Official Resident Evil 5 Discussion Thread

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

image_35

Post by image_35 »

you say its too easy?

maybe it was because i'm not used to the xbox controls but the demo wasnt easy at all... well the 2nd part wasnt

co-op is fun as shit

15 hours seems a bit too short.. but in my mind re4 wasnt all that long either...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

sounds like this game is underwhelming

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

guess I'll be setting this to veteran from the get go

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Only got a 9.5 in Game Informer, damn. I definitely will not be playing this now.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Changed the thread title.

Am ducking work in like 15 minutes to go play this shit all afternoon.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

is the full game out yet? i cant wait to go do some genocide
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:is the full game out yet? i cant wait to go do some genocide
Yes. I just fried the fuck outta the first mini-boss.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Got a few hours into it today. Pretty good, but honestly i got a little bit tired of the repetitiveness of the game. Its pretty much a shootout everywhere you go.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Its decent but I miss the old school Resi. Go to Game Trailers and watch the retrospective plus the major thing that annoys me is that you cant run and shoot at the same time.

Resi 4 was a masterpiece...this just feels a tad underwhelming. Only just on Chapter 3-1 but so far its a 7/10

kato

Post by kato »

Jizzy wrote:Its decent but I miss the old school Resi. Go to Game Trailers and watch the retrospective plus the major thing that annoys me is that you cant run and shoot at the same time.

Resi 4 was a masterpiece...this just feels a tad underwhelming. Only just on Chapter 3-1 but so far its a 7/10
Res 4 isn't a run and shoot either...

an-also

Post by an-also »

kato wrote:
Jizzy wrote:Its decent but I miss the old school Resi. Go to Game Trailers and watch the retrospective plus the major thing that annoys me is that you cant run and shoot at the same time.

It had more moments that spooked me though. RE5 so far is pure action. I cant say i'v been spooked yet. It probably has to do with having a partner with you at all times.

image_35

Post by image_35 »

the game is very good overall

about an 8.25 or 9

its basically the same as 4 but co-op so it takes some cooperation. and its really fucking fun with a friend

but, it really is the same as 4. i think thats where the disappointment comes from. we were all expecting some huge new surprise or change in gameplay, but it still follows the resident evil formula so you can expect all the same shit. on some assignment, zombies, something not right, evidence of corporate involvement (tricell/umbrella), some underground crap, wesker

if you played 4 it wont wow you but its fun as shit.

yay

Seiko Flossberg

^ It's way more action oriented than RE4.

image_35

Post by image_35 »

Seiko Flossberg wrote:^ It's way more action oriented than RE4.
yeah... i guess but when looking back on resident evil 4 what really stands out to me is the combat

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah this isn't really a survival horror game so much as it is a straight up action game. The partner dynamic really changes the feel of the game as well and takes away the sense of isolation that the series is known for.

I'm also in the 3rd chapter. This game is fucking GORGEOUS. At first i wasn't impressed, the first level is definitely underwhelming and then I got to the mines and the canyon levels. :ohsh: definitely some phenomenal stuff here, especially the lighting/shadowing and the level of detail.

The boss fights so far are living up the reputation of the series.

Agree that not being able to run and gun is fucking gay. It doesn't really matter that the previous games were like this, there is no excuse for it now, especially for a game as action oriented as this. Metal Gear 4 stole the camera from this game and implemented it with no problems whatsoever. Also i kind of feel like the camera should've been pulled back a little from the character so you can see more of your surroundings.

This game is dope as hell so far though.

Seiko Flossberg

People who miss the isolation in RE4, need to check the criminally underrated Dead Space. Shit is fantastic, IMO.

kato

Post by kato »

Seiko Flossberg wrote:People who miss the isolation in RE4, need to check the criminally underrated Dead Space. Shit is fantastic, IMO.
Will pick this up once I'm done with Res 5 and Killzone 2

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

kato wrote:

True but you think they could have addressed that though dude?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Seiko Flossberg wrote:People who miss the isolation in RE4, need to check the criminally underrated Dead Space. Shit is fantastic, IMO.
top 5 game from last year imo

young nova

Post by young nova »

might have missed it from a previous game but why is wesker just there and no one seems surprised considering he got owned in 1 and i dont remember seeing or hearing about him in any future RE's

image_35

Post by image_35 »

^he was in 4

do you mean people or characters not being surprised?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
top 5 game from last year imo
Got Dead Space in a sale earlier this week. It's really dope and the whole zero g is :ohsh:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Finally got some time to play it again. Me and my buddy been doing coop. Just finished chapter 6-1. Game is pretty easy i have to say on normal mode. Pretty good game nevertheless. Graphics in the mine area and the underground ruins was amazing. As usual, a upgraded shotgun is the way to go for close combat. Do you get infinite ammo if you upgrade a weapon to the max?
Last edited by an-also on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Last edited by an-also on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

^^^ after you beat the game you do.

an-also

Post by an-also »

manwhore wrote:^^^ after you beat the game you do.
cool. So you start the new campaign with the weapons from the start ?

alpha

Post by alpha »

this is way more action oriented than any of the previous games. but I still heart this game. just fnisihed the 2nd chapter and that 30 foot monster looked ill

an-also

Post by an-also »

Finally got time to finish it the other day. Pretty good. I'll give it another go around with some upgraded weapons.