Geto Boys vs. Outkast

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Vote

Geto Boys
32%
Outkast
68%

Total votes: 44

admiral

Geto Boys vs. Outkast

Post by admiral »

Which one and why?

MC Eiht

Post by MC Eiht »

geto boys, they never sold out. scarface is as hard as they come. bushwick is straight crack. outkast turned into some fruit loops. ya'll can hate me but their shit got worse as time went on. southernplayalistic.... was their best shit. fuck hey ya

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

outkasts first 3 cds are on a different level of anything i ever heard. Outkast

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kast has a better catalog. But only one of them made "My Minds Playing Tricks On Me."

adverse

Post by adverse »

kast
ImageImage

admiral

Post by admiral »

I think if you take into account all the solos the GB's have (The Diary, The Fix, Little Big Man, Willie D's 1st 2) in addition to We Can't Be Stopped, Resurrection, and Til Death Do Us Part, they win this.

Currently, I will still buy a Geto Boys album in a heartbeat whereas I've pretty much stopped caring about Outkast since the shittiness of Stankonia

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

admiral wrote:I think if you take into account all the solos the GB's have (The Diary, The Fix, Little Big Man, Willie D's 1st 2) in addition to We Can't Be Stopped, Resurrection, and Til Death Do Us Part, they win this.

Currently, I will still buy a Geto Boys album in a heartbeat whereas I've pretty much stopped caring about Outkast since the shittiness of Stankonia
stakonia was not bad at all. It was a big drop off too their 3 previous albums, but not that bad. Also i thought it was just gb's cd's verse outkast cd's, not solos artists from the group

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I love them both, but have to give it to Geto Boys as they have been FAAAAAAAAAAR more consistant.

ric

Post by ric »

how can it be anything but outkast? old new or otherwise?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Geto Boys, easily. If you'd have asked me right after Aquemini I'd have said Outkast, but they've gotten progressively worse and more 'mo with every subsequent release. At this point Scarface by himself is >>> Outkast.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

admiral

Post by admiral »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:
admiral wrote:I think if you take into account all the solos the GB's have (The Diary, The Fix, Little Big Man, Willie D's 1st 2) in addition to We Can't Be Stopped, Resurrection, and Til Death Do Us Part, they win this.

stakonia was not bad at all. It was a big drop off too their 3 previous albums, but not that bad. Also i thought it was just gb's cd's verse outkast cd's, not solos artists from the group
it's however you want to match it up. Phila's right though, Mind's Playin Tricks is better than anything Outkast has ever recorded or will ever record

TalkSick

Post by TalkSick »

Geto Boys by far. I recognize the greatness of Outkast and love the first 3 albums but never really felt them as much as other people. Geto Boys however, is one of my favorite groups.

MC Eiht

Post by MC Eiht »

the voting is turning into when duke beat unlv in 1991. both strong but no way the underdog should win, but they end up winning somehow....

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

MC Eiht wrote:the voting is turning into when duke beat unlv in 1991. both strong but no way the underdog should win, but they end up winning somehow....
how is outkast the underdog?

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:
MC Eiht wrote:the voting is turning into when duke beat unlv in 1991. both strong but no way the underdog should win, but they end up winning somehow....
how is outkast the underdog?
Yeah, Geto Boys are definitely the clear underdogs here.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

jazzmatazz23 wrote:outkasts first 3 cds are on a different level of anything i ever heard. Outkast

switchcraft

Post by switchcraft »

voted Outkast cause, aside from Ghostface's Ironman, I've never studied an album like I did Aquemini

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

switchcraft wrote:voted Outkast cause, aside from Ghostface's Ironman, I've never studied an album like I did Aquemini
Just because you haven't studied a dope album, doesn't mean doesn't exist.

switchcraft

Post by switchcraft »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
switchcraft wrote:voted Outkast cause, aside from Ghostface's Ironman, I've never studied an album like I did Aquemini
Just because you haven't studied a dope album, doesn't mean doesn't exist.
went out to dinner last night and no two people at the table ordered the same. ain't no accounting for taste.

will listen to your recommendations though, if you care enough to make any.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

meh, Outkast.

ilikedirt

Post by ilikedirt »

even kasts wack shit is good so

machine

Post by machine »

geto boys. i've listened to more cast but geto boys was all i listened to in my first year of college. huge influence on hiphop. pretty much the first intelligible gangster rap.

Juice

Post by Juice »

machine wrote:geto boys. i've listened to more cast but geto boys was all i listened to in my first year of college. huge influence on hiphop. pretty much the first intelligible gangster rap.
machine get your faggot ass out of TROY

shazzb0t

Post by shazzb0t »

hands down its outkast.. ghetto boys are dope but.. can't touch the kast.