new Real Live album?

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

Lyrical Gymnastics

new Real Live album?

Post by Lyrical Gymnastics »

from http://www.wydublog.com/
W: I read something on your myspace about Real Live possibly coming back?

K-Def: Yeah, we're working on that now. Let me tell you about that, so Real Live, yo man, we like going to bring the roughest of the roughest. Once you hear it, your mouth is going to drop! I still feel comfortable with him, so we are going to make some nice shit. You ain't going to want to hear music after hearing this! (laughs). We are taking are time on that though, I'm trying leak some of it, but I want to save some of it in case a major picks it up, but I figure it's going to be one of those records that can shut New York down! You gonna be drivin' in your car and spill your coffee, especially if your over thirty. I can say to myself, that no one has used the shit I'm using on this. If you think you have it, you don't have it. I know of only two people that got this record and they are older than me. It took me 25 years to find that record. I heard it when I was eight or nine and nooooobody would tell me what that record was. I'm trying to find records like that, stuff that the veterans know and no one else. Cats like Biz, they have crazy records. They just got breaks, but they ain't really producing. I'm producing still. If it cracks in NY then you know it's really crackin'.

Then we are getting old enough, there are breaks that came out in the 80's that people like you and me were around when the records came out. That kind of thing people haven't utilized yet. I ain't talking the pop shit or nothing, but stuff that came out under the radar that people may or may not have remembered. And cats in our age brackets are definitely going to appreciate that type of thing. I have one of those beats that I gave to Larry-O. The album is going to be something big, that's all I can say about that one! This is what I do, I'm nasty as hell. This is what I live for, so you know my beats are going to bang! (laughs)

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

anything he does would be welcome
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Thun

Post by Thun »

There is zero % chance that this won't be complete and utter trash, but whatever. That first album is possibly in my personal top 10, they can rest on their laurels for that as far as I'm concerned.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Thun wrote:There is zero % chance that this won't be complete and utter trash, but whatever.
i'm assuming you're skeptical of larry o here, kdef's recent stuff has been solid

a. there's always the insturmental version
b. as is inevitably pointed out every time this is brought up, the first one isn't exactly a shining example of lyricism either

admiral

Post by admiral »

K-Def seems to be one of the few producers who can back up his words with great beats

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:
Thun wrote:There is zero % chance that this won't be complete and utter trash, but whatever.
i'm assuming you're skeptical of larry o here, kdef's recent stuff has been solid

b. as is inevitably pointed out every time this is brought up, the first one isn't exactly a shining example of lyricism either
That's extremely cogent analysis there, but I think you're relying way too heavily on the Seagravesian BRL method to make your assessment here.

Even if the beats AND rhymes are passable, a crew has to refine, package, and execute their music in a way that doesn't make them look like fortysomething douchebags out to capitalize on Belgian trust fund money. If recent efforts by former luminaries such as Large Pro and RZA are any indication, the Golden Age rappers are having an extremely difficult time bringing it all in together in a convincingly appealing way.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm gonna move this to TROY where people who actually heard of K-Def can read this.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Thun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

That's extremely cogent analysis there, but I think you're relying way too heavily on the Seagravesian BRL method to make your assessment here.

Even if the beats AND rhymes are passable, a crew has to refine, package, and execute their music in a way that doesn't make them look like fortysomething douchebags out to capitalize on Belgian trust fund money. If recent efforts by former luminaries such as Large Pro and RZA are any indication, the Golden Age rappers are having an extremely difficult time bringing it all in together in a convincingly appealing way.

I don't even know what the BRL method is, i wasn't around in the HHI days

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Beats
Rhymes
Life

Thun

Post by Thun »

Sorry I meant BRC.

It stood for "beats, Rhymes, and creativity."

That fat faggot cracker used to rate albums based on these poorly defined and arbitrary cracker criteria.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

none of this hhi shit sounds baller to me

back to the topic at hand, whoever made those blends with the beats from the 90's instrumentals should make some more

siderealist

Post by siderealist »

Anybody know about 7Shawn "Talking Crazy!" album?
It was supposed to drop January 15th- produced by K-Def. See Below.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=35788386

No info... got no emails either.

dirty-waters

Post by dirty-waters »

I had a temp job where I worked with Larry O, he was a cool guy. He sounded like a new K Def Larry O project was far from his mind when i asked him about it, that was like 4 years ago though. hope it goes well for them.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Thun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

Yeah, also see everything Boot Camp Click has put out over the past 4 years or so.

Still I'd be interested to hear this.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Thun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

Yeah, also see everything Boot Camp Click has put out over the past 4 years or so.

can you salty homos just agree that if it happens it will probably have some good production and most likely at least 2 or 3 vocal tracks with replay value?

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

drizzle wrote:
B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:
Thun wrote:
drizzle wrote:

can you salty homos just agree that if it happens it will probably have some good production and most likely at least 2 or 3 vocal tracks with replay value?
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PopsUK

Post by PopsUK »

dirty-waters wrote:I had a temp job where I worked with Larry O, he was a cool guy. He sounded like a new K Def Larry O project was far from his mind when i asked him about it, that was like 4 years ago though. hope it goes well for them.
Yo what was the temp job? Was he doing something related to music or totally different?

dirty-waters

Post by dirty-waters »

the temp job was for a finance company, totally unrelated to music. this was maybe 2004 or 2005, I know he was working there for awhile after I left and may still be there who knows.

frank b

Post by frank b »

Thun wrote:poorly defined and arbitrary cracker criteria.
:lol:
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

i know that Real Live album has been uploaded countless times before, but does anyone care to do it one more time?
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:i know that Real Live album has been uploaded countless times before, but does anyone care to do it one more time?

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U36F74PL
1. Intro
2. Pop The Trunk
3. The Gimmicks
4. They Got Me
5. Ain't No Love
6. Iceberg Slick
7. Larry-O-Meets Iceberg Slick
8. All I Ask Of You (Commin' Thru)
9. The Turnaround
10. Trilogy Of Error
11. Real Live Sh*t
12. Day You Die
13. Crime Is Money
14. Money & Shows
15. Real Live Sh*t Remix (Special Bonus Track 1)

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

thanks much jaz
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

gobbo de roma

Post by gobbo de roma »

1st time i've heard about the 2nd REAL LIVE Lp was in february 2005 inna k-def interview from the german hip-hop mag 'backspin'.k-def said he a new lp with larry in 2004 but can't find a label because larry-o did some major trouble with the old label atlantic.

i know there's larry-o rhyming on the first 'willie bobo' track and one very dope 1996 unreleased REAL LIVE tune.

k-def played these tunes 2 years ago on future flavas radio.i've recorded it and i think i will post an mp3 link very soon.

Lyrical Gymnastics

gobbo de roma wrote:1st time i've heard about the 2nd REAL LIVE Lp was in february 2005 inna k-def interview from the german hip-hop mag 'backspin'.k-def said he a new lp with larry in 2004 but can't find a label because larry-o did some major trouble with the old label atlantic.

i know there's larry-o rhyming on the first 'willie bobo' track and one very dope 1996 unreleased REAL LIVE tune.

k-def played these tunes 2 years ago on future flavas radio.i've recorded it and i think i will post an mp3 link very soon.

are you talking about Get Down For Mine?

vaporized

Post by vaporized »

drizzle wrote:
back to the topic at hand, whoever made those blends with the beats from the 90's instrumentals should make some more
I did actually manage to use every beat on there for a blend...they're in the Beats From The 90s thread. (unless you meant just do more blends in general)...

gobbo de roma

Post by gobbo de roma »

Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:
gobbo de roma wrote:1st time i've heard about the 2nd REAL LIVE Lp was in february 2005 inna k-def interview from the german hip-hop mag 'backspin'.k-def said he a new lp with larry in 2004 but can't find a label because larry-o did some major trouble with the old label atlantic.

nah,not 'get down for mine' from the high school high ost and wu-wear 12"-single,i'm talking about one unreleased 1996 REAL LIVE tune.

HERE'S THE LINK!!!(Not good audio,but enuff 4 giving the idea)

http://rapidshare.com/files/139543360/0 ... 3.wma.html

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

would def give this a listen. i didnt think larry-o was wack on the first one, its been over 10 years now tho, im sure at least the beats will be great

how about another world renown album...

Lyrical Gymnastics

gobbo de roma wrote:
Lyrical Gymnastics wrote:

nah,not 'get down for mine' from the high school high ost and wu-wear 12"-single,i'm talking about one unreleased 1996 REAL LIVE tune.

HERE'S THE LINK!!!(Not good audio,but enuff 4 giving the idea)

http://rapidshare.com/files/139543360/0 ... 3.wma.html
can't wait to hear this...PROPS!