1988 Classic-Eazy E-Eazy Duz It

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Jaz
Ease Up

1988 Classic-Eazy E-Eazy Duz It

Post by Jaz »

oh man How dope is this album still?, Eazy had such a unique voice, Dre's beats were top notch and every track made your headnod or the rhymes were mad easy to memorize (granted Eazy wasn't the best MC but who else sounded like him?).

MC Ren killed it on "2 Hard Muthas", Dre used classic breaks and lots of funk shit, It was dark, it was amusing (but the bitch had more crabs than a sea food platter :lol: ) and in my opinon should be in every hip hop fans music collection.

I played "Radio" on my radio show last night and had 3 calls asking who it was, sometimes I forget that as the years go by there are kids discovering NWA's records for the first time.

It is still hard to believe that Eazy has been dead for nearly 10 years..

I have owned this on tape, vinyl and CD. :cool:

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

first hip hop I heard was a homemade mixtape of Eazy, NWA, & Too $hort... timeless shit... like you said, simplistic rhyming, but unique, catchy, and extremely well produced... shit hooked me for life

PEACE

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

unbelievably timeless record...has a replay value that few albums can match

ruthless villian is ridiculously hard...ren absolutely murders it...song contains insanely strong drums and somehow ren still overpowers them

in fact the drums as a whole on the album are ridiculous

this will get listened to on the ride to work tomorrow

admiral

Post by admiral »

"nobody move" is the funniest heist narrative ever

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

EAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
EAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
EAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
EAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That video is CLASSIC, eazy live from prison, with NWA on stage as his hypemen, BRILLIANT, if shyne was smart, hed freak the same video

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

That video is CLASSIC, eazy live from prison, with NWA on stage as his hypemen, BRILLIANT, if shyne was smart, hed freak the same video

except ice cube...who they stuck in the crowd as just another fan...the writing was on the wall even then....no vaseline bitch

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

eazy was killin' em

this album is much appreciated...people sleep on this even when mentiona WESTCOAST classics

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

I feel like it gets underrated because Eazy was not really with the time in terms of technique, but that said, like Too $hort his charisma and humor and uniqueness easily make up for it... DEFINITELY a classic album

The Comedian

Post by The Comedian »

Man, for years the pretentious net crowd ripped Eazy because he didn't write his own lyrics and shit like that...the truth is he was an awesome fucking rapper, I don't give a fuck what anybody else says...

:) THE COMEDIAN :)

christopher walken

Post by christopher walken »

If anyone's interested there's a phenomenal article about Eazy in this issue of Swindle mag, put out by Sheppard Fairey. It's a quarterly mag, available at Borders, and Barnes & Noble. The article has alot of commentary from Benyad and Mazik from Blood of Abraham. www.swindlequarterly.com