Gamer types (inspired by the gym-types thread in P&B)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Gamer types (inspired by the gym-types thread in P&B)

Post by Galvatron78 »

1. The closet gamer/sports dependant - the dude who frowns and laughs at everyone waiting on game ______'s release at midnight but has damn near every rendition of Madden for every year and created his brothers, co-workers, frat brothers, etc etc, and can name you all the specs of every Sports game that came out in the last 15 years........sorry bruh you're a fuckin' game nerd :lol: .

2. the import elitist - This mu'fucka will buy a piece of dogshit if you put a PSIKYO/SNK/Japan Konami/Treasure Logo on it and no matter how bad the game actually is he will argue you up and down about how folks "In the U.S. couldn't grasp the greatness of the game". Ladies and gents from 96' to about 05' this was me. If Psikyo sold Poison Ivy I'd be one itching son of a bitch still trying to grip the controller.

3. The Coke-Head Denial gamer - This person normally possess an affinity for gadgets and has a shitload of games but when asking about the sequel to whatever they are looking for they'll normally start the sentence with "I'm not really a gamer but...."......shut the fuck up yes you are.....your girl won't break up with you when you state that you play games......chances are she's already cheated on you so break out the got-damn gaming console and play!

4. Mr. FPS - He won't play any other genre of games....at all....ever. A Headshot on an FPS to him is like a pink Starburst to him they;ve gotta have it and they're not sharing. he's normally a camping son a bitch and got a start from Doom or Counterstrike. This lowlife fucker will probably be in a mental ward in 20 years in a straight jacket shitting on themselves repeatedly muttering "BOOOM HEADSHIT" to themselves.

5. Mr. I've been playing since the original - I dont give a damn if Street Fighter 500-Ultra-Championship-Turbo-Let's gangbang R. Mika-Tournmament Edition-Plus XX54-HDMI on my nuts-Special comes out, this person will always remind you on how they used to catch wreck on Street Fighter 1 and Karate Champ......truth is both games sucked and nobody gave a mad fuck about either games when they were relevant in the industry so their knowledge on either games really amounts to a Chinese Nickle. whoops :omgracist:

6. Mr. Stuck in The Past and won't Go forward - Look in dude's room, if you find a system made after 2002 then you'll probably find a girl there too and a leprechaun and a copy of Dr. Dre's Detox.....get the picture? Dude's been through 6 Dreamcasts, 7 PS1 imports, 3 Sega Saturn's and 4 NES/Famicom's. He thinks S-video was the highest form of projection ever and all these new games are just "eye candy" and lack any substance............this was me until I played God Of War :cheers: :cheers:

I am Guilty As Charged for #'s 1,5 and 2 and 6 :lol: , My cousin is #1, i had to remind him of his "origin". Let's have fun at our own expense LOL.
Add on........

eris

Post by eris »

The fuck [Insert specific system] the [insert other system] is better fanboy people who laud everything on a particular system and claim anybody who disagrees is a fag/bitch/etc.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

eris wrote:The fuck [Insert specific system] the [insert other system] is better fanboy people who laud everything on a particular system and claim anybody who disagrees is a fag/bitch/etc.
Man, a bunch of my co-workers are that way about the 360. Anybody that doesn't have a 360 is pretty much Aids infected according to them.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I didn't see a category for myself, so I have to make up my own...

The Cheap Ass Gamer: He's played all the greatest hits for the latest console, but only when they came out as the Greatest Hits edition. Won't buy a new game unless Toys 'R' Us is having their B2G1 sale. Just finished the game you finished this time last year. Finishes the first game in a series just in time to talk about it when the sequel comes out... but he won't be buying the sequel until the third installment comes out.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

The "I Haven't Beaten It Yet" Gamer - This is the guy that has a shitload of games and never finishes any of them. He will buy a part 2 before beating part 1. He will trade in his unbeaten games in return for a brand new game that he also ends up not finishing.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Nice thread... I cover about three of these myself...

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

BigCat8 wrote:I didn't see a category for myself, so I have to make up my own...

The Cheap Ass Gamer: He's played all the greatest hits for the latest console, but only when they came out as the Greatest Hits edition. Won't buy a new game unless Toys 'R' Us is having their B2G1 sale. Just finished the game you finished this time last year. Finishes the first game in a series just in time to talk about it when the sequel comes out... but he won't be buying the sequel until the third installment comes out.
this is me, just finished MGS3 and starting God of War 1 right now haha. except i take the cheapness even further by borrowing from friends rather than buying them

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

People who play one or two games a year and act like those are the best games ever.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

eris wrote:The fuck [Insert specific system] the [insert other system] is better fanboy people who laud everything on a particular system and claim anybody who disagrees is a fag/bitch/etc.
this was me when i started importing on the Saturn.....Hell this is still me to an extent.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

have absolutely nothing to add to this thread but it's a great read

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I'm #1 with the inclusion of RPGs to compliment the sports games and my own penchant for mystical faggotry.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

BigCat8 wrote:I didn't see a category for myself, so I have to make up my own...

Also, add buying older consoles immediately after the new consoles get released. Buying consoles people use as trade fodder when they get the new shit. This was me at one point.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Mr. Behind the Times

Not referring to someone who has an affinity for their favorite older consoles. I'm talking about when you're having a conversation with someone about current gen games and this guy tries to join in talking about how he still can't beat some James Bond game on PS2 or he just started another season of Madden '08.

Mr. Clueless / Horrible Taste in Games

This guy will rent games like Pirates of the Caribbean or Fantastic Four based on the box art / description and actually claim they are decent games. He doesn't know the difference between a triple A title and a quick cash-in. His existence is the reason bad games sell. He also doesn't pay attention to reviews of any sort. Probably picked up Game Party on the Wii.

Mr. "Is It Online?"

Ever since the network adapter was released for PS2 this guy asks the same question of every game you mention, "Is it online?" Acts as if a single player only game isn't worth playing.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

A number of these apply directly to me, good thread.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Combo7 wrote:People who play one or two games a year and act like those are the best games ever.
guilty as charged.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Hush wrote:Mr. Clueless / Horrible Taste in Games

This guy will rent games like Pirates of the Caribbean or Fantastic Four based on the box art / description and actually claim they are decent games. He doesn't know the difference between a triple A title and a quick cash-in. His existence is the reason bad games sell. He also doesn't pay attention to reviews of any sort. Probably picked up Game Party on the Wii.

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46039

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Combo7 wrote:

lol.

A couple of gaming forum types that get on my nerves: -

1. The "longing for the good old days....but not really" purchaser of generic games - They moan about games not being creative "like they used to be", but spend all their gaming time playing games like COD and FIFA and won't even give indie games a look, simply because they're not from the very same big developers they're berating for not being creative.

2. The "EA/Activision are pure evil, but here, take my money!" mong - They moan about everything they do, but buy all their games and DLC for those games anyway. If you're gonna have that opinion, which is fine, at least stand by your so-called principles and don't give them your money.

3. The "graphics only matter when I say so!" hypocrite - When their system of choice has a game with great graphics, they use that to rub it in the face of people who chose a different system. When it's the other way round, they say "it's the gameplay that matters, not the graphics!".

One that seems specific to a couple of my mates: -

"I won't buy any other game but Call of Duty, and I will moan about lag, campers, cheats, glitches, 'I shot that guy first, but he still killed me' and so on constantly, even though I play the game several times a week while seemingly getting no enjoyment out of it whatsoever."

I call this type of gamer - THE SILLY CUNT.

ric

Post by ric »

how about the

FRANCHISE GAMER

dudes are utterly attached to pretty much anything that is released that is under the umbrella of their favorite title, even if those games are literally nothing like the core games of that series. this person will either bitch about "how theyve been fucking things up" or exhault and constantly argue how the newest title is easily the best in the whole series (looking at some ff13 dummies).

i am basically this type of gamer

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

an-also wrote:
Combo7 wrote:People who play one or two games a year and act like those are the best games ever.
guilty as charged.
Me too.

COD + NB2K is all I know in my world.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Combo7 wrote:

:lol:

I remember that thread.

Panama

Post by Panama »

Hush wrote:
Mr. "Is It Online?"

Ever since the network adapter was released for PS2 this guy asks the same question of every game you mention, "Is it online?" Acts as if a single player only game isn't worth playing.
That's me

I don't fuck with single player

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

^^^^^^HELLLLLL NAAW!!!!! LMAO!!!

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Aint no party like a white-trash-meth-induced Black Ops LAN party!!!

Panama

Post by Panama »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rayza

Post by rayza »

Achievement Whore Gamer

Hush

Post by Hush »

^^^

post/sig

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Hush wrote:^^^

post/sig
:lol: :copy:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Panama wrote:
Hush wrote:
Mr. "Is It Online?"

That's me

I don't fuck with single player
Just saw this.

That means you're missing out. God of War is a prime example of why, and a pretty good example of a game that'd be incredibly difficult to pull off as an online game.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I guess I'd be the exact opposite of that one.
I'm strictly single-player only. Occasionally I'll play wii with some friends while drinking but other than that I never play against real people. Part of that is being old enough to be able to afford to never have roommates. The bigger part is that I absolutely refuse to hook any of my systems up to the internet. Mostly because it took me almost an entire decade to get over my CounterStrike addiction and I fear what would become of my life if I were to buy Call of Duty and go online.