Q-Tip x Pete Rock - Return Of The Abstract BLENDTAPE

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

djfilthyrich

Q-Tip x Pete Rock - Return Of The Abstract BLENDTAPE

Post by djfilthyrich »

A blendtape in celebration of Q-Tip's 50th birthday today

I always wanted to hear a full collab with Tip on the mic and Pete Rock on the boards, so I decided to make it myself. I took Q-Tip's vocal's from the 'Amplified' album, and blended them with Pete's 'Return Of The SP1200' instrumental LP.

AUDIO
https://youtu.be/nHh5gW5feEQ

TRACKLIST

Breathe And Stop
Wait Up
Go Hard
NT (ft Busta Rhymes)
Vivrant Thing
Work It Out
Moving Up
Enuff
Higher (ft Phife Dawg) [Filthy ReFix]
Do It, See It, Be It (ft Phife Dawg) [Filthy ReFix]
Let's Ride
Things You Do
For The Nasty (Bonus Track)
It's Yours (Bonus Track)

djfilthyrich

Re: Q-Tip x Pete Rock - Return Of The Abstract BLENDTAPE

Post by djfilthyrich »

This kinda made my day

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

The Abstract’s Amplified lyric book blesses a batch of recently uncovered beats from the boom-bap pioneer.

On Friday, veterans and pedestrians alike saluted Q-Tip for his 50th lap around the sun (which lined up nicely with the 30th-anniversary of A Tribe Called Quest’s debut album, People’s Instinctive Travels and The Paths of Rhythm.)

Arriving in all shapes and lengths, tributes to the hip-hop renaissance man poured in from both fans and longtime collaborators, with Questlove’s two-part (seven-and-a-half-hour) DJ set taking the titles for lengthiest and most shapely. The day capped with a rare transmission from Tip, teasing new music and announcing three (!) new albums in a clip posted to Instagram. Sadly, no dates were announced.

But while we wait for those items to materialize, DJ Filthy Rich has a helluva placeholder. The Toronto-based producer has released a mash-up mixtape, blending Tip’s Amplified lyric book with the early Pete Rock beats uncovered on the producer’s latest release, Return of The SP-1200, swapping out Dilla’s gnarled, yet polished, bossa grooves for a rugged and raw suite.

Article: https://www.okayplayer.com/music/dj-fil ... isten.html

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »