Down South Hustlers Apreciation

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

BayAreaHustla408

Down South Hustlers Apreciation

Post by BayAreaHustla408 »

best songs...

C-Loc - Who am I
Mr. Serv-On - Handle your Business
Playaz from the South - Ugk Master P
My mind went blank - Dj Screw Poiint Blaank
RIP - Master P ("the sideshow" beat)
Dayton Family - STick and Move
Fuck Dem Niggaz - 8ball MJG

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I saw that album a great deal of places but never got into it. I guess at that time I was so deep into cats like Hiero and Brand Nubian that I couldn't dig it. But I definitely remember that album though.

Mr. Serve-On......I remember watching a Rap City episode where they interviewed him and he was talking about how he was into alot of other hip hop like Common and Big Pun. It was pretty good.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

the brow

Post by the brow »

Great album. I got it for free when I saw TRU, Mia X, and UNLV in 1996.
Mr. Serve-On......I remember watching a Rap City episode where they interviewed him and he was talking about how he was into alot of other hip hop like Common and Big Pun. It was pretty good.
Serv-on has a track with Big Pun on his first album called "NY to NO."

BayAreaHustla408

i think Serv-On had great potential...........i love that album with that Lynch and Master P song............shits dooope

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

unibrowski wrote:Great album. I got it for free when I saw TRU, Mia X, and UNLV in 1996.
Serv-on has a track with Big Pun on his first album called "NY to NO."
yeah, i remember video

look a little rushed but it was cool to see that kind of connection of the south and east coast

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

BayAreaHustla408 wrote:i think Serv-On had great potential...........i love that album with that Lynch and Master P song............shits dooope
Yes!!!!!! "it's real" was one of the illest songs on his album which wasn't that bad....and then the shit he had with C-murder "Cemetary Made" C-murder was at his evilest on that shit....and as far as this album goes it still bumps to this day...I could play "Bounce Dat Azz" around some hoes today and still splack some draws......PLAYAZZZZZ FROM THE SOUTH STACK GEE'SSSSSS!!!!!!!

Oh yeah can't forget about the O.G. Soulja Slim version of "You Got It"

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i have this album.

haven't listened to it for 6 years though probably.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

BayAreaHustla408 wrote:i think Serv-On had great potential...........i love that album with that Lynch and Master P song............shits dooope
The only about Serv-On I didn't like what how monotone he'd sound sometimes. He had some good songs but sometimes, his delivery was a little......ehhhhh. He had some stuff out though.

BayAreaHustla408

ardamus wrote:
The only about Serv-On I didn't like what how monotone he'd sound sometimes. He had some good songs but sometimes, his delivery was a little......ehhhhh. He had some stuff out though.
i agree....but as monotone as he would sound sometime.......his voice was fire......its kinda dark and ancient.....(im high)..................

BayAreaHustla408

thats what it do WHODIE..........

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

we need an early no limit flood in the magic forum

ive got some P, some TRU, and some compilations, but i need mr serv on, fiend, west coast bad boys, down south hustlers, the first mac album, old silkk, etc etc etc.

we ridin gold tanks!

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I still want the first Mac album. That shit was dope and I never bought it. Shame on me.......