song id

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

docta doom

song id

Post by docta doom »

this one's a jewel but i forgot the name

its a marley marl track feat masta ace, craig g, kool g rap, and big daddy kane. i think it might be called "the symphony" or somethin
"Fuck 3 strikes, get the bitch to bat..."

-Mac Dre

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

never heard it :D

kato

Post by kato »

the heck?

christopher walken

Re: song id

Post by christopher walken »

docta doom wrote:this one's a jewel but i forgot the name

its a marley marl track feat masta ace, craig g, kool g rap, and big daddy kane. i think it might be called "the symphony" or somethin
can he be serious?

docta doom

Post by docta doom »

im 17, u fucking prick. that song was on my friend's comp when we were making a mix, havent listened to it for a long time and i forgot the title
"Fuck 3 strikes, get the bitch to bat..."

-Mac Dre

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: :duh:

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

oh man i thought he was being sarcastic lol

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

100% comedy

PEACE

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

dook was like zero when this dropped...respect that hes tryin to learn the history and not over on my two cents sayin how zach de la rocha is better than kool g rap

haters

im 17, u fucking prick. that song was on my friend's comp when we were making a mix, havent listened to it for a long time and i forgot the title

the symphony

also check out the symphony part II....imo its an even better song

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

^ Word, cats are way too eager to cry new jack to someone trying to dig back. Had they been on the net in the mid-90s, half of them would have been "What's that 'its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder' track called?"

christopher walken

clark bent wrote:dook was like zero when this dropped...respect that hes tryin to learn the history and not over on my two cents sayin how zach de la rocha is better than kool g rap

haters

the symphony

also check out the symphony part II....imo its an even better song
i respect the fact that he's digging...one problem, a simple google search would have done the trick. the symphony ptII while it was good, was a shadow of the original, not even in the same sphere.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ Agreed.
"symphony 2" better than part 1..?
godamn..Bent has lost his mind.

Fuck Zach De La Rocha doe
Debbie Harry on "rapture" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nas.

admiral

Post by admiral »

at least he didnt think meth and red were on it

christopher walken

admiral wrote:at least he didnt think meth and red were on it
that wasn't them???

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:^ Agreed.

yeah, but truthfully, although Clark Bent has strange tastes, he does not have BAD taste and would never say some shit like that.

we all have weird tastes if you think about it.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSH
that went over yer head, Doogs.

"Vagina diner" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "illmatic"
i know Bent agrees with me on this one.

christopher walken

Doogs wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:^ Agreed.

yeah, but truthfully, although Clark Bent has strange tastes, he does not have BAD taste and would never say some shit like that.

we all have weird tastes if you think about it.
agreed. Clark has mad knowledge, and 90% of the time has good taste... it's just that other 10% of time that he's so off base, as if he's listening to hip-hop through an Oreck XL.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

g raps symphony II verse>>>>the entire symphony I

i dont know revisit both songs tonight...come back tomorrow morn and tell me they arent nearly as good as each other...if not II being better

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

"Vagina diner" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "illmatic"
i know Bent agrees with me on this one.

die

'no exit' is presently my favorite old song tho...ive been wearing it out as of late

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Man, Masta Ace fucking rips that whole song, I don't care what you say.

Honestly, I think the song is a little overrated. A monumental achievement, to get these guys who would be famous on one track, but not really a great track overall.

christopher walken

Reggie wrote:Man, Masta Ace fucking rips that whole song, I don't care what you say.

Honestly, I think the song is a little overrated. A monumental achievement, to get these guys who would be famous on one track, but not really a great track overall.
dude, just to give me some scope on the situation, how old are you? not a great track??? did you own this record in '88 when it dropped? it set the standard for all posse-cuts, and it's probably the best-known, most-loved posse cut of all time. not really a great track, you're a fucking retard. A young Ace, Kane, G Rap each ripped their verses to shreds over a consumate, gigantic head-nodder of a track, what else makes a great overall track...now i'm convinced you smoke crillz.

$

Post by $ »

christopher walken wrote:
Reggie wrote:Man, Masta Ace fucking rips that whole song, I don't care what you say.

dude, just to give me some scope on the situation, how old are you? not a great track??? did you own this record in '88 when it dropped? it set the standard for all posse-cuts, and it's probably the best-known, most-loved posse cut of all time. not really a great track, you're a fucking retard. A young Ace, Kane, G Rap each ripped their verses to shreds over a consumate, gigantic head-nodder of a track, what else makes a great overall track...now i'm convinced you smoke crillz.
And don't forget the Affirmative action remix is a good continuation of the symphony's legacy. That shit was done right.
Dollars and sense

admiral

Post by admiral »

christopher walken wrote:

Maybe he's referencing Masta Ase's 4 minus 3?

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

Honestly, I think the song is a little overrated. A monumental achievement, to get these guys who would be famous on one track, but not really a great track overall

i agree with all of this except the part about it not being a great track

it is a great track AND a little overrated all at the same time

basically what it is is a great song but not an all-time great song as most people think