Critical Beatdown vs It Takes A Nation of Million To Hold...

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Which is the better album?

Ultramagnetic MC's-Critical Beatdown
29%
Public Enemy-It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
71%

Total votes: 24

Jaz
Ease Up

Critical Beatdown vs It Takes A Nation of Million To Hold...

Post by Jaz »

Everyone knows these two albums are certified, must have rap classics and blueprint albums on how real rap music should be done, but considering the fact that both of these albums will be 20 years old next year.

What is your choice for the better album?

My apologies if this poll has already been done.

or

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

didnt listen to either in a long time. but i listened to PE more often so i think i enjoy it more and went that way. really should listen to them back to back to give an accurate statement though

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Huldrich Bullsh!t wrote:didnt listen to either in a long time. but i listened to PE more often so i think i enjoy it more and went that way. really should listen to them back to back to give an accurate statement though
yeah, that's a good idea H.B. that's what I did and in terms of lyrics, production and being the most consistent album, Critical Beatdown was it for me and it used to be PE since 88, but over the years, Critical Beatdown has been the one I have gone back to more than It Takes...

There is absolutely no doubt that the Bomb Squad are incredible and light years ahead of their time producers but so was Ced Gee and the late, great Paul C and I just think that some tracks haven't aged that well on the PE album, "She Watch Channel Zero" for example.

LONDON

Post by LONDON »

to me its just about even, I feel like yeah, PE pips it just because of the social impact it had, but beat wise, lyric wise, there about the same, both top level all time classics, kool keith definetly dosen't get enough props for his influential rhyme schems he use to buz on that albulm, true stories
________
YAMAHA YZF1000R THUNDERACE
Last edited by LONDON on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I would have thought this would create more discussion, if you haven't contributed to this thread yet then please do when you can.

Peace

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

It Takes A Nation Of Millions because it blew the top of my fuckin head off. My favorite album 'til I die trying to clock what Flav said.

glavet

Post by glavet »

To me, its rather easy, "Takes A Nations..." was a superior album then and it still is. PE for me