NME`s "The Most Dangeous Man"...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

NME`s "The Most Dangeous Man"...

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

When it comes to music I`m a HuGe fan of the unreleased stuff, whether it`s good or bad. Don`t get me wrong, I`d prefer that the music was DoPe every time, but we`ve got to be realistic here. That`s not always the case, however when the music does turn out to be good it`s a nice bonus indeed. For me, getting to hear unreleased music almost gives me the same feeling that an archeologist would get when they`ve discovered some historical artifact, regardless of its actual historical significance. That rush from the initial discovery is what I dig the most! Of course doing the detective work to find out more about the music is kind of interesting as well. With all that said & out of the way let`s get into the music shall we???

What I have to share with y`all today comes courtesy of kingsol81 (he`s the one who originally shared a link over at Bomb1st), so major BiG uPs & much ReSPeCT goes out to you! Props also goes out to BowdenCstyle for creating the cover art for this music, much appreciated. As for NME, I don`t really know much at all about him. The first time that I heard him on record was on the DoPe "Tales From The Hood Soundtrack" on the song "Talkin` To Myself" that also featured Grench The Mean 1 (R.I.P.), that`s actually one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack! NME reps Los Angels, California & is loosely affiliated with the Dogg Pound, Kurupt`s his cousin. At one point Daz & Kurupt were interested in signing NME & his homie Grench The Mean 1 to their sub-label Gotta Get Somewhere Records, but I don`t think that anything really ever came of it. Still, I guess that`s how we can explain NME`s appearances alongside some of Death Row`s artists, mostly the unreleased stuff unfortunately...

Well, actually that`s not all true...thanks to this wonderful thing called the Internet, some of that music is now being shared. From what I can tell these songs were recorded between 1994 & 1996 while NME was either signed to or affiliated with Hoodsta 4 Life Records. I believe this to be more of a fan~made bootleg, sourced mainly from songs off NME`s Sound Cloud Page, but I could be wrong. Either way it`s kind of interesting just to see this music come to light instead of being lost & overlooked in some record label`s "vault". Even more so now because a few of the artists featured on this music are longer with of us; Slip Capone & Grench The Mean 1. One thing that I need to mention is the fact that I found the volume on a lot of these tracks to be on the low~side so I took some liberty & boosted it up a few notches...

The first quarter of the songs on here aren`t as good as the remaining 3 quarters, but that`s just my opinion of course. You definitely need to listen to them on your own! The previously mentioned "Talkin` To Myself" is my favorite joint on here, but there`s still a quite a few gems to check for so don`t sleep!! I`m DiGG`n these joints mainly; "Set Trippin`" (with its Reggae~vibe`D hook & hard thumpin` Battle Cat produced beat), "Flatline" featuring Kurupt & "40`z `N` Bud" featuring Jewell, Kurupt & Grench The Mean 1. Honorable mentions also go to "Oooh Ah Wee Wee" {ft. Slip Capone & Grench The Mean 1 & "My Last Wordz (Conquer This Game)" ft. Kurupt & Grench The Mean 1}

NME - The Most Dangerous Man
Label: Hoodsta 4 Life Records
Released: Unreleased (Recorded 1994-1996)

1. The Most Dangerous Man
2. Hoodsta Innaffect {ft. Mortisha, Grench The Mean 1 & Jay Capone}
3. Straight Gettin` Served {ft. Slip Capone}
4. Hoodsta 4 Life {ft. Jay Capone & Mortisha}
5. Mistaken Identity {ft. Slip Capone & Mortisha}
6. Set Trippin` {ft. Mortisha & Chico}
7. Way 2 Much {ft. Grench The Mean 1 & Profit}
8. Oooh Ah Wee Wee {ft. Slip Capone & Grench The Mean 1}
9. Mental Masterpiece {ft. Mortisha & Jay Capone}
10. I`m Talkin` To Myself {ft. Grench The Mean 1}
11. Flatline {ft. Kurupt}
12. 40z `N` Bud {ft. Kurupt, Jewell & Grench The Mean 1}
13. My Last Wordz (Conquer This Game) {ft. Kurupt & Grench The Mean 1}
14. A Toast

BaCK~uP LiNK...

R.i.P. SLiP CaPoNe & GReNCH The MeaN 1...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

dochiphop

Re: NME`s "The Most Dangeous Man"...

Post by dochiphop »

nice man. Looking forward to hearing this.
I feel the exact same way as you do about unreleased older material. Great description man!!

I have a favor to ask you, can you please re-up the Scarface - The Diary era remixes, b-sides compilation u posted in the past. My dl was corrupted when i tried to open it and listen to the songs. Thx

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Thanks, I always wanted to hear more from NME and Grench!

Side-note: That song "Set Trippin" was actually supposed to be on DJ Battlecat's debut album "Gumbo Roots" which is also unreleased.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

dochiphop wrote:nice man. Looking forward to hearing this.
I feel the exact same way as you do about unreleased older material. Great description man!!

I have a favor to ask you, can you please re-up the Scarface - The Diary era remixes, b-sides compilation u posted in the past. My dl was corrupted when i tried to open it and listen to the songs. Thx

No doubt, yo I just seen your PM.....bit late, but I`ll try & do that for ya this week. Just gotta figure out which HDD it`s on & I`ll re-up it for ya....

ScholarWenis wrote:Thanks, I always wanted to hear more from NME and Grench!

Side-note: That song "Set Trippin" was actually supposed to be on DJ Battlecat's debut album "Gumbo Roots" which is also unreleased.
That Battlecat album from `95 got a Japanese release in 2012; https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Battlecat-Gu ... se/4749591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca