WinRar Extraction Help

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Jizzy
O.G. Status

WinRar Extraction Help

Post by Jizzy »

Ay Yo

Just downloaded a movie and need to extract it. Normally not a problem but this had 47 mini files in it and when I try to extract it using the first one it says it cant extract beacause it needs the next volume but it cant find it?

Anybody know what I'm talking about and could maybe give me a hand?

Cheers

Jizzy

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Those files have been double-zipped. You should have started with 8 files with names like this: -

cass.dvdrip-roar.part1.rar
cass.dvdrip-roar.part2.rar
cass.dvdrip-roar.part3.rar

etc.

Right click on the first of those files and choose "Extract Here". That will leave you with two sets of RAR files, one for each CD of the movie, and you can unzip those in the same way.

It's not working because you're trying to unzip the second set of RAR files (the files called .r00, .r01, .r02 etc.) without first extracting them in full from the first set.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Sigma wrote:Those files have been double-zipped. You should have started with 8 files with names like this: -

cass.dvdrip-roar.part1.rar
cass.dvdrip-roar.part2.rar
cass.dvdrip-roar.part3.rar

etc.

Right click on the first of those files and choose "Extract Here". That will leave you with two sets of RAR files, one for each CD of the movie, and you can unzip those in the same way.

It's not working because you're trying to unzip the second set of RAR files (the files called .r00, .r01, .r02 etc.) without first extracting them in full from the first set.
Ace! That worked perfectly.

Thanks dude

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

No worries man.

If you want to join the two halves of that film together, you can do it in about 2 minutes with Nandub, which is free: -

http://ndub.sourceforge.net/

1. File - Open video file (select first half of movie)
2. File - Append AVI segment (select second half of movie)
3. Video - Direct stream copy (you must select this)
4. File - Save as AVI

If your PC is fairly new, it should take about 90 seconds or so and the join will be seamless.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Sigma wrote:No worries man.

If you want to join the two halves of that film together, you can do it in about 2 minutes with Nandub, which is free: -

http://ndub.sourceforge.net/

1. File - Open video file (select first half of movie)
2. File - Append AVI segment (select second half of movie)
3. Video - Direct stream copy (you must select this)
4. File - Save as AVI

If your PC is fairly new, it should take about 90 seconds or so and the join will be seamless.
Thanks mate I'll defo check this out. Cheers