Mp3 Feedback

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

KRS-THUN ATTACK!

Mp3 Feedback

Post by KRS-THUN ATTACK! »

OK, now that we've all participated in this out of control filesharing orgy, does anyone feel like expressing their opinions on the music they've heard?

Out of the songs that were entirely new to me, I must say that I was thoroughly impressed with Sha Now the Remedy Man's solo joint. For those that don't know, Sha was from LONS affiliates Rumpletilskinz and had a fairly distinctive style. This song has a grimy yet quirky beat with some ill piano sounds that complements his unorthodox style quite nicely, and Sha drops some rhymes that go quite a bit beyond the standard mid-90s "grunt and growl so people think you're hardcore" approach. Definitely a gem.

Of the songs that were familiar to me, I think I was most happy to revisit Jemini the Gifted One "Brooklyn Kids." Its the kind of joint that just gets better with age, with its somber sounding music and Jemini's extremely poignant narrative. On a similar tip, it was great to hear Bush Babees "Remember We" remix, possibly one of the greatest improvments on an original track ever.
Last edited by KRS-THUN ATTACK! on Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frank b

Post by frank b »

I'm enjoying the Stezo album the most. Been trying to get a copy for a very long time.

I'm surprised by the 3 X Dope album. I remember seeing the silly "Funky Dividends" video on Yo! but never even considered making the purchase.

The Godfather Don album is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Haven't listened to much else, but I'm looking forward to the Spoonie G stuff and the Fat Joe.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Zeed Stun

Post by Zeed Stun »

I have never heard Dark Skin Assasins before, but am now a fan.

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

downloaded jaz's two comps, the hard knocks, and the pete & cl...

i've only listened to jaz's volume 1 and the pete & cl. jaz's comp was awesome, i had only heard 4-5 of those tracks before. much respect for that mix, jaz.

and the pete and cl, i enjoyed very much. i can't say how much replay value it has - the first thing i wanted to do after i listened to it was leave it alone and grab all the originals off of the rack and listen to them. great music is great music, it's tough to ruin. but in the same vein, after listening to it for so long one way, your mind is almost predisposed to like it the original way better. much respect and thanks for sharing those albums, thun.

Dr. Thaddeus Onlineus III

Post by Dr. Thaddeus Onlineus III »

I've been enjoying the YZ, the Special Ed, the Agallah, the Milk, and Son of Bazerk albums the most.

The Special Ed is most most appreciated.

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

My computer is overflowing with these mp3's.. I'm still trying to organize them, pull them from zip files.. I still don't even know what I have.. I've been downloading first and asking questions later..

I'll be posting many times in this thread, but right now the songs that come to mind that I have never heard before that I'm feeling are

Mack Da Maniak - What Goes Up (Remix) ..I never even heard of Mack..The track's fresh though, and the Lost boyz kill it..

and two of those Ak joints are crazy.. "Murder" and "Yo".. I had actually heard the second verse from "Yo" on a different beat, but it's crazy nonetheless..

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Diggedy wrote:I've been downloading first and asking questions later..
:lol:
dope, guns, & religion

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

zygmontone wrote:downloaded jaz's two comps, the hard knocks, and the pete & cl...

i've only listened to jaz's volume 1 and the pete & cl. jaz's comp was awesome, i had only heard 4-5 of those tracks before. much respect for that mix, jaz.

and the pete and cl, i enjoyed very much. i can't say how much replay value it has - the first thing i wanted to do after i listened to it was leave it alone and grab all the originals off of the rack and listen to them. great music is great music, it's tough to ruin. but in the same vein, after listening to it for so long one way, your mind is almost predisposed to like it the original way better. much respect and thanks for sharing those albums, thun.

:mrgreen: anytime zygmontone....errr...which ones were thy again man?
run the jewelz?

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

Jaz wrote:
zygmontone wrote:downloaded jaz's two comps, the hard knocks, and the pete & cl...

:mrgreen: anytime zygmontone....errr...which ones were thy again man?
run the jewelz?
naw, those were the "hard to the core" mixes you posted... why, you got more??

:cool:

Ap

Post by Ap »

i really like the "Crab" track by Fierce. does he have more releases?

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Out of all the new songs I heard I must say I'm really feeling that 2 Face joint "Hey Hey Hey". The beat is just sooo smooth and the back n forth chemistry between L-Swift & A-Butta is near flawless. I also enjoyed "Lifesaver" by Guru, I never even knew that track existed!
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i like the YZ stuff....

waldo ptarmigan

Post by waldo ptarmigan »

I have been listening to the YZ stuff all week on my ipod. However, the saddest thing (and this is really the saddest thing) is that I am currently without my own computer right now, and won't be back to it until sunday-monday, and I am missing all these fucking AMAZING downloads.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Alot of great music has been posted. One of the highlights for me was seeing the Resident Alien LP up there with all the other stuff. It's going to take ages to sift through everything I dowloaded, especially all the dope gems that Jaz and Scholar Wenis put up. It feels like I'm in some kind of a hip-hop overdose and it's great.

Dreadknotz - Causin' A Menace (Lord Digga Remix) has been played constantly by me on my iTunes. Excellent tune.