New Super Mario Bros. Wii

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

Sweet, people alot smarter than me have already made a level editor for this game which will hopefully= many awesome variants of what for me is the game of the year.

Hey guys! I'm going to announce the development of my editor for New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Remember Tanks's video of SMB 1-1 in NSMBWii? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=190428 - Well, that was done with a prerelease version of Reggie.

I was keeping it under wraps for now, but seeing as I've been beaten to the punch, I may as well announce it - Reggie! is a fully featured level editor for NSMBWii which allows editing of most level features, with support for more being added.

- Object Editing: Reggie fully renders levels just like they look in the real game. All tilesets are supported. You can show/hide layers and completely edit the layout of a level. Screenshot: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/screenshots/r ... bjects.png

- Sprite Editing: Reggie shows all sprites in a level along with their numbers. While they haven't all been identified yet, there's a handy "Known Sprites" list which keeps track of the ones you know about. Screenshot: http://treeki.shacknet.nu/screenshots/r ... prites.png

- Block Editor: Analyse and edit unknown parts of the level format in a handy hex editor interface which just shows you the data for one particular section. (No screenshot right now)

- Coming Soon: I'm working on figuring out the data for entrances and views (which should allow us to fully customise levels and create anything which we want) and other things.

No release yet, but it's coming! There's also more I haven't shown yet.. tongue.gif

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

that's a feature they should have supported in the first place. i'm actually planning on buying it but i will hack in order to get new levels. it's necessary to do that in order to get them i assume?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

exactly...nintendo has been so far behind..Little Big Planet came along and basically jacked any thunder a new mario bros should have gotten with new innovations, multiplayer 2d levels, level editor etc... ...They are getting hype because they are, "mario bros"... But seriously the Wii has sold so big they decided innovation, which has made them successful in the past, is futile if you are the # 1 console. It really is laughable considering with the Super Nin they were # 1 and continued to innovate and grow, the N64 covered so much new ground our recent 64 bit tourney featured 85% N64 games... They found a marketing/money niche...older less sophisticated gamers, and extremely younger less sophisticated gamers... Their demise (quality) has been sad to watch when they used to be at the forefront. I'm glad they are cashing in but it's sad to seem them go creatively.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

so this is worth $50?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i'm not saying demise
game will be dope
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i'm not saying demise
game will be dope

one good game every 5 year average? negro please.!.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

got this game last night...very dope.....

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

most fun i've ever had on my wii. really really good game.

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

Most fun Ive had since mario kart as far as wii is concerned

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Here's a PPF patch for this game so it'll work properly if you're using a mod chip: -

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/324149177/ppfpatchnsmbw.rar
NTSC and PAL versions are included. Download PPF-O-Matic and patch the ISO before burning and you're good to go.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

got this for christmas and this game is some serious fun!

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Brother got a Wii for Christmas, I bought this today. Ridiculous. Spent about half an hour trying to figure out why my remote kept re-syncing (it was the rechargeable batteries in combination with the remote being held sideways), then spent the next half hour having insane amounts of fun.

Haven't touched multiplayer yet, but I'm lookin' forward to it.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Been playing this for a couple of weeks, multiplayer, and are on the huge castle after world 8. Plan on clocking it proper in the next few weeks. Great game.

spidah

Post by spidah »

this game is awesome. best reason to own a Wii, in my opinion. i put down modern warfare 2 to play this until i beat it.