Videos & Movies

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

IRISH_CRAIG

Re: Videos and Movies

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Verge wrote:that Ice T joint:

http://vidbull.com/5tpbs00d9h45
cheers V. is there adownloadable link fr this, not just a streamer?

thanks in advance

Verge

Post by Verge »

Peace Craig. Thats all i could find man, haven't seen an actual dl link yet but will post it here if i do.

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

i dl'ed it last night using jdownloader.

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

Thanks Verge, top man.

@atlantiswasreal, ha, I just did an uninstall on jdownloader a little while ago, I was never using it, thanks anyway fella.

atlantiswasreal

IRISH_CRAIG

Post by IRISH_CRAIG »

atlantiswasreal wrote:several links to it here: http://sceper.eu/2012/09/something-from ... layhd.html

TOP FECKIN MAN !!! Cheers ears

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

What do you guys think about ?

atlantiswasreal

lost fu shnick member?

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

atlantiswasreal wrote:lost fu shnick member?
:lol:

Verge

Post by Verge »

French-Posse wrote:
atlantiswasreal wrote:lost fu shnick member?
:lol:
Llol, first thing i thought too. Beats dope tho.

HeRBaN LyRiX
Location: NoRTH CaCKaLaCK by way of tha O~DouBLe T, CaNaDa baby!!!

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Here`s a short lil` documentary on the Brooklyn, New York Hip Hop group the Fat Boys that`s just under 40 minutes in length. I found it pretty interesting, especially since I didn`t know much about `em. They cover the group`s origins & original name the Disco 3. They talk about how Buff`s beatboxin` was what really got them the record deal for winning the Rap contest at Radio City Music Hall. They speak on "Fat Boys" the group`s first single & Kurtis Blow talks about some of the experiences he had working with them. The relationship that the Fat Boys had with Charles Stettler, their manager is also covered. They mention the movies that the Fat Boys were a part of like "Krush Groove" & "Disorderlies"...

They talk about how the Fat Boys rocked the Fresh Fest Tours of 1984 & 1985. Of course the monumental break up of the group in 1989 is a topic that gets dissected. Markie Dee also talks about how he formed a production company with Corey Rooney & together they wrote "Real Love" for Mary J. Blige, which ended up the first single off her album which blew up big time! Then towards the end of the documentary that talk for a bit about Buff passing away at 28 in 1995. Don`t let my quick lil` summary keep you from checkin` this out, it`s mos` definitely worth peepin` `cuz there`s lots of lil` tidbits of info` that I didn`t mention. It`s in mp4 file format, happy watchin`...

Unsung: The Story Of The Fat Boys

http://www.originalfatboys.com/

R.i.P. BiG BuFF LoVe, The HuMaN BeaTBoX...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

HeRBaN LyRiX wrote:Here`s a short lil` documentary on the Brooklyn, New York Hip Hop group the Fat Boys that`s just under 40 minutes in length. I found it pretty interesting, especially since I didn`t know much about `em. They cover the group`s origins & original name the Disco 3. They talk about how Buff`s beatboxin` was what really got them the record deal for winning the Rap contest at Radio City Music Hall. They speak on "Fat Boys" the group`s first single & Kurtis Blow talks about some of the experiences he had working with them. The relationship that the Fat Boys had with Charles Stettler, their manager is also covered. They mention the movies that the Fat Boys were a part of like "Krush Groove" & "Disorderlies"...

They talk about how the Fat Boys rocked the Fresh Fest Tours of 1984 & 1985. Of course the monumental break up of the group in 1989 is a topic that gets dissected. Markie Dee also talks about how he formed a production company with Corey Rooney & together they wrote "Real Love" for Mary J. Blige, which ended up the first single off her album which blew up big time! Then towards the end of the documentary that talk for a bit about Buff passing away at 28 in 1995. Don`t let my quick lil` summary keep you from checkin` this out, it`s mos` definitely worth peepin` `cuz there`s lots of lil` tidbits of info` that I didn`t mention. It`s in mp4 file format, happy watchin`...

Unsung: The Story Of The Fat Boys

http://www.originalfatboys.com/

R.i.P. BiG BuFF LoVe, The HuMaN BeaTBoX...
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stick 'em up haha stick'em

:cheers: HeRBaN LyRiX

WiCkEd22

:: Q-BERT’S CRIB - MONDAY DECEMBER 26th, 1994 (VIDEO) ::

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Q-BERT’S CRIB - DECEMBER 26th, 1994 1/3: BIONIC BOOGERS

DJ Fondouglas (formerly of Sacred Hoop) and good friend Todd Hurvitz (aka Hurb, recently a co-producer for the show Punk’d) shot this footage for a long defunct documentary project that never got off the ground way back in the hoodies and Tims days. Q-bert’s stoner jean jacket with the sheep wool lining means absolute business and nothin’ else. Also peep how DJ Disk has his old real-as-fuck, dirtstyle Gemini-mixer turned sideways so he can bust his line-switch in an up-and-down fashion. Watch the residue from Disk’s white tallcan of contact spray fly (remember that shit !?!?! fully bonk! I love fast as all hell, glitchy overused line-switch scratching, bring it back!!). Watch till the end, ‘cause shit gets faster than bathtub crank!

Q-BERT’S CRIB - DECEMBER 26th, 1994 2/3: BORED STIFF MEETS TMC

A bevy of all kinds of hip-hoppers (not just DJs) came thru to represent in Q-bert’s catacombs of records that day. Here Kwanz (aka Dubstar now known as Rick Flare) an original member of the legendary Bored Stiff rap crew from the Lower Haight fresh off mentioning that he drops tons of acid on the song "Therapy" off the Bomb Hip Hop Compilation came thru to bust a freestyle with MC Chill (I think, please correct me if you know his real codename??) from the equally legendary TMC crew (rulers of Mission District bombing all thru the early-nineties and beyond; peep “Piece-By-Piece” for the full history lesson). The two street rappers had never met before that day, and I don’t know if I’m being a race-obsessed whiteprick for pointing this out, but I think Kwanz’s seemingly unconscious and casual tolerance of the Filipino dude’s liberal use of the N-word let’s you know it’s a ‘Sco thang, SF b-boys of all races (Bored Stiff itself is a good example of the Filipino, Asian, South American, Caribbean, Black, White, etc. melting pot the SF hip-hop scene was and still is) rarely tripped on that shit back in the nine-quad when real recognized real from 50 blocks away (folkers from other parts of the country used to trip hard on that shit when they visited back then, unless of course they were from NY). I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing, I'm just saying that's how it was. But hey now, you Menlo Park breads don’t go gettin’ all loose-lipped with the racial epithets in your freestyle ciphers just ‘cause I said that, ‘cause these days most people assume yer fake from jump and you’d get snuffed on GP, besides drunk ass peninsula whiteboys never really got a pass anyway (firsthand experience speaking, ain’t that right Z-Man?). For writer heads: you might be able to do a “Where’s Waldo?” on other members from TMC [like Spie, who was also a member of TDK and did cover art for Q-bert's Dirtstyle records as well as various Hobo Junction releases along with MikeDreamTDK before he passed R.I.P.-- hint: this is foreshadowing for round 3 y'all!] and DJ MykeOne maybe?) poking into the frame for cameos, but I ain’t saying what’s what, those dudes still got burners running, and I don’t wanna get my ass kicked. That crew had a reputation ya know. Their name: TOO MUCH CRUSHIN’ didn’t just apply to “gettin’ up," you smell me?

Q-BERT’S CRIB - DECEMBER 26th, 1994 3/3: SAAFIR IN THE CHAOS

Outside takin’ a smoke break and… Next thing you know, up walks a West Oakland soldier in a burgundy lumberjack and beanie; it’s fuckin’ Saafir!, just 4 months into the release of his debut, “Boxcar Sessions” and fresh off the battlefield from picking Casual’s pocket at Crash Palace and cutting heads against Hiero with his crew on the radio, like an ancient warrior still bloody and fuming from the carnage. Had ‘Menace’ come out yet? Hell yeah, it had. Hobo Junction was so dangerous back then, cockiness and bravado with all the skill and innovation to back it up, Fondouglas just had to grab him for an impromptu and totally chaotic interview, and he was more than willing to oblige, jumping right into it with all the disrespectful vigor and arrogance required of a hungry MC on the come up in the grimey 90s. He speaks on all sorts of topics, with a ferocity and velocity that has to been seen and heard for itself, from doing time for poisoning his group home leader as an adolescent to explaining that his concept of respect hinges on who will fight next to him. I really like what he says about, “fuck fame; it’s all about skills,” and I think it’s hilarious when he says, “And Domino rolled up under a car,” and Kwanz chimes in “my boy did a rap about that.” Dang, Bay hip-hop was such a small world back then. I had to break it into two parts and sorry for the shitty quality, but the only person I could find to convert it from vhs for me was ThuggyFresh from SF’s booze-cartel Gurp City, and he was black-out drunk from beerandrap.com's Pork In The Park and forcing me to shoot Jameson the whole time and blabbing on and on about how he wanted to go to the Mission Hill Saloon to beat up the bartender chick’s boyfriend. Yeah, right. To make up for that genius, I’m also upping my advance promo copy of “Battle Drill” b/w “Rock The Show (I Wanna Know)”-- the first Hobo Junction posse-cut on wax-- to remind everybody how raw the saucee general stepped on the scene and left everything in his wake demolished. Fuck it, I’m also throwin’ on the “Just Riden’” 12” (with the end-to-end DreamTDK freight on the back cover dedicated to HJ founder Plan B) and the bonus “Pull Ya Card” and album version of “Hype Shit” on the B, because this interview is just that… hype shit. Check it when Saafir explains why his style was too futuristic and over-the-head of the average rap listener back then, because everybody’s so “saturated with dank.” Now ask yourself: as we move full-fledged into the legal dispensary era, can we ever hope to be blessed with an original, and downright mean talent like Saafir again? I suggest you get stoned, listen to Saafir, and contemplate that shit, homey. You gotta love the chaos. BTW- My intention for posting this is NOT to rekindle any bad feelings for Saafir or between him and any of the people he talks about (it can come down just as fast as it went up if that's the case), but rather to document a primary source of Bay Area hip-hop history. Personally, I don't think Saafir should be held accountable, in retrospect, for any of these statements he made almost 15 years ago when he was young and making a name for himself, that's just how it was. I doubt Tyrell Biggs is still mad at Mike Tyson for saying he screamed like a woman, so I think we as well can all be for-the-moment-grown-ups here and take the highground (link will only make sense to FTA heads who were major HJ fans) and just enjoy this for what it is: a cool slice of the chaos that was our past and that hardcore attitude before anybody let themselves get called some lameshit like a 'backpacker' or worse yet a 'fashion-savvy, swag-havin' hipster.' And while we're on the positive tip, here's a bonus in-depth story of Saafir's career and life that was posted in 2006, proving a soldier's been tested in the flame (from jailtime for mobbing a stolen rental to fucking spinal cancer) and stepped from the ashes healthy, relaxed, and enlightened. Well worth the read right down to the part where an older, wiser, self-disciplined Saafir offers the interviewer lady (who naively compares the rapper's look to that of Morpheus in the Matrix and says in her article: "Listen to the first verse of 'Worship the Dick' and you'll feel as if you've choked on young Saafir's favorite appendage.") a Kleenex and says, "You got lipstick on your teeth." You gotta love the chaos.

Source: http://rippedopenbymetalexplosions.blogspot.com

WiCkEd22

Re: :: Q-BERT’S CRIB - MONDAY DECEMBER 26th, 1994 (VIDEO) ::

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Btw, this is one of the illest tapes and I bought my copy new back in '94.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

And speakin of Saafir in late 1994...

You wanna hear a real Emcee battle, which happened to take place live on commercial radio with real emcees? Well ok, here ya go… it’s Casual and the Hieroglyphics crew vs. Saafir and the Hobo Junction crew live on The King Tech Wake Up Show on 106.1 KMEL here in the San Francisco Bay Area on Friday night 11/18/1994. The battle in it’s entirety is close to 1 hour long and if you wanna hear that, I’ll put a link below for you to download it. But here I have edited down the battle to mostly Casual vs. Saafir and it’s 22 minutes long. Enjoy…

www.divshare.com/download/14423744-229

Casual & Hiero vs. Saafir & Hobo 11/18/1994 (edit)

The King Tech Wake Up Show
with Sway, King Tech, Kevvy Kev, Joe Quixx and Prince Ice
106.1 KMEL San Francisco Friday 10pm-1am (November 18, 1994)

-Intro with Sway and Kevvy Kev
The B.U.M.S. - It's A Street Fight
Born Jamericans - Wake Up Show Promo
Souls Of Mischief - '93 Til Infinity
Saafir - Battle Drill
Extra Prolific - Brown Sugar (Domino's Player Remix)
Artifacts feat. Busta Rhymes - C'mon Wit Da Git Down (Remix)
-Talk Break with Sway
Nine - Whatcha Want
-Freestyle Battle: Casual & Hieroglyphics vs. Saafir & Hobo Junction
Souls Of Mischief - '93 Til Infinity (Remix)
-Freestyle Battle continued...
-Talk Break with Sway, King Tech, Kevvy Kev and Evol of The B.U.M.S

Time: 77:46
Size: 142 mb
Quality: 256 kbps
DL: www.mediafire.com/?ue2zu2wm2wn

And peep this ill freestyle session from the Wake Up Show a couple of weeks prior to the battle...

- www.divshare.com/download/19742079-f7d
Freestyle Session with Del, Saafir and Evol of The BUMS on the Wake Up Show (November 1994)

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Dope shit, Wicked. I have a handful of the TTV tapes and they're incredibly dope. These guys could really spin.

On another note: do you have any old DJ Drez tapes?

atlantiswasreal

thanks for posting the wake up show mix, always love adding to the collection.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Echo Leader wrote:Dope shit, Wicked. I have a handful of the TTV tapes and they're incredibly dope. These guys could really spin.

On another note: do you have any old DJ Drez tapes?
Word up. And naw man, unfortunately no DJ Drez tapes.

atlantiswasreal wrote:thanks for posting the wake up show mix, always love adding to the collection.
Word up. But yo, you never got that one from me before??? I've posted it a lot of times over the last couple of years on here, UGHH and the Okayplayer forums.

atlantiswasreal

i actually did have it, i thought the date was listed as 11/04 for some reason. i'm not on OK and i joined ughh pretty recently. i've only been a member on here for about a year and half.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

nojiveturkey

Post by nojiveturkey »

Im a big fan of da shogunz. dope beats dope rhymes. Gotta peep Corown da Sensei.
I dig the flaves

Requests
The Funk Farm - Pataphysical
The Funk Farm - The This Time Tape

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

atlantiswasreal wrote:i actually did have it, i thought the date was listed as 11/04 for some reason. i'm not on OK and i joined ughh pretty recently. i've only been a member on here for about a year and half.
I see. Have you been goin all through that mixtapes, blends, vintage radio, etc. thread here on the TROY forum? I think I even had a Wake Up Show post here, but I can't find it.

atlantiswasreal

i think i went through the thread when i first joined when all the megaupload links were still good and i know there was a wake up show thread that had a few shows that i went through as well.

French-Posse

Post by French-Posse »

HD - Put It On (Prod. Lewis Parker)

This guy is HIP-HOP !!! What do U guys think about !?

Mixtape: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/hd-since-94 ... 62493.html

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

I figured it would be a nice gesture to share with y`all this lil` documentary on the Wu-Tang Clan surprisingly titled "Wu: The Story Of The Wu-Tang Clan". I believe that it was released in 2008, it`s backed by B.E.T. & narrated by director Gerald “Gee Bee” Barclay. Barclay actually directed some of Wu-Tang Clan`s earlier music videos, so he kind of has a bond with them which also allows him to tell a much better story about the group as a whole. He does this using candid interviews with the group`s childhood homies like Popa Wu, Sheldon Lewis & Gano Grills. He also includes concert clips, as well as some original footage of the Wu from the local TV show "New York Party Scene" hosted by Darrell “Lefty” Glover. Barclay also allows some time for a few Industry kats like A&R Bonz Malone & DJ Bobbito (to name a few) to give props to the Wu. There`s also a lil` segment that serves as a tribute to the Wu`s fallen soldier Ol` Dirty Bastard, it`s about 15 minutes or so, but it`s still long enough to celebrate his Life. Overall I would say that this is probably one of the better documentaries that you will see about the Wu-Tang Clan, Barclay does a good job keepin` things entertaining so check it out...

Wu: The Story Of The Wu-Tang Clan
Released: 2008
Run Time: 1 hr. 19 mins

R.i.P. OL` DiRTy BaSTaRD...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

At the Global Spin Awards in New York City, DJ Premier, DJ Scratch and DJ Cash Money pay tribute to Grandmaster Flash with a great DJ set...

bad-cop

Post by bad-cop »

Big Shug - Who's Hard? DVD

Rip of the DVD that came with 2003 release of his Who's Hard? debut album. Nothing groundbreakings, some interviews, live footage, freestyles. It's worth a look just to see a blunted Premier doing his magic in the studio though.

Copy Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/2866304047/ ... _2003).mp4

BC
Bad Cop mixes & music: https://www.mixcloud.com/badcop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://soundcloud.com/bad-cop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

WiCkEd22 wrote:At the Global Spin Awards in New York City, DJ Premier, DJ Scratch and DJ Cash Money pay tribute to Grandmaster Flash with a great DJ set...

DJ Scratch was the illest on this, he is one of the dopest turntbalists in Hip Hop history and it just looks so effortless to him.

HeRBaN LyRiX

Post by HeRBaN LyRiX »

Got a lil` gift for y`all today & it comes courtesy of the homie MiSTa DiLLiGaF, I`m not too sure if he ripped this from the VHS tape or not but either way BiG uPs goes out to him for passing it along to me! This lil` gift that I`m talkin` about is a home video (no not shot by Das EFX, but home video meaning that you watched the video at home in your VCR....c`mon son it was 1992) that Das EFX released as promo back in 1992 for their debut album "Dead Serious", so it shouldn`t be so surprising that this video shared the same title as their album. Although the tape is kind of rare the video itself isn`t really all that mind blowin`, but for nostalgic purposes it`s cool...

The running time is just under 30 minutes, you get to see a few of their music videos, some short lil` interviews & a couple live performances. In total there`s probably about 6 or 7 minutes of Skoob & Krayzy Drayzy talkin` about where they`re from, how they started as a group, describin` their styles, etc. The lil` interview segments take place in between their music videos & live performances, while everything was shot on the set of the music video for "Straight From The Sewer". During the interview segments you can see that they both come across as some regular humble kats that love their craft to the max`. Something to take notice of is when the live performances start, it`s kind of cool to see Redman workin` behind the 1`s & 2`s as Das` DJ. So do ya`self a favor & check it out for ya`self, enjoy...

Das EFX - Dead Serious [VHS Rip]
Released: 1992

1. They Want EFX [Music Video]
2. Jussummen [Live]
3. Mic Checka [Music Video]
4. East Coast [Live]
5. Straight From The Sewer [Music Video]

RaPiDSHaRe BaCK~uP LiNK...

FiLeSWaP BaCK~uP LiNK...

N`JoY...
herban-lyrix.blogspot.ca

ginjaninja