano

Post by Bigg Boss Luciano »

ScholarWenis wrote:
Bigg Boss Luciano wrote: Yo, u got the CD of Dead Homiez OST? If so, could you rip it in flac and up it?
I have a variable bit rate version of the OST on my computer I can upload, it has all the liner notes from the CD as well. I just don't want any flac on my computer, I am extremely anti-flac. here is a link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8wzha7
it's better than the version than I have + it got the scans. thanx :cheers: