Souls of Mischief - No Man's Land

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

MD

Souls of Mischief - No Man's Land

Post by MD »

Was this any good? I never picked it up and can barely remember the video they put out from it.

jimmy78

Post by jimmy78 »

I quite liked this. Some unusal sounding tracks on there. I think the general consensus is that a lot of heads were dissapointed by it.

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

Not a bad deal for $8.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I liked 'Times Ain't Fair'.

'Focus' pisses on this album, and all other Souls Of Mischief albums not title '93 Til Infinity'

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

tho not nearly as good overall...i compare the album thematically to labcabin...like pharcyde souls gets much more serious on this record...out is the playfulness and upbeat tempo of the first record...in is a more dark and grown up tone...

in terms of the album as a whole...id compare it to another album that followed a classic...non-fiction...both albums suffered badly from the weight of expectations and are not nearly as bad as were portrayed upon release...that said non-fiction is better

its a real solid album with a couple great songs
its on half.com for like 8-9 bucks
get it

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Fuck the general consensus, This has always been my favorite Souls album. IMO it was a more consistent release, tracks like "Fa Sho Fa Real" and "Dirty D's Theme" displayed a more mature Souls, still coming with the heavy lyricism.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

actually this is my favorite souls album too- "times ain't fair" is the dopest track on there tho. "rock it like that" is also dope as fuuuck.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

scholar is on point

'dirty d's theme' and 'fo sho fo real' (along with yeah it was you which is the best song) are the two really good songs on the record

BUT

its nowheres near as good as 93 til

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

That "freestyle" track with Del on it is illin'.

BayAreaHustla408

Post by BayAreaHustla408 »

i copped this cd for 6 bucks at the local mom and pops shop in 2000..........fuckin LOVED this shit back then.........Dirty D's Theme was my fuckin JAAAM son.......

i thought it was better then 93 till infinity..............the all around beats and flows on it were :shock:

shit broke in half when this hot girl brought her fat friend to my house.....fat girl sat on it....she sat on it

DONT SHOCK THE WORLD...(A+ without a doubttt....)

haha....(i also hooked phesto up with some white girl a few times....when in the Campbell town...)......

citizen

Post by citizen »

i thought the story was they made a subpar album on purpose to be rid of their contract

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Every so often I throw this tape back in, wondering if it aged with time..

Then I listen and realize my opinion holds true..

Did not like the album at all, save for the aforementioned "Fa Sho For Real"..

"Cabfare" was supposed to be on this album, but Bob James didn't clear the sample.. He thought they made the song too "mickey mouse"..

I highly recommend copping the Hiero B sides and oldies tracks from the Hiero website.. Many dope tracks, especially Souls stuff that in my opinion pisses on No Man's Land..

"Good Feelings", and "Step To My Girl" being 2 of them.

Grand Central

Post by Grand Central »

I think this album is ok. Like everyone said, there's a few good jams. But yeah, nothing beats 93 Till Inifinty, Focus is second best.

"Shooting Stars" has always been one of my favourite Souls jams.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

dope album
worth getting for sure

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

just gave this a listen, i definitely think it's worth a purchase, "secret service" is a hot track, nice flow on this one.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

some of ya'll fucked up in the dome...this shit was good even if they were trying to make a crappy albm on purpose if that's the case they failed miserably this shit was pretty good to me......"Where The Fuck You At?" is a dope ass beat and I'm still wondering ...........

WHY IN THE FUCK WASN'T "SO YOU WANNA BE......." A FULL SONG?