The D.O.C.

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

JERRY JULIANO

The D.O.C.

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

Aiight fuck that, i'm on a roll. The got damn DOC put out a classic album. Fuck that! Any of ya'll try to contest that, u sick in the head.

Who fuckin with me on this one here? :?: :twisted:

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

"like the D-O-C no one can do it better"

what are those other DOC albums like is what I wanna know

JERRY JULIANO

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

word up, i never heard the 2nd one, i guess it came out. But he kept busy ghostwriting from what i hear...

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

didn't he get his larnyx crushed at the height of his career? (height of his career equaling after "No One Can Do It Better..) and if so, then what does his album sound like AFTERWORDS? crazy. or maybe he recorded the next album before that happened.. I dont know. Anybody? Yeah I heard he does a lot of ghostwriting..

JERRY JULIANO

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

yeah he got in a car accident n shit. Yup the album was done after... his voice is all fucked up but he still did it. I aint heard none of it tho....

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Dre kills it on "No One can Do It Better." Whirlwind Pyramid is some top notch shit

JERRY JULIANO

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:Whirlwind Pyramid is some top notch shit
ona my favorite joints ever!!

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

No One Can Do It Better was my first tape and the DOC was my idol, damn shame he got in that car wreck and ruined his voice. His second album came out and sucked, his third dropped a few years back (I want to say from his Silverback label) and made no noise. According to a XXL article, he ghostwrote Doggystyle.

JERRY JULIANO

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

^^ wow i never heard that one about doggystyle. But hey that would explain why snoop sucks so bad now, that i guess he writes his own rhymes.

But still, i always thought snoop wrote for them dudes, etc etc. But maybe it was just a cover up. Yo - DOC did a lot of the writing for Dre on Chronic tho right?

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

JERRY JULIANO wrote:Yo - DOC did a lot of the writing for Dre on Chronic tho right?
I can't say for sure, but there's got to be some reason DOC was riding around in the (Jay-Z ghostwrote it for a hundred thousand and bit the idea from Masta Ace) Still Dre video.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Can someone please put up his first album?

I've got two copies on tape, with no tape deck.
peace,

JERRY JULIANO

Post by JERRY JULIANO »

werd, that would be love

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I'm downloading it now. When it's done I'll up it. It's going damn slow though. :evil:

You remember the Fila Fresh Crew? DOC was one of the members.

Post by Guest »

Sankofa wrote:
JERRY JULIANO wrote:Yo - DOC did a lot of the writing for Dre on Chronic tho right?
I can't say for sure, but there's got to be some reason DOC was riding around in the (Jay-Z ghostwrote it for a hundred thousand and bit the idea from Masta Ace) Still Dre video.
You're talking about the 2001 album here? He was credited with writing one two songs (Big Egos and I forget the other) on that album.