Forum/Tournament Ideas

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tommy Bunz

Forum/Tournament Ideas

Post by Tommy Bunz »

ER has been a little slow lately. I'm partly to blame as my Ps3 shit the bed recently and I have barely played any new games this year.
Anyways, just looking for ideas on what we can do to liven this place up.

I thought the best game tourney went pretty well and am willing to set up another tournament if need there's interest and good ideas for what we could base it on. Thoughts?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Most overrated game? (I just finished MGS4 and am looking for a good excuse to bash it ceaselessly on a message board).

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

^ could be the one

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Combo7 wrote:Most overrated game? (I just finished MGS4 and am looking for a good excuse to bash it ceaselessly on a message board).
I will fight you. (even though looking back at it, it wasn't the monumental moment of gaming I hoped it would be).

I like the overrated game idea though.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Best & worst video-game characters of all time.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

most unreasonably difficult part of a game

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

the most useless power-up/weapon

the best power-up/weapon

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

"biggest bitch-move/cheap move in video games"

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Galvatron78 wrote:"biggest bitch-move/cheap move in video games"
I can settle this one right now, when I was nine years old this kid and I were playing Super Street Fighter II in a 7-Eleven. I was kicking his ass with Chun-Li (he was Fei Long), and he eventually got so pissed off that he screamed at me and switched off the cabinet (he had to stand on a stool to accomplish this). Then the manager came over because we were making a scene and banned us from playing SFII (at the time, 7-Eleven was the only spot to play without going to the mall). I was pissed off for days.

This same kid used to compulsively lie about everything, I remember him trying to convince me that Chun-Li was his aunt and Blanka was his housekeeper.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

best video game hero / best video game villain

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

Combo7 wrote: This same kid used to compulsively lie about everything, I remember him trying to convince me that Chun-Li was his aunt and Blanka was his housekeeper.
I used to lie and tell people that I drew T.Hawk and Sf made him a character, but this is a next level lie.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Cheapest fighting game character.
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

A lot of these ideas in here would be great as one-time polls and/or threads.

ric

Post by ric »

i like overrated but it just seems like A) so many games are and B) most recent games will get it the worst by default due to their disappointment being freshest and C) not knowing how overrated a game really was because you knew enough to not to buy it or heard it was overrated before purchasing

but i like the idea of a new tourny

tossing a few ideas out:
most addicting game per console
game with best cast of characters or story
game most oft finished and then replayed - a couple different categories; fighting games, rpgs, ....other? (trying to stay away from survival horror as there are 2 or 3 games that run away with this too easily)
games that lend themselves to crazy competition or utter domination - fighting games (smash, SF, MK, etc), shooting games (halo, quake, DoD, call of duty, etc), strategy games (AoE, C&C, SC etc) sports games (madden, nba live, racing games, nfl blitz, etc)
console wars
character wars
best soundtrack/score
best phone
best (most addicting) game app for phone
most useful app