Das EFX censoring...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

waldo ptarmigan

Das EFX censoring...

Post by waldo ptarmigan »

So I just bought Straight Up Sewaside yesterday, and most of the fucks and shits are edited out, but nothing else really is. I had this same question with Low End Theory, but came to realize that that was the only version--however, it is extremely annoying on a couple tracks on this album where the swearing is much more prevalent. I bought it used so I'm hoping I didn't somehow get an edited copy. Is this another case of 1993 rap label weirdness?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Yep. Their debut is the same way.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Das EFX censoring...

Post by Philaflava »

waldo ptarmigan wrote:So I just bought Straight Up Sewaside yesterday, and most of the fucks and shits are edited out, but nothing else really is. I had this same question with Low End Theory, but came to realize that that was the only version--however, it is extremely annoying on a couple tracks on this album where the swearing is much more prevalent. I bought it used so I'm hoping I didn't somehow get an edited copy. Is this another case of 1993 rap label weirdness?
the first two albums i think were edited and low end theory is half edited. but check 'scenario' cuz thats dirty.

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yeah dead serious is edited. i mean it doesnt bother me cause in 92 when i got that album i was diggin it so much that the edits just sounded good too

waldo ptarmigan

Re: Das EFX censoring...

Post by waldo ptarmigan »

Philaflava wrote:
waldo ptarmigan wrote:So I just bought Straight Up Sewaside yesterday, and most of the fucks and shits are edited out, but nothing else really is. I had this same question with Low End Theory, but came to realize that that was the only version--however, it is extremely annoying on a couple tracks on this album where the swearing is much more prevalent. I bought it used so I'm hoping I didn't somehow get an edited copy. Is this another case of 1993 rap label weirdness?
the first two albums i think were edited and low end theory is half edited. but check 'scenario' cuz thats dirty.
I noticed that, it's kind of ridiculous, seeing as how they do such a poor editing job on every release they edited like that.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

How about the b-side single "Hard like a criminal"
where the won ton soup serving chink line is reversed? :lol: