street fighet iv cabinets in the us

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Faceless

street fighet iv cabinets in the us

Post by Faceless »

just got home from playing street fighter iv.

$13 for about 4 hrs worth of play. 1 credit = $1

keep in mind there was an average rotation of about 6 people the entire night. pricy, yes, but goddamn the game is pretty in motion. each player had their own 32in lcd to soak it in. blanka's player animation is pretty impressive in hd.

its the only cabinet in the state and it was just set up on thur night. apparently on that first night there were like 40 tournament players on site.

the game is deeper than it appears, with the focus/saving system taking the place of sf3's parry system. game seems a bit slow and it took some time to get used to, but anyone who has played capcom's fighters should be able to jump in and hold their own w/o any problems.

really felt like the good old days of arcade slumming w/ ppl crowding around to check out the action and dudes arguing over who put their quarter down first.

a couple things i noticed - zangief is a beast with much improved range and the reach on guile's kicks have been nerfed. ken seems a bit more powerful than ryu this time around, but that may just be due to the skill level of those that were playing. also, i don't know if it was the joysticks or what, but you had to be pretty spot on if you wanted your special moves to register.

overall, the game is balanced pretty well. ultra combos or revenge combos, whatever they're called, can even up the match pretty quickly. if the meter is maxed out, you can dead like 3/4 of someone's life. my only complaint is the small 12 character roster.

anyway, here is a link collecting the locations of all the known cabinets in north america http://www.eventhubs.com/articles/2008/ ... e-tracker/

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

i'm envious, there aren't any cabinets near me :owens:

Tired & Broke

Re: street fighet iv cabinets in the us

Post by Tired & Broke »

Faceless wrote: $13 for about 4 hrs worth of play. 1 credit = $1
:naswtf: Good Lord thats an ugly price, Ill wait till that shit drops on the 360

manwhore

Re: street fighet iv cabinets in the us

Post by manwhore »

Faceless wrote:really felt like the good old days of arcade slumming w/ ppl crowding around to check out the action and dudes arguing over who put their quarter down first.ne's life.

i miss this.

street fighter 2 was a big part of my middle teens.

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

I need to find this, I miss arcades

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

whens this game coming out?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

ThaMexakin wrote:I miss arcades

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

naturalborn103 wrote:whens this game coming out?
Early 09

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

oh shit. there's a machine at my school (SF State). All the damn foreign kids are gonna take over that shit...

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

Galvatron78 wrote:
ThaMexakin wrote:I miss arcades
co-signed. A real thing of the past in the UK :cry:

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Goddamn lucky bastard. No arcades here. I still play SF 3rd strike daily and go to tourneys.

Oh btw they found an infinite with El Fuerte:)

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

13.00 FOR 4 HOURS OF ENTERTAINMENT? Is that considered pricey? I go to the movies and the bar and spend that before I walk in the door???

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Trademark he was saying 1$ for 1 play is too much. Not the total he spent.

drug

Post by drug »

Wasn't $1/credit standard like 10 years ago? I dunno I don't go to arcades because they don't exist. A buck a push seems pretty fair, really.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

When I was at the Chinatown fair arcade in december it was 25 cents a pop for third strike, or 50 cents for the newer games like arcana heart.
1 buck for like minute and a half is a lot. <- That's in case you get beasted.

I know some arcades like Sega arcade in Japan have all nighters for like 300 Yen. I think that's about 2,5 or 3 bucks. That's sweet.