Raw Breed

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Sensasianal

Raw Breed

Post by Sensasianal »

Heard the album Lune Tunz for the first time last night. Wasn't expecting much, but the shit bangs.

Who the hell are these guys?
They were down with Ultramagnetic?
Are their other albums any good?
Are there any other semi-obscure groups who make rap in the same vein as these guys?

Someone educate me....
Is this hiphop? Hell no, this is war.
I've been trying to tell you that since How About Some Hardcore.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Raw Breed

Post by Philaflava »

Sensasianal wrote:Heard the album Lune Tunz for the first time last night. Wasn't expecting much, but the shit bangs.

Who the hell are these guys?
They were down with Ultramagnetic?
Are their other albums any good?
Are there any other semi-obscure groups who make rap in the same vein as these guys?

Someone educate me....
i think they were from the bronx. tr love produced some tracks for these guys. i think keith may have been on one of their tracks too. jesse west ICU also was apart of the production team. their albums weren't nothing to write home about, but cool.

i own their 'blood, sweet and tears' album. it's obscure as you can get but i don't know of another group like them that i was say were similar.

Ethix Skeptro
Location: 416-905, Creataz 4cefield, Hollow Erf, K2, Killamanjaro, Ararat, Taigetos & Pindus Mts

Post by Ethix Skeptro »

Raw Breed is : Nick Burna/Blackson, Alexander the Great and Marc Live

Excecutive Pro: T.R. Love Da Funk Ignitor a.k.a. Tommy Gibbs for da BEat Terrorists Productions. also Slej The Ruffedge

Ice--T and the Syndicate Fam helped these guys get there ish 2gether and out..
AND YES they are down with Kool Keith, Tim Dog and the Ultramagnetic Mcees...aswell as 3rd eye, Jes Wes, Guru, Godfather Don....

Song "Pressure" off the "Blood, Sweat and Tears Lp" is maddddd!!

They are ill!

similar semi-obscure artists...
N9NE, 3RD EYE, Trouble Neck Bros, Bush Babees, Hoodrats, Dark Sun Ridaz, GP WU, Pop da Brown Hornet, Army Of Darkness, Camp Lo, Sir Bootcamp, King Tee, King Sun

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

See you caught so much hate for posting before in P&B, but after that I think you are clearly misunderstood. You know ya shit homie, stick in this forum.

Sensasianal

Post by Sensasianal »

The same Marc Live that appears randomly on Kool Keith albums? Didn't know that. Did TR Love produce the other (non-Lune Tunz) albums? The beats on that one slam....

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

Ethix Skeptro wrote:Raw Breed is : Nick Burna/Blackson, Alexander the Great and Marc Live

Excecutive Pro: T.R. Love Da Funk Ignitor a.k.a. Tommy Gibbs for da BEat Terrorists Productions. also Slej The Ruffedge

Ice--T and the Syndicate Fam helped these guys get there ish 2gether and out..
AND YES they are down with Kool Keith, Tim Dog and the Ultramagnetic Mcees...aswell as 3rd eye, Jes Wes, Guru, Godfather Don....

Song "Pressure" off the "Blood, Sweat and Tears Lp" is maddddd!!

They are ill!

similar semi-obscure artists...
N9NE, 3RD EYE, Trouble Neck Bros, Bush Babees, Hoodrats, Dark Sun Ridaz, GP WU, Pop da Brown Hornet, Army Of Darkness, Camp Lo, Sir Bootcamp, King Tee, King Sun

yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes oooh yeeeeaaaah
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

Decent group but they seemed to simply regurgitate the style of the minute; on their first album they sound like Onyx and on the second they sound like Mobb Deep.

Sensasianal

Post by Sensasianal »

KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:Decent group but they seemed to simply regurgitate the style of the minute; on their first album they sound like Onyx and on the second they sound like Mobb Deep.
Yeah, this doesn't surprise me. I really like the style of the minute that they're emulating, however. I always got the sense that liking this style was frowned upon, but I don't really care. I like Flow Joe, so sue me. There are worse things in the world than a rap group that sounds like Onyx. Except the Hoodratz. They're not exactly high quality rap music.

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Sensasianal wrote:
KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:Decent group but they seemed to simply regurgitate the style of the minute; on their first album they sound like Onyx and on the second they sound like Mobb Deep.
Yeah, this doesn't surprise me. I really like the style of the minute that they're emulating, however. I always got the sense that liking this style was frowned upon, but I don't really care. I like Flow Joe, so sue me. There are worse things in the world than a rap group that sounds like Onyx. Except the Hoodratz. They're not exactly high quality rap music.
Note: I did not say there was anything wrong with an Onyx-esque style, just pointing out that these kids weren't exactly groundbreaking.

Sensasianal

Post by Sensasianal »

^^^^^

Yeah, I know. I wasn't taking offense or anything, it's just that on HHI and whatever else Onyx soundalikes always seemed to generate a lot of hate. As far as soundalike groups go I'll take an Onyx copy over a Pharcyde copy anyday.

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Sensasianal wrote:^^^^^

Yeah, I know. I wasn't taking offense or anything, it's just that on HHI and whatever else Onyx soundalikes always seemed to generate a lot of hate. As far as soundalike groups go I'll take an Onyx copy over a Pharcyde copy anyday.
Hmmm... I dunno, Anotha Level is definitely better than Hoodratz, but Questionmark Asylum are worse than even sophomore LP Grand Daddy IU so...

Sensasianal

Post by Sensasianal »

This could be a thread in itself. Bootlegga vs. Lookaway Now!!

A bootlegga stole my flavor, anotha ham n egger
....or something to that effect. So bad.....

I like Stop Sweatin' Me off the QA album, but that's about the only song I do like. To be fair, there are better Pharcyde ripoffs than them, but they are the most remarkably similar.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

"Raw Breed" was also a dope song by Das Efx.

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:
Sensasianal wrote:Questionmark Asylum are worse than even sophomore LP Grand Daddy IU so...
Why so much hate on Questionmark Asylum? I thought they're debut album was pretty nice. Songs like "Curse Of the Q" were just bangin
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

cuntface

Post by cuntface »

raw breed did rabbit stew right?

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

ScholarWenis wrote:
KRS-THUN ATTACK! wrote:
Sensasianal wrote:Questionmark Asylum are worse than even sophomore LP Grand Daddy IU so...
Why so much hate on Questionmark Asylum? I thought they're debut album was pretty nice. Songs like "Curse Of the Q" were just bangin
They were soft, every song sounded exactly the same, and their jack of the Pharcyde style was blatant to the point of being disrespectful.

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

cuntface wrote:raw breed did rabbit stew right?
yes

i got that on mpeg, its a funny video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>