T.R.O.Y. = MP3x Pt. 2?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

T.R.O.Y. = MP3x Pt. 2?

Post by Philaflava »

Don't jump the gun because I am not doing this yet, but since practically every link is dying fast I have been thinking about it...

Should we make this room private and give access to everyone who contributes? It won't be as strict as MP3x, but it will eliminate the lurkers, especially since they don't really reup at all.

Thoughts.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Eh, as long as yall ain't Nazis with it.
dope, guns, & religion

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nobody would be be obligated to contributing daily or weekly. Just those that post would have access.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Rey wrote:Eh, as long as yall ain't Nazis with it.
yeah and include mufuckas that put shit up and don't be hoes about it like the O.G. MP3X shit.......

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Also, if you're gonna lock it down, don't forget the low post count cats that re-up shit to make up for their lack of material. Thats love.

Plus with mp3x, it seems like there are credible people who want in, but can't get access. If people wanna get put up on older shit, they should be allowed to. It shouldn't be some exlcusive brotherhood shit with just the same knowledgable cats throwing mp3's at each other.

I don't care to be in mp3x, but I've come to resent how its being run.
dope, guns, & religion

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Rey wrote:Also, if you're gonna lock it down, don't forget the low post count cats that re-up shit to make up for their lack of material. Thats love.

Plus with mp3x, it seems like there are credible people who want in, but can't get access. If people wanna get put up on older shit, they should be allowed to. It shouldn't be some exlcusive brotherhood shit with just the same knowledgable cats throwing mp3's at each other.

I don't care to be in mp3x, but I've come to resent how its being run.
1.) Anyone (regardless of post count) who posts in this forum and has (at one time or another) contributed will get in.

2.) If you've never been in MP3x, you really can't resent how its being run.

Its very simple, we offer spots every few months and for those that want in all they have to do is PM Russian and state what they have to offer. For the most part, the only ones who complain about that place are the kids who are removed because they rarely contribute (if at all).

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

hmmmm i was always under the impession that you had to be "invited".....oh well I stand corrected but if you want to this I'd love to get in and share my shit that would be a great place to place my old school mix cd's that I make...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Galvatron78 wrote:hmmmm i was always under the impession that you had to be "invited".....oh well I stand corrected but if you want to this I'd love to get in and share my shit that would be a great place to place my old school mix cd's that I make...
Gavy, when you asked me about Smut what happened?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Philaflava wrote:
Galvatron78 wrote:hmmmm i was always under the impession that you had to be "invited".....oh well I stand corrected but if you want to this I'd love to get in and share my shit that would be a great place to place my old school mix cd's that I make...
Gavy, when you asked me about Smut what happened?
I'm in (and I just posted a fie ass movie in there) ...it's all G mayne I didn't really know about the policy and I simply stated what i thought about it at the time.....either way I'd be more interested in doing the Old School MP3X rather than the new shit that's out.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

I mean..whatever's good..

I feel like everyone's been real good about re-upping in the thread..

Personally, I'd rather keep it open so that these obscure mp3's keep coming from every angle..

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Diggedy wrote:I mean..whatever's good..

I feel like everyone's been real good about re-upping in the thread..

Personally, I'd rather keep it open so that these obscure mp3's keep coming from every angle..
agreed, as long as we emphasize the re-up thing, and as long as people have a little respect for each other, i say keep it open.

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

There has been considerable effort to reup the music in this thread. The links do not all die quickly, the community here is very small but very helpful and good about reupping, so I feel there is absolutely no need to change anything right now.

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

i will reup. i cant upload too much these days because of my mp3s getting ass raped.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

an-also

Post by an-also »

Hmmm.. i dont kno. Re ups are been going pretty good so far. Maby we should use www.youshareit.com to get more downloads and what not.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

as long as everybody is cool with helping out, a private forum will not happen.

this was just a question to see what you all thought of the idea.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

If you're going to make any changes at all, I think the best thing to do would be to create yet another exclusive forum, "TROY MP3X" or whatever. But even that seems like too much.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I haven't downloaded anything yet

I dont really have obscure shit to contribute but I will upload

some albums that are less talked about that I have and will help out

re-upping

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

There were so many lurkers that came out of the woods and really came through with some good shit. I think it would be a bad idea.
Last edited by Raphael De La Ghetto on Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Diggedy wrote:

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

i was always under the assumption that the yousendit links stayed up for X amount time and that time period was static...but what yall are saying is that there are variables that determine when a link goes down???

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ Yousendit links tend to go down after 20-25 downloads
or 7 days, i think.

I think this place is fine as it is
the regular crew generally end up getting the mp3s and people are kind enough to re-up for those who don't.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

i wouldnt make anything private but id seperate out stuff a little more

maybe make three different sticky threads

1. songs
2. albums
3. re-ups

edit***

and perhaps a fourth that would contain compilations special mixes ect...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Bad idea, in my opinion, Bent
there's about 10 stickied threads as it is
it'd be better to keep it all the mp3-in' to one huge thread.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

thered be about four...the three permanent ones and the occasional poll

and having them seperate would make it easier to look thru the stuff...for example not having to look thru two pages of re ups that you already have

id assume theres a lot of people who dont really need any full albums either...and could look for songs without having to look thru dozens of posts for full albums like the legion or k-solo

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

I don't fuck with the mp3s and I think this place is good the way it is. My contention is to discuss old school rap.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i missed the boat on mp3x forum

i'd be glad to both leech and contribute as much as i can
Nets 2022