What do you hate about Rap right now (T.R.O.Y. vent thread)

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Liger Woods

Post by Liger Woods »

i agree with sample clearances

but i really agree with what King Tech said about the emcees:

"I think the other thing that really bothers me is the lyrical skill level. The bar has gotten so low, that honestly I feel like I can rap at this point. You just listen to it and damn. It's equivalent to like, if you watch the NBA, and go, 'Damn, it's ten feet high. The way he got in the air and dunked it, that's incredible.' You know, then the NBA brings the rim down to six feet, and you're like, wait a minute, I can play this game, too! I want to jump in this! I feel like if the lyrical skill level of the early '90s was a ten, and now it's gotten down to a six and five, and in some cases a four, a three. At one point, I thought it was a zero. When I listen to some records, it's zero! It's like there is no skill involved in this, this guy is saying nothing! And, I don't know, for me personally, that was a sad day."

the bball analogy is so true.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

i agree as well....but its kinda ironic coming from someone who put out the train wreck that was 'concrete jungle'...which contained some of the worst mc'ing youll ever hear