Cash money vs. DJ Joe Cooley (the audio is in here bitches!)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Cash money vs. DJ Joe Cooley (the audio is in here bitches!)

Post by Galvatron78 »

one of the greatest DJ battles ever this proves that Cash Money is the most bitten DJ as far as innovations in this battle he scratched with his chest his stomach his muthafuckin' head (and all the time i thought DJ Scratch was the one tha started that stuff), Joe Cooley on the other hand was less sight more sound...how he was transformin' that got-damn fast i have no idea whatsoever...back then they didn't have no cross-fader curve knob and all that bullshit that nigga was usin' the mufuckin' line switches!!! One of the best battles ever and i still say that Joe won and i think the crowd in the aduio agrees with me because when they announced Cash as the winner he got the Ashley Simpson treatment. Any damn way here it is bitches...on the page just go to the link that says BATTLESOUNDS...this is for the DJ heads...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/charl ... ymusic.htm

the brow

Post by the brow »

Fucking dope. Thanks.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

you're welcome i wanted to share that with everyone......

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Dope.

"Mighty hard rocker" by Cash Money & Marvellous
one of my favorite tracks ever.

Fuck all them unlistenable "turntablist" herbs like Q-Bert
it's all about Cash Money and Jazzy Jeff
Cash Money needs to reissue all his old mixtapes.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Dope.

"Mighty hard rocker" by Cash Money & Marvellous
one of my favorite tracks ever.

Fuck all them unlistenable "turntablist" herbs like Q-Bert
it's all about Cash Money and Jazzy Jeff
Cash Money needs to reissue all his old mixtapes.
I agree with you halfway on that it ain't Q-bert it's his got-damned 30 million clones out that that lick his nuts daily at every battle and "mixtape" and their mixtapes sometimes i hate more than the got-damn commercial "scream yor name every two minutes" mixtapes....Joe Cooley was cuttin' fast as fuck but it had rhythm, and i think that's what a lot of these hoes lack...i prefer D-styles anyway he's on beat at least ...him and Boogie Blind are the illest right now. Oh and I Drive A Lexus you might wanna check out Boogie Blind's mixtape "Live at The PJ's" it's fuckin' nasty he cuts up all the old school shit from "AJ Scratch" to mufuckin' "Dollar Bill" and what he does to MC Lyte's "Survival of the fittest" and Kane's "Wrath of Kane" is just fuckin' nasty.

I'd agree with that to an extent
and thanks for the heads up on that Boogie Blind mix
BUT
having seen Q-Bert spin live
and watched him make funny unlistenable noises for a few hours i still think he's overrated
no party-rockin' ability whatsoever
plus, the only decent thing he's ever done on record are the cuts on Dr Octagon
his solo album was nails down a blackboard horrific noise
which is why i'd consider Mixmaster Mike a better dj than him
at least he makes it listenable, can rock a party and those two Beastie Boys songs
"3 emcees and 1 dj" and the one where he's cuttin' up "rapper's delight"
are dope.

But then
i'm not a dj so i guess Q-Bert's whole technical thing might be lost on me
nah'mean?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:I'd agree with that to an extent
and thanks for the heads up on that Boogie Blind mix
BUT
and watched him make funny unlistenable noises for a few hours i still think he's overrated
no party-rockin' ability whatsoever
plus, the only decent thing he's ever done on record are the cuts on Dr Octagon
which is why i'd consider Mixmaster Mike a better dj than him
at least he makes it listenable, can rock a party and those two Beastie Boys songs
"3 emcees and 1 dj" and the one where he's cuttin' up "rapper's delight"
are dope.

But then
nah'mean?
got-damn me and you see eye to eye on some shit....I posted a while back at the Q-bert board a while back that D-styles solo album "Phantazmagorea" was better than "Wave twisters' and them niggas damn near tried to track me down and kill me lol......D-styles and MMM have soul when they cut and it's fun as fuck to listen to their mixtapes expecially Mike......If it wasn't for Mike I probably would have never heard "Watch your back" by Ultramag and i've seen Mike live and he rips shit on the party rockin' tip.....these cats just wanna scratch that's all fine and dandy but for the next 8 hours what are you gonna do to get the crowd's attention...if you can't mix you're fucked....that's why i tell any dj starting out learn how to mix first then scratch.....niggas done took the word "turntablist" and masde it evil like the term "backpacker"....that's why i do what i do and stay away from Sausage fest "hiphop" parties......niggas be like "Galv why are you spinnin' that commercial shit" easy because i want a check and my dick sucked at the end of the night when all they all left with is a bad case of C.T.S. and an empty pocket and a hard dick....fuck that mayne. Fact still stands i can cut better than most of those cats becuase I'm on beat....and even Craze said he's getting sick of all this "circus shit" in battles and on albums....

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I Drive A Lexus wrote: BUT

But then
nah'mean?
these quotes made me laugh like a mufucka.....and as far as the technical shit goes yeah at times it's like takin' someone to a golf game that's never been before....some of the shit is appreciated but when you're different and noisy that's where you're fuckin' up.

Testify !

I did like that old Q-Bert mixtape where he was cuttin' up all yer Ultimate Breaks & Beats breaks tho
but he definately ain't fuckin' with Cash Money.

Cash Money cuttin' up "pump me up"
or his routine with "bounce, rock, skate, roll" are still unfuckwithable.