Concerning Rey's Idea of Cataloguing All the Songs Uploaded

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Concerning Rey's Idea of Cataloguing All the Songs Uploaded

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

Um, it's a good idea.

Who has enough initiative to get it started?

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

Like, creating a master list?

I can get around to it.

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

Steezel Weezel wrote:Like, creating a master list?

I can get around to it.
Yeah. I mean I guess its a simple cut-n-paste procedure. So who's gonna take the weight?

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

I've alphabetized the whole list. I'm now working on editing a few errors. Should have it posted soon.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Oh shit, :shock:

Now that it's actually been done, I'm not sure it's that great of an idea...
dope, guns, & religion

liesalllies

Post by liesalllies »

Rey wrote:I'm not sure it's that great of an idea...
nah its cool...all these garbage dead links should be removed as well...cut the sticky posts down to 2-3 pages max, daily. not tellin ya'll how to run shit...it just makes sense...

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

I like the idea too, gives people a chance to check what they've missed without having to wade through pages and pages of replies to the original threads.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Oh word, that was why I suggested the list in the first place. But when I did so, it was just a bunch of singles and a few albums thrown in, a fraction of the size it is now.

What with TROY being and open forum, if a cease & desist order was handed down, it would be to their advantage to have a nice clean list of everything that's been traded thus far.

I still think its dope that the list is made, cuz I'd like to take a look at it myself.
dope, guns, & religion

Dids

Post by Dids »

Rey wrote:Oh word, that was why I suggested the list in the first place. But when I did so, it was just a bunch of singles and a few albums thrown in, a fraction of the size it is now.

What with TROY being and open forum, if a cease & desist order was handed down, it would be to their advantage to have a nice clean list of everything that's been traded thus far.

I still think its dope that the list is made, cuz I'd like to take a look at it myself.
It's not that open, you still have to register to view right? And it isn't like this place is so high visibitlity that the RIAA is lurking here.

The biggest "risk" is that the Albums thread is now posting stuff that's neither obscure or OOP. (not that I mind, 'cause it means I've got fuckloads of dope music at work now, a lot of which I own but is at home).

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I run a forum too and we've discussed this a few times. I believe you're OK as long as you are not actually hosting the files here. As they are on YouSendIt, there's nothing to worry about. If posting links was illegal then Google would be shut down in minutes cos you can find a stack of YouSendIt links with a search.

Do you have member groups here? What you could do is set it so TROY is not visible at all until a member has made so many posts. That would stop bots and lurkers and mean only people who contribute to the board could get the files.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Dids wrote:
Rey wrote:Oh word, that was why I suggested the list in the first place. But when I did so, it was just a bunch of singles and a few albums thrown in, a fraction of the size it is now.

It's not that open, you still have to register to view right? And it isn't like this place is so high visibitlity that the RIAA is lurking here.
You'd be suprised.

But Sig's reasoning seems sensable, so I'm skrait.
dope, guns, & religion

Butta
la princesa de PF

Post by Butta »

have y'all tried using youshareit.com instead of yousendit? Far as I know, they have unlimited D/L..that way when the list is made, someone can upload an album/single and whomever (who has the power to, of course) can edit the list and add as needed.

All white people look alike. They're like lighbulbs with shoes. - Squidbillies

"Cause fuck that son...anything dark in your dreams that is not rick james is not a good thing." - My Sister

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

don't make troy a member's only forum pleeeeeeeeaaaaase...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

intuition wrote:don't make troy a member's only forum pleeeeeeeeaaaaase...
we are not. it's been great as is. we're all considerate of re-upping and fullfilling requests too.