Suggestions for Video Game of the Year

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

starcraft 2 for sure. i had to cold turkey or i'd be flunking out right now. they've perfected the RTS formula, it's just the dopest shit. games are fast, dynamic, and there's a ton of strategy involved.

mario galaxy 2 is real fun

pro evolution soccer '11 pretty dope

yo street fighter 4 on the iphone. haha no way will you put an iphone game on the list but it's just real impressive how well the controls work. this is the most street fighter i've played since 2 turbo was hot. side note: something i really appreciate this is they keep updating it with new characters. about double since i originally dl'd. still no mike tyson though so i guess im a little pissed.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

service

Post by service »

Relatively (extremely) weak year for games. Mass Effect 2 should win, but won't. God of War 3 should come in dead last, but will probably be top 3. Black Ops will probably win, and until we define some criteria for "game of the year", COD and Madden games will keep winning.

Also, Red Dead was horrible, and even more overrated than GTA4.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

How was the new Fallout game? My PS3 has been in pawn for like 6 months now and I'm about to get that shit out and want to play it.

As far as Tommy's COD/Madden dilemma why not have two polls? A Call of Duty vs. Madden vs. NBA2k11 or whatever poll and another one for the rest of them? just a thought.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

service wrote:Relatively (extremely) weak year for games. Mass Effect 2 should win, but won't. God of War 3 should come in dead last, but will probably be top 3. Black Ops will probably win, and until we define some criteria for "game of the year", COD and Madden games will keep winning.

:larry:

wheels

Post by wheels »

service wrote:Relatively (extremely) weak year for games. Mass Effect 2 should win, but won't. God of War 3 should come in dead last, but will probably be top 3. Black Ops will probably win, and until we define some criteria for "game of the year", COD and Madden games will keep winning.

A little :roper: with no small amount of :smugkid:

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Explain
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

ric

Post by ric »

:lol: @ service. hahaha. wait for the polling to explain yourself, dont pull it out just yet. those threads are usually pretty good reads when dudes like yourself come in with stuff no one else is saying

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

So far, these 10 games got more than one vote. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, these will be the finalists. I'll put the poll up tomorrow.

God of War 3
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty Black Ops
Mass Effect 2
Starcraft
Mario Galaxy 2
NBA 2K11
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Battlefield Bad Company
Heavy Rain

Going to let NBA and COD in the poll to keep shit fair, plus I think red dead is going to crush anyways.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Probably not going to win the poll but I would nominate Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

LoL/good that there wasn't even a single vote for Madden to even be nominated. That game is much better than last years version and still sucks balls.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

FF XIII was hot garbage. Whatever you do, don't include that.

Red Dead
black ops
NBA 2K11
Mario Galaxy 2
Alan Wake
God of War III
Fallout: New Vegas

These are the only games that I cared about this year at all.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Does it have to be just 10 games on the poll? Tommy's list is solid, but I think it misses a few contenders out: -

Halo: Reach
Fallout: New Vegas
Gran Turismo 5
Alan Wake
Rock Band 3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Vanquish
Super Street Fighter IV
FIFA 11
NHL 11

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Sigma wrote:Donkey Kong Country Returns
Yeah, this is good. Not gonna win it type good, but a worthy competitor.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

if you have played red dead and god of war 3 and you honestly think red dead is better you arent a real gamer imo. Do us all a favor and stick to playing GTA and Madden and stfu

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I've never play GOW3 but I have played Red Dead, so please explain.

eris

Post by eris »

Sir Loin wrote:if you have played red dead and god of war 3 and you honestly think red dead is better you arent a real gamer imo. Do us all a favor and stick to playing GTA and Madden and stfu
While God of War 3 is a great game, to say one is not a 'gamer' for liking Red Dead more is ridiculous. Especially since the same people that play Madden and GTA play God of War. It's a button masher. A great button masher. But a button masher nonetheless.

an-also

Post by an-also »

NHL 11 along with the ones mentioned.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

No chance of winning but I loved Alan Wake.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

eris wrote:
Sir Loin wrote:if you have played red dead and god of war 3 and you honestly think red dead is better you arent a real gamer imo. Do us all a favor and stick to playing GTA and Madden and stfu
While God of War 3 is a great game, to say one is not a 'gamer' for liking Red Dead more is ridiculous. Especially since the same people that play Madden and GTA play God of War. It's a button masher. A great button masher. But a button masher nonetheless.
Calling GoW a button masher is like calling red dead a shooter. Its a meaningless title used by people to justify a lack of a real opinion.

Red Dead is an average game. The game world is well done but the quests get boring real quick. Its basically all the gameplay from GTA set in the west.
It certainly doesnt deserve to be in the same class as a game that is the best action game not named Uncharted to come out in this era of console gaming.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Locking this. All discussion can be moved to the poll in the year end forum.

Coming up soon.