DC Universe Online

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Drastik

DC Universe Online

Post by Drastik »

Friend of mine is addicted to it already. Inclined to join him on the PS3 tomorrow. Is the monthly fee worth it, though? I think its like $15 or some shit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wQLM2vXo9k?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wQLM2vXo9k?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UBIQAJ3S4Y?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8UBIQAJ3S4Y?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

wheels

Post by wheels »

It's 15 a month. You get one free month with the game.

It's alright, I don't see it lasting too long for me personally.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

my boy wants me to join with him.

I really don't want to ever get into a MMORPG

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^The only one I ever played back in the day was Star Wars Galaxies. If you have that addictive personality where you'll stay indoors for 14 days straight just to "level up", then I'd stay away, too.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

not only do i have an addictive personality.

but i love comics and sci fi shit.

I'm glad i've effectively stayed away so far.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Shit, it's only day 2 and my Villain is a level 12. I haven't touched the game today yet. All that work was done last night. Seems like there's only 30 levels, too. I'm literally fighting the urge to boot up my PS3.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Bump. People need to hop on this. Addictive as fuck.

Post by 360 »

Shit is terrible.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^What's wrong with it? I'm not a MMO fan or expert, so I don't know much when comparing it to other titles. What I do know is that I love the DC Universe. Plus, dual wielding pistols while blasting niggas from a rooftop with bombs and then flying away into the horizon is a win in my book.

ric

Post by ric »

Drastik wrote:^What's wrong with it? I'm not a MMO fan or expert, so I don't know much when comparing it to other titles. What I do know is that I love the DC Universe. Plus, dual wielding pistols while blasting niggas from a rooftop with bombs and then flying away into the horizon is a win in my book.
best description of a game ive read in a long time

i will not be buying this though. the mmo thing is out of control

Hush

Post by Hush »

I've heard that you can max out your character in less than a week leaving you with a worthless $60 game with no incentive to play beyond the included trial period.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Wrong. The "maxing out" you're talking about is reaching level 30? Yeah, that just starts the game. The rest of the game begins after 30. Hard-Mode Alerts, Duos, Raids, and the infinite quest for PvP gear and weapons... Once you max out a weapon you can invest points in another one to get the best possible stats to win in PvP Arena.

The other side is that once I'm done with the villains I can go and do one with the hero's, but I don't think I'm going to be done for a very long time. The only way to get the gear is through a currency system known as Marks. Marks of Legends, Victory, Triumph, Distinction, Allegiance, etc... These are only obtained in missions done after you reach level 30.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Hush wrote:I've heard that you can max out your character in less than a week leaving you with a worthless $60 game with no incentive to play beyond the included trial period.
I dunno if what you say is true about maxing out your character, but if you don't like this game, you really are left with a worthless $60 game as it can't be traded in or sold: -
Don't get any bright ideas about trading in DC Universe Online for a newer game - you can't.

It's an MMO; it's not allowed.

"Once the PSN key has been consumed with a disk it cannot be resold / replayed with the second user adding a sub. Only the original consumer can use that account. Disk and account are one," a Sony rep told QuickJump.

PC gamers are familiar with this approach, but for console gamers it's a step beyond Online Pass, i.e. buy the game second-hand and pay around $10 to unlock multiplayer.

Sony Online Entertainment, maker of DC Universe Online, doesn't offer spare paid-for activation codes. The code supplied with the disc is all there is.

Eurogamer gave DC Universe Online 6/10.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... s-trade-in

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Trust me, there's no way you can max out your character in a week. You are allotted skill and power points to spend on shit for your character through a system of completing feats. Once you reach 30 you only have the feat-points to rely on to further your character instead of XP. Every 100 feat points you get one skill point. I think the max amount of points is 80, and when I reached level 30 I only had 20. Right now I've been a 30 for over 2 weeks and only have 26 skill points. This game is long.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I don't think that makes it sound so great though. 2 weeks and you've hit the max level cap and got 26 of a maximum of 80 skill points. That's long for a regular game, but not one that you pay

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^Doubt it. Guess you have to be a die hard fanboy.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

[quote="Sigma"]I don't think that makes it sound so great though. 2 weeks and you've hit the max level cap and got 26 of a maximum of 80 skill points. That's long for a regular game, but not one that you pay

wheels

Post by wheels »

It's an MMO, so the majority of your time is going to be spent after you've hit the level cap. You could get 30 in a day if you really knew what you were doing, and then from there it's just a matter of going back through old content to get the skill points you need. There's only so many that are useful, and both characters I played had a bunch of skills I never used. Anything else I was using the points for were passive stat bonuses.

PVP is fun, but the server I was on was really one sided. I was a hero and I think I won 3 battlegrounds out of at least 200. I grouped up with people but we never had any luck. I like the actual combat a lot though.

PVE is boring, and super easy. Zero incentive to play it after you get all the gear. The stuff you get with tokens is better than anything that you loot from raids, so you could just do one over and over until you had everything.

It feels like they held back some of their content so the customers would get the impression that they're adding lots of stuff when they do a content patch in a month or whatever.

I think the action MMO is probably the next big thing but this ain't it.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

^I think if the demand is still there within the next 3 months, we will see regular updates and added content.

wheels

Post by wheels »

People cleared all the content, got all the gear, and quit within the first month. A lot of those people were in beta or are crazy hardcore about it, but still.

Needed more stuff. I like the game, it's got a lot going for it, but anything with a fee needs to be deeper. Way deeper. All we're getting are the servers, and the population balance is out of control. If you're a villain you won't notice it, but roll a hero on No Man's Land. it's rough