100 Greatest Tracks You Haven't Heard

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

switchcraft

Post by switchcraft »

mannn
for the third fuckin time
it's not about anyone dissing Sage, i could care less who you rep

"I don't think we should exclude any track automaticaly just on the strength of the artists....unless its that faggot rap....like sage francis or whatever..."

i took issue with the hypocrisy in this quote here^^^that is all.
and if we could ever get over the homophobia, that'd be nice too.
blind hate gets who where? dude's cred on this forum?

that people went off on me is ridiculous. if a couple of my posts hadn't been deleted, this wouldn't have gotten to this point. that's frustrating.

everyone seems so righteous and defensive when someone new steps in, but when there's a slipup from within, no one see's or says a damn thing. yet you talk about real hiphop being rebellious. hi, i'm here challenging the status quo, see that?

though i do see what MGP is sayin about this particular forum being about old school shit, which is word. and i do appreciate the knowledge dropped, for the most part. i was just bitching about the one dumb thing Killer Ben said, and it spiraled away from that real quick.

so step back and reconsider, please.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

shut the fuck up kid...seriously.

you're being way too sensitive about a non-issue and need to just be quiet and move along. and kill your "this coulda been defused if my past posts weren't deleted" ish cause i saw what you posted before they were deleted and you were pulling typical net tough guy shit and further instigating a dead issue.

and it's pretty ironic that you would claim you're "challenging the status quo" yet you fit the cliche loser who only speaks his mind on the net because he's invisible in real life persona to a fuckin tee.

we don't need any self-righteous pseudo-intellects who still resort to internet thug tactics such as yourself ruining this forum, much less the T.R.O.Y board. you would fit in perfectly with the degenerates at ughh so i suggest you get acquainted with them ASAP...

MGP
The Slick Rick of PF

Post by MGP »

switchcraft wrote:mannn
for the third fuckin time
it's not about anyone dissing Sage, i could care less who you rep

"I don't think we should exclude any track automaticaly just on the strength of the artists....unless its that faggot rap....like sage francis or whatever..."

i took issue with the hypocrisy in this quote here^^^that is all.
and if we could ever get over the homophobia, that'd be nice too.
blind hate gets who where? dude's cred on this forum?

that people went off on me is ridiculous. if a couple of my posts hadn't been deleted, this wouldn't have gotten to this point. that's frustrating.

everyone seems so righteous and defensive when someone new steps in, but when there's a slipup from within, no one see's or says a damn thing. yet you talk about real hiphop being rebellious. hi, i'm here challenging the status quo, see that?

though i do see what MGP is sayin about this particular forum being about old school shit, which is word. and i do appreciate the knowledge dropped, for the most part. i was just bitching about the one dumb thing Killer Ben said, and it spiraled away from that real quick.

so step back and reconsider, please.
Hypocrasy or not, don't get mad.

Homophobia is a time-honored tradition in hip hop. Hip Hop is an art that stems from American Black Culture and within that context there are clearly defined, specific, gender roles. Homosexuality does not fit in to that paradigm.

And lingusticly speaking (because we all speak in lingustics, har har har...), "faggot" in street parlarance is not normally a term used to denote a person who can be found at the nearest glory hole huffing down cock; it is an extension the undesirability of feminine charicteristics belonging to a man. Simply put, in the street I might call one a faggot because his raps are centered around his girlfriend dumping him and how it contributes to his depression. He might sound whiney. He might describe certain aspects of the breakup that make him look like the perverbial "batty boy." Now, if someone is really woffing down dicks in back rooms of S&M clubs he also might be called a faggot but most often he just won't be talk about or he'd be refered to as "gay" or "that weirdo motherfucker."

That's not to say that a man can't rap about his girl dumping him. If he tells the story with some tact and maturity instead of assaulting us with whiney hysteronics what might comes of this is high memetic art. For lack of a better example- Tupac did a great job writing songs about women's issues with "Brenda's Got A Baby" and "Keep Ya Head Up." Can you imagine how shit would have sounded if Tupac were never alive (mind you most of us here were fans of his pre-Death Row work- we're not 'Pac fanboys) and someone like Sage or Sole made it their mission to write those songs? It would certianly solidify his their status as "faggots" and that is no bullshit.

I hope you understand where Ben is coming from now.

Feel better soon,

Mustafa Goodprose

Murph

Post by Murph »

I definitely don't have the knowledge to be on this team in full, but can someone please include this song:

Justin Warfield - K Sera Sera (Produced by Prince Paul)
Or something else from his My Field Trip To Planet 9 album. Word up.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Murph wrote:I definitely don't have the knowledge to be on this team in full, but can someone please include this song:

Justin Warfield - K Sera Sera (Produced by Prince Paul)
Or something else from his My Field Trip To Planet 9 album. Word up.
Loved this album.. It waslike the Beastie Boys had a kid with A Tribe Called Quest...

NOHOMO.

Also please add YZ - Dead Love

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

is this coming out?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i'm tweaking the list. we started with 300 titles and now we're around 100.

it's tough cuz everybody is on diff schedules and a few people have fallen off. hopefully we'll have this wrapped up soon.

clark bent

Post by clark bent »

damn i would have loved to be IN on this

Juice

Post by Juice »

whats up with this ish??

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

list complete. waiting on the reviews from the writers now.