NBA 2k11

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I can't wait till the NFL starts and you come back to the sports bar.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:I can't wait till the NFL starts and you come back to the sports bar.

cant wait to watch dallas win it all this year huh?

Gregg Popabitch

no, nigga. you'll see.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:I can't wait till the NFL starts and you come back to the sports bar.

LOL x100000

Gregg Popabitch

Sir Loin wrote:

LOL x100000
I'm LOLing because Dallas hasn't gotten to the conference championship to play for the super bowl in almost a decade and a half let alone win it all.

so yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: X 1000000

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Sir Loin wrote:

LOL x100000
I'm LOLing because Dallas hasn't gotten to the conference championship to play for the super bowl in almost a decade and a half let alone win it all.

watch man watch

2 words...

dez

bryant

Gregg Popabitch

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Sir Loin wrote:

LOL x100000

watch man watch

2 words...

dez

bryant
the guy who refuses to get hazed? What am i going to watch? him being put in a veteran's trunk for two weeks?

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Sir Loin wrote:

LOL x100000

Not that this has anything to do with NBA2K11 at all but I agree 100 percent
I dont understand how Dallas with essentially the same team as last year is getting all this Super Bowl talk the only reason I can think of is because thats where the game is this year

Also NBA Elites new control scheme makes me think im gonna skip 2k this year and reward EA for trying to innovate

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvrBNa5BLvU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvrBNa5BLvU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And according to Boenisch, gamers will be able to play as Jordan from his rookie year all the way up to about age 40 as the rest of the NBA changes around you, complete with player trades and signings. Only thing missing is giving virtual MJ the ability to take time off for baseball. "You cannot play for the Birmingham Barons, sorry," Boenisch says with a laugh. "But it's a lot of fun, and it gives people something to look forward to as they play through the Jordan Challenge. We have achievements tied to this mode as well to give people more incentive to play, but this mode is all about kicking back on the couch, grabbing a controller, and having a lot of fun. It's a great mode to just pickup and play.

The Arrival

When: April 20, 1986. Game 2, 1st round playoffs vs. Celtics

Goal 1: Score 63+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

One-liner: Jordan made his mark with this 63 point playoff game against a heavily favored Celtics team.

69 Points

When: March 28, 1990. Regular season game vs. Cavs

Goal 1: Score 69+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 6+ assists

Goal 4: Win the game

One-liner: This time Jordan gets the win by dropping 69 points and putting a dent in the Cavaliersג€™ playoff plans.

Shootout

When: Any date in 1990. Regular season game vs. Hawks

Goal 1: Outscore Dominique

Goal 2: Hold Dominique under 25 Points

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: Jordan and Dominique Wilkins face off in some of the all-time greatest scoring performances of the era.

Bad Boys

When: May 26, 1990. Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals vs. Pistons

Goal 1: Score 47+ points

Goal 2: Dish out 4+ assists

Goal 3: Win the game

One-liner: Jordan showed the Pistons and the world that no defensive strategy could stop him for long.

1991 NBA Finals

When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers

Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

Goal 3: Average 11+ assists

Goal 4: Win the series

One-liner: Jordan silenced the doubters by coming back from a game one embarrassment to thrash the Lakers in these Finals.

The Shrug

When: June 3, 1992. Game 1, NBA Finals vs. Blazers

Goal 1: Score 35+ points in the first half

Goal 2: Make 6+ threes in the first half

Goal 3: Hold Drexler to under 20 points

Goal 4: Win the Game

One-liner: Just to prove a point, Jordan sets the tone for the series by dominating the first half of this first Finals game.

Double Nickel

When: March 18, 1995. Regular season game vs. Knicks

Goal 1: Score 55+ points

Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

Goal 3: Dish out 2+ assists

One-liner: After a stint with the bat, Jordan returns to New York to tear up the Knicks for 55 points and an unforgettable pass.

Fatherג€™s Day Victory

When: June 16, 1996. Game 6, 1996 Finals (last game of series as Bulls won 4-2) vs. Sonics

Goal 1: Score 22+ points

Goal 2: Grab 9+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 7+ assists

One-liner: Michael ran the table over the entire league but this fourth title would prove to be just as special as his first.

The Flu Game

When: June 11, 1997. Game 5, 1997 Finals (not the last game of the series as it went to 6) vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 38+ points

Goal 2: Grab 7+ rebounds

Goal 3: Dish out 5+ assists

One-liner: A very ill Jordan still manages to both dominate the game and hit the winning shot in the last seconds of the game.

Michaelג€™s Last Dance

When: June 14, 1998. Game 6, 1998 Finals vs. Jazz

Goal 1: Score 45+ points

Goal 2: Get 4+ steals

Goal 3: Dish out 1+ assists

One-liner: With one final resounding shot, Jordan seals both his legacy and the fate of the Jazzג€™s championship hopes.

List of classic teams confirmed so far:
1985-86 Chicago Bulls
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1989-90 Chicago Bulls
1989-90 Atlanta Hawks
1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
1989-90 Detroit Pistons
1990-91 Chicago Bulls
1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
1991-92 Chicago Bulls
1991-92 Portland Trailblazers
1994-95 Chicago Bulls
1994-95 New York Knicks
1995-96 Chicago Bulls
1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
1996-97 Chicago Bulls
1996-97 Utah Jazz
1997-98 Chicago Bulls
1997-98 Utah Jazz

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Trailer is nice.
Classic team additions are sweet, but would love 76/77 Blazers & 78/79 Sonics.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

thee interwebz wrote:MJ: Creating a Legend

By: 2K Admin Ron | Tuesday August 17 2010

Hello NBA 2K Fans!
Erick Boenisch here, Producer for NBA 2K11. Many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. Today Iג€™ve got something very exciting to tell you about. In the Developer Insight for The Jordan Challenge, we teased that something cool happens when you complete all 10 Jordan Challenges. Iג€™m here today to tell you what that ג€˜something coolג€™ actually is. Iג€™m very pleased to announce that itג€™s actually an entire new mode entitled ג€œMJ: Creating A Legendג€, featuring none other than Michael Jordan.

The concept for this mode is simple, you take rookie Michael Jordan into todayג€™s NBA and place him on any team of your choosing. From that point on, you will be controlling Michael exclusively as you guide him through his career and define his legacy against the greatest stars the current generation of NBA players has to offer.

Imagine putting Jordan on the Heat. Your starting lineup would be Wade, Jordan, LeBron, Haslem(?), and Bosh. Maybe youג€™ll want to pair him up with Kobe to see how two of the greatest players of all-time play together. Or maybe youג€™ll want to put him on the Clippers to battle Kobe and the Lakers head-to-head for the true bragging rights in the City of Angels. The number of scenarios you can create in this mode are endless. What do you think would make for a great story?

One thing to keep in mind here with this mode is that you will be with rookie Michael, who will only be rated a 79 to start out with. This leaves you with plenty of room to improve his overall rating as you guide him towards super-stardom. I can tell you that his physical skills and general athletic ability are through the roof, but youג€™re going to need to build his outside shot, his defensive prowess, and his unmatchable killer instinct in the clutch before you can take him to ג€˜best everג€™ status. You can build up Michaelג€™s rating by earning Skill Points and spending them on the attributes of your choice. These Skill Points are earned by in-game stats and accomplishing in-game goals set forth by the game.

The presentation for the mode is centered entirely around Michael. The entire menu system has been branded to feel Jordan-centric. The in-game presentation will speak a lot about Jordanג€™s rise to the NBA early and how he will fit into the team you have chosen for him. From there, they will call out important milestones for Michael and discuss how his season/career is progressing moving forward. I have seen some discussion about whether this replaces the popular My Player mode from 2K10. It absolutely does not, I will be speaking about My Player in the coming weeks in a Developer Insight.

Ultimately, Michael Jordanג€™s legacy lies in your hands. Every move, every decision, is up to you. Our only question to you is, where will YOU take him? Answer our call on October 5th, when NBA 2K11 is released.

- Erick Boenisch, Producer
aka SimBalle

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Truth. wrote:<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvrBNa5BLvU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvrBNa5BLvU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
:ohsh:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

classic teams aint worth a damn without complete rosters...trailer is nice, but give me gameplay footage...

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:trailer is nice, but give me gameplay footage...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKgOmN-kxG8&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKgOmN-kxG8&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The game looks amazing. This looks like it's going to be a day one purchase for me.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Escobar305 wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:trailer is nice, but give me gameplay footage...
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKgOmN-kxG8&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKgOmN-kxG8&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The game looks amazing. This looks like it's going to be a day one purchase for me.

wow, shit looks flawless, dont have a bad thing to say about it...

best video game sports commentating ever?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Looks awesome but apparently Mike Miller is the best player in the game?

PEACE

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

demo is out now.

1 4 min. qtr as lakers (v celtics)
no play by play.

it looks and feels really, really good after a few minutes playing it.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The players in the demo don't look anything like they do, face's are completely off, or too narrow, everyone is ripped, and it's hard to tell a different bulk wise between Perkins, KG, and Jermaine O'Neal :naswtf:.

eehhh seems like last year's game, with some Jordan add ons to me.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

The graphics are fucking incredible, holy shit
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

The game is gonna be amazing. Looks like they fine tuned everything. Fuck yes.

jusk

Post by jusk »

The demo, as in the past, is very limited in what it actually shows that changed. Some things are easy to spot, like animations and the icons for the pick and roll, but doesnt do a whole lot to stand out. I am still going to buy it and smash people with the old school Knicks regardless....

an-also

Post by an-also »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrTKlSlQo3Y?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wrTKlSlQo3Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

nash's behind the back pass @ 4.15 was on point.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

shit i can't wait

Gregg Popabitch

the flow of this game looks so crazy

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

The defensive AI and rebounding is this game is insanely better than in the past. Now defenders have active hands and actually try to disrupt passes, and big men actually fight for rebounds. You can also tip them out or away which is awesome.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I will get this just to use Shawn Kemp and dunk on motherfuckers

and who saw ORLANDO WOOLRIDGE in the Jordan trailer

The Big O >>>>>> Lebron

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Don't know how legit this info is as I've never really heard of operationssports.com, but here is a "supposed" list of the starting 5 player ratings for 2K11:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

And Josh McRoberts starting at the 4 for Indiana? Really? Is this a real life possibility? Is it that bad? Jeff Foster and Hansbrough are >>>

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Greg Oden 75
Ben Wallace 74
Joakim Noah 73

:larry:
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;