Casual - Fear Itself

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Magneto

Casual - Fear Itself

Post by Magneto »

One of the better West Coast MCs from the mid 90s. Incredible LP. Dope beats plus a great lyricist. I play this almost as much as any West Coast album.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

To me this is the only Hiero album worth owning.

Really good lp, although i don't rate it quite as highly as a few people here do.

The 1999 Casual cut that Alchemist produced on one of his 12"s on teh Stimulated label is slept on
what was the name of that again..?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:To me this is the only Hiero album worth owning.

Really good lp, although i don't rate it quite as highly as a few people here do.

The 1999 Casual cut that Alchemist produced on one of his 12"s on teh Stimulated label is slept on
'93 Til Infinity is amazing and the track you're thinking of is "I Gotta Get Down."

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

i gotta get down has a real dope kinda hectic beat

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I prefer 'No Need For Alarm', but this album is indeed very dope.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

As far as Del goes i can live with the few singles of his from the second album i've got
i like(d) the Souls album but i swapped my copy with someone and have never really felt the need to buy another copy.

MistaMicX

Post by MistaMicX »

"get off it" is my favorite joint on that album.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

im one of the people lexus refers to...its a top 10 all-time album for me...and i put casuals performance on this album right up there against anyone

theres nothing even close to a weak cut on the record...it never slips even a little from start to finish...it also has a ton a incredible dope samples...i used to listen to it just to try and identify all of them

favorite cut is 'whos it on'...the best posse cut ever...there isnt a song out there that has three better verses...each mc absolutely murders it

the album also represented the end of an amazing three year run by hiero...it stands as their last great album...

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:The 1999 Casual cut that Alchemist produced on one of his 12"s on teh Stimulated label is slept on
was that "the shakedown?" one of the few passable cuts off of "He Think He Raw."

Fear itself roolz-- I just got a reissued vinyl of it (uh oh---!)

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

like it should be is better

this album is overrated IMO

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

clark bent wrote:im one of the people lexus refers to...its a top 10 all-time album for me...and i put casuals performance on this album right up there against anyone

theres nothing even close to a weak cut on the record...it never slips even a little from start to finish...it also has a ton a incredible dope samples...i used to listen to it just to try and identify all of them

favorite cut is 'whos it on'...the best posse cut ever...there isnt a song out there that has three better verses...each mc absolutely murders it

the album also represented the end of an amazing three year run by hiero...it stands as their last great album...
I agree fully........Cas fucks it up e'rytime and the production was just nasty......i wsh Thoughts Of The Thoughtful was longer and that there was an instrumental for it.......Classic