Brand Nubian-Time's Runnin Out CD

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

oracle21

Brand Nubian-Time's Runnin Out CD

Post by oracle21 »

im looking forward to this . rockin it was a dope ass track. any thoughts my feelow hip hop heads?

**From UGHH**

Brand Nubian formed after Grand Pubaג€™s original group, Masters Of Ceremony, split up. Their first single ג€œBrand Nubianג€ dropped in 1989 and their debut album, ג€œOne For Allג€, was released in 1990. Critically acclaimed, the album drew fire for militant rhetoric on tracks like ג€œDrop the Bombג€ and ג€œWake Upג€. The video for the single ג€œWake Upג€ was also banned from MTV. The singles ג€œSlow Downג€, ג€œAll For Oneג€ and ג€œWake Upג€ all became hits on Billboardג€™s Hot Rap Tracks chart in 1991.
After pursuing individual careers, Grand Puba, Lord Jamar, Sadat X and DJ Alamo reunited in 1997 after contributing a song to the ג€œSoul in the Holeג€ soundtrack, titled ג€œA Child Is Bornג€ as well as releasing the underground single ג€œRockinג€™ Itג€. The success of both songs propelled the group to record their second album with all four original members. Most people believed that the album entitled ג€œThe Foundationג€ from 1998 was their reunion album, but it is in fact the ג€œTimeג€™s Running Outג€ album, unheard and shelved until now that would lead the quartet back into the recording studio to recapture and reclaim the iconic sound of the ג€œOne For Allג€ album.
Featuring production handled by Puba, Jamar, Alamo with help from DITC legend Lord Finesse and Slick Rick producer/DJ Vance Wright, this is must have for Brand Nubian and the vintage Hip Hop collectors in general.

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/ ... =TEG2442CD

admiral

Post by admiral »

eager to hear this

that's one hell of a mixtape they're including with the package as well:
16. Bonus Disc: Traffic Entertainment - 'Classic' -
17. Biz Markie - 'Biz Beat (Original 12' Version)': taken from 'Make The Music With Your Mouth, Biz' (1986) -
18. Just Ice - 'Cold Gettin' Dumb': taken from 'Back To The Old School' (1986) -
19. Mantronix - 'We Control The Dice': taken from 'Music Madness' (1986) -
20. T La Rock - 'Breaking Bells (12' Version)': taken from 'Lyrical King' (1986) -
21. Tuff Crew - 'B-Boy Document': taken from 'Phanjam' (1987) -
22. D-Nice - Scott Made Me Funky': taken from 'Blast Master Tapes: The Best Of The B-Boy Sessions' (1987) -
23. J.V.C. FORCE - 'Strong Island (Blue Mix)': taken from 'Doin' Damage' (1988) -
24. Ultimate Force - 'Supreme Diamond D': taken from 'I'm Not Playin' (1988) -
25. Def Duo - 'You Gotta Believe': taken from 'Cold Chillin' In The Studio Live' (1989) -
26. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - 'Radio Freestyle feat. Craig G.': taken from 'Road To The Riches (Deluxe Edition)' (1989) -
27. Grand Daddy I.U. - 'Something New': taken from 'Smooth Assassin' (1991) -
28. The Genius - 'Pass The Bone feat. Prince Rakeem': taken from 'Words From The Genius' (1991) -
29. Masta Ace Inc. - 'Slaughtahouse (Murder Mix)': taken from 'Grand Masta (The Remix And Rarity Collection)' (1993) -
30. Scientifik - 'Jungles Of Da East': taken from 'Criminal' (1994) -
31. The Pharcyde - 'Soul Flower (2 Tha 3 Mix)': taken from 'Sold My Soul (The Remix & Rarity Collection)' (1994) -
32. MC Shan - 'The Bridge (Bladerunners Dub)': taken from 'Down By Law (Deluxe Edition)' (2007)

Juice

Post by Juice »

admiral wrote:
17. Biz Markie - 'Biz Beat (Original 12' Version)': taken from 'Make The Music With Your Mouth, Biz' (1986) -
18. Just Ice - 'Cold Gettin' Dumb': taken from 'Back To The Old School' (1986) -
20. T La Rock - 'Breaking Bells (12' Version)': taken from 'Lyrical King' (1986) -
22. D-Nice - Scott Made Me Funky': taken from 'Blast Master Tapes: The Best Of The B-Boy Sessions' (1987) -
23. J.V.C. FORCE - 'Strong Island (Blue Mix)': taken from 'Doin' Damage' (1988) -
25. Def Duo - 'You Gotta Believe': taken from 'Cold Chillin' In The Studio Live' (1989) -
26. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - 'Radio Freestyle feat. Craig G.': taken from 'Road To The Riches (Deluxe Edition)' (1989) -
28. The Genius - 'Pass The Bone feat. Prince Rakeem': taken from 'Words From The Genius' (1991) -
29. Masta Ace Inc. - 'Slaughtahouse (Murder Mix)': taken from 'Grand Masta (The Remix And Rarity Collection)' (1993) -
31. The Pharcyde - 'Soul Flower (2 Tha 3 Mix)': taken from 'Sold My Soul (The Remix & Rarity Collection)' (1994) -
32. MC Shan - 'The Bridge (Bladerunners Dub)': taken from 'Down By Law (Deluxe Edition)' (2007)
:ohsh:

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

havent ordered from ughh in a minute but i think ill be coppin this

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

sounds dope...

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

admiral wrote:eager to hear this

Yeah, my only complaint is that they're including it on EVERY reissue, so if I order like 4 different reissues I just get four copies of the same mix.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

Yeah, my only complaint is that they're including it on EVERY reissue, so if I order like 4 different reissues I just get four copies of the same mix.
Yeah, you could probably just sell 'em on ebay for 5 bucks each or whatever. I wonder if they're professionally pressed cds or if they're cd-r's though.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Cleanhobo wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:

Yeah, you could probably just sell 'em on ebay for 5 bucks each or whatever. I wonder if they're professionally pressed cds or if they're cd-r's though.
with ughh it's usually a cd-r put together by foodstamp, semi-professional looking... sleeve, not case... etc
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:ohsh: Never even heard of this.

Gurped Out

Post by Gurped Out »

should be dope. the label is putting out a Grand Puba solo as well

MC Eiht

Post by MC Eiht »

Gurped Out wrote:should be dope. the label is putting out a Grand Puba solo as well
got a link?

Thun

Post by Thun »

Combo7 wrote::ohsh: Never even heard of this.
Seriously. Holy fucking shit.

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

Juice wrote:
admiral wrote:
:ohsh:

good news, thanks.
one of my all time favorite groups!!