the one song u are searching for...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

SoulClap wrote:A Tribe Called Quest - Check The Rhime (Skeff's Mix)
Casual - Later On (From the Low Down Dirty Shame soundtrack)
Diamond - Sally Got A One Track Mind (Showbiz Remix)
Mad Flava - To Tha Break

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Have all of these... it'll take me some time to find em all, but im in the midst of trying to organize some of my wax so i might come across them
Kilgore786 wrote: Common Sense-Soul by the Pound remix
Have this too... see above
Y@k Bollocks wrote: Royal Fam - 'Sumthin Gotz To Give'/'I Declare War'. again, not ones off the mixtape.
This one too

Only thing off hand that im looking for, and im beginning to think i dreamt it up... is a joint with Just Ice & KRS ONE

Just Ice is on the beat box, KRS rhymes... i think Just Ice might of rhymed on it too but im not sure... i heard it on red alert WAAAY back (late 80s)... havent heard it since, and havent been able to track it down or get a title... maybe i invented it, but i dont think so... might of been on a Just Ice album or single, because I only have 1 single from him... anyone??!?

Cryp

MD

Post by MD »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:MIC - 'Run The Sphere' - full version, not off a mixtape.
From the 12"?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

still looking for E.C. illa "All night"

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

MD wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:MIC - 'Run The Sphere' - full version, not off a mixtape.
From the 12"?
Yeah - Jaz hooked up a copy though.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Cryptic One wrote:
Mad Flava - To Tha Break

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Have all of these... it'll take me some time to find em all, but im in the midst of trying to organize some of my wax so i might come across them
Y@k Bollocks wrote: Royal Fam - 'Sumthin Gotz To Give'/'I Declare War'. again, not ones off the mixtape.
This one too

Only thing off hand that im looking for, and im beginning to think i dreamt it up... is a joint with Just Ice & KRS ONE

Just Ice is on the beat box, KRS rhymes... i think Just Ice might of rhymed on it too but im not sure... i heard it on red alert WAAAY back (late 80s)... havent heard it since, and havent been able to track it down or get a title... maybe i invented it, but i dont think so... might of been on a Just Ice album or single, because I only have 1 single from him... anyone??!?

Cryp

hmmmm Just Ice on the beatbox and KRS rhyming...

Going way back
The original gangster of Hip Hop
Freedom of speech
Moshitup
Kool & Deadly
On the strenght
Lyric licking
Booga bandit bitch

It's possible it's off that album, that was 87 or it might have been off this one...(89)

The Desolate One
... And Justice For All
Hardhead
Welfare Recipients
Na Touch Da Just
It's Time I Release
In The Jungle
Hijack
Ram Dance Hall Session

I haven't heard Just Ice in years and my vinyl is at my Dad's place but I will ask around for you Cyrp... :cool:

Menace To Sobriety

Post by Menace To Sobriety »

I've got loads but am drawing a blank.

I'd really like...

Megalon - 'One In A Million'. I could never, ever find that.

MIC - 'Run The Sphere' - full version, not off a mixtape.

Royal Fam - 'Sumthin Gotz To Give'/'I Declare War'. again, not ones off the mixtape.[/quote]

I've got that Royal Fam 12"

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

if its on this album im going to feel really dumb, because 2 years ago i "inherited" a bunch of hip hop vinyl from my cousin (because he got married and got rid of alot of his doubles)... and that record was in the bunch and i never got to listen to all of em... now i have to find it and check

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Jaz wrote:
Cryptic One wrote:
Mad Flava - To Tha Break

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
This one too

Cryp

hmmmm Just Ice on the beatbox and KRS rhyming...

Going way back
The original gangster of Hip Hop
Freedom of speech
Moshitup
Kool & Deadly
On the strenght
Lyric licking
Booga bandit bitch

It's possible it's off that album, that was 87 or it might have been off this one...(89)

The Desolate One
... And Justice For All
Hardhead
Welfare Recipients
Na Touch Da Just
It's Time I Release
In The Jungle
Hijack
Ram Dance Hall Session

I haven't heard Just Ice in years and my vinyl is at my Dad's place but I will ask around for you Cyrp... :cool:
I'll check the album also.....I think though you might be talkin' about "The Girl Is A slut" but you said you heard it on the radio so I doubt that's it...

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

SoulClap wrote: Diamond - Sally Got A One Track Mind (Showbiz Remix)
Tracked this one down today, ill upload it in a few minutes

Im going to start a new thread with the Sally mix, and a few other remixes... from brand nubian, digable planets, roots, tribe

as im in the midst of the month long vinyl semi-organizing missions... ill pull out some notable things and u/l as i go on

btw... i just dug up from my crates a Superlover Cee and Casanova Rud EP... on wild pitch... for some reason i dont remember this EP at all... havent listened to it yet today (my "i dont really remember this, i need to listen to it" pile turned into 2 full crates today)

I also found a Mad Flava test pressing... not sure whats on it yet either

daedal

Post by daedal »

Cryptic One wrote:

Cryp

I don't know the song, but is it this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

This is the title of the auction: "JUST ICE Going Way Back KRS ONE FRESH 12" "

neoteric

Post by neoteric »

the song youre talking about is moshitup and its sick as fuck

i have it on wax

heres mine:

Snagglepuss - I like It
i have been looking for this forever!!!
Cryptic do you have it?? on wax??or do you have King Sun - Sippon on Brandy?

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

neoteric wrote:the song youre talking about is moshitup and its sick as fuck

i have it on wax

heres mine:

Snagglepuss - I like It
i have been looking for this forever!!!
Cryptic do you have it?? on wax??or do you have King Sun - Sippon on Brandy?
i dont have the snaggle puss on wax... i know i have a bunch of his stuff and a bunch of his freestyles on cassette... but there is pretty much no chance of me finding it this decade because most of my tapes will just say very "cryptic" things like s&b (stretch and bob) or mm (martin more)... or mm (mr magic)... or mm (marly marl).... as u can see my shorthand is perfectly useless

the king sun i might have... im terrible with song titles... was that a b-side of a single?

moshitup? k so it is from that album... i know i have that LP, i gotta go dig it up... ive been looking for this song for 10 years now, and ive had it in my crates for at least 5 years... i feel like an idiot

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

192 versions of tat nas, saafir, lauryn hill, ras kass, OK, shyheim wakeup show 94 anthem.

192 version of come widdit... saafir, ahmad, ras kass.