Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (previously MGS: Rising)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

an-also

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (previously MGS: Rising)

Post by an-also »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mysz5slsgs8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mysz5slsgs8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

looks great.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Looks like they might be going away from the stealth strategy to cut the shit out of anything and everything you wish strategy.

The Aluminum Falcon

an-also wrote:Looks like they might be going away from the stealth strategy to cut the shit out of anything and everything you wish strategy.
thats what a lot of people were saying but somebody over at konami shot that down saying you can take a stealth approach to the game as well.

The Aluminum Falcon

ric

Post by ric »

shit. looks. dope.

i am not a big fan of raiden. i have a hard time divorcing MGS 2 from MGS 3 (albeit joke role) and MGS 4. in MGS4 hes actually a really decent character. i would go so far as to say hes got some really great moments in MGS4. i just wonder how far his story can go and while maintaining my personal interest and compelling me to care. i mean.....mgs 2 is really bad. and i would not be surprised at all to learn that raiden is a genetic experiment born from the philosophers legacy whos dna was initially that of major raidenovich who helped colonel volgan and shit like that. you know how the mgs storylines go sometimes

it seems like theyre taking inventory management almost completely out of the game and while at first blush this seems like a good idea they may run into game limiting pitfalls. mgs4 has a few minor pitfalls itself (if you consider that half the game is a movie minor) it looks almost like TMNT Turtles in Time-ish you know?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Revengeance sounds hilarious.

Looks awesome, not exactly stealthy though.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Spartan wrote:Revengeance sounds hilarious.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Not very cysed about this.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Moolah wrote:
Spartan wrote:Revengeance sounds hilarious.

Not very cysed about this.
Understatement of the year.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Spartan wrote: <object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SNo8h-KfAU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
:err: :err: :err: :err: :err:

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

The studio that is working on this basically makes games where the actual gameplay and mechanics are great, and everything else is so fucking terrible it makes you embarrassed to admit you played the game...

this looks like it will be more of the same.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

kojima said he'd stop making metal gear and it looks like he did. only he's using the name to sell units.

with the exception of the first one the storylines are all garbage. that japo fag got too much leeway to run his faggy story ideas. there's a skip button on the movies so im cool.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:kojima said he'd stop making metal gear and it looks like he did. only he's using the name to sell units.

with the exception of the first one the storylines are all garbage. that japo fag got too much leeway to run his faggy story ideas. there's a skip button on the movies so im cool.
The storyline in Snake Eater might be better in the first.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:kojima said he'd stop making metal gear and it looks like he did. only he's using the name to sell units.

:cheers: Dude thinks he's Quentin Tarantino.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Combo7 wrote:

:cheers: Dude thinks he's Quentin Tarantino.
mgs 2 storyline was beyond retarded.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

thought this looked lame when i first saw the trailer way back when, and i'm even less enthuastic about it now. the game seems incredibly shallow and overall pointless.

ric

Post by ric »

game looks fucking dumb. dumb.

an-also

Post by an-also »

besides this game looking like hot garbage, MGS 5 might have potential to be pretty dope.
Hideo Kojima has discussed a few of his ideas for currently unannounced "authentic stealth" title Metal Gear Solid 5, including one which takes The Boss and Cobra Unit back to World War 2.

"Metal Gear Solid 4 wrapped up in 2008, and the dev team took post-project time off right after that," he revealed in a new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance video documentary (via Eurogamer). "But, of course, we were in a situation where we had to start planning for MGS5. So I started coming up with several ideas.

Key art for Metal Gear Rising. "I had several ideas for a game featuring The Boss and the Cobra Unit during the invasion of Normandy. I then handed these plans over to the team so they could take over and make the game.

"I presented my ideas to the team during the summer of 2008. However, simply dropping MGS5 on the younger staff members was a bit heavy and there was resistance to doing it without my involvement."

To risk a potted version of Metal Gear Solid lore, the Boss is Naked Snake's mentor and key antagonist in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The concept for Revengeance - an action spin-off saved from cancellation by Platinum Games - surfaced in the wake of Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 5 pitch.

"At the time, I was working on a new project. It was during the planning phase of that project and I wanted the staff to take charge of the new title," he went on.

"There was resistance to that idea, though. It was then that someone proposed the idea for what would become Rising. It was a game based on Raiden's story, since MGS5 had too much weight to it. It would be a side story that the team felt more comfortable working with."

Yesterday, Kojima reassured Metal Fans annoyed by Revengeance's action emphasis that a "true" Metal Gear sequel was on the way. "For those of you desire for authentic stealth MGS, I want you to patiently wait for the sequel coming in future."

"I think we'll probably have to make it [a sequel to MGS4] at some point, but what that will be, we have no idea."

ric

Post by ric »

the boss is so fucking sweet. the whole deadly sincerity thing is fucking awesome.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Put this fucking franchise to bed already. Kojima is so far up his own ass at this point that it would be impossible for him to make something that even resembles a video game let alone one worth playing.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Combo7 wrote:Put this fucking franchise to bed already. Kojima is so far up his own ass at this point that it would be impossible for him to make something that even resembles a video game let alone one worth playing.
The actual gameplay in MGS4 was pretty good from what I remember. The cutscenes was beyond excruciating. I think Kojima can still turn out a sick mgs game if he scales back the fucked up cutscenes. Its more of a hope at this point because I still wanna play a new good mgs thats up to snake eaters standards.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

I hated the gameplay, it had none of what I liked about the other games. Walk Snake across a small map, fight a boss. That's all the entire game was.

If he can make something even half as good as Snake Eater I'll be happy, but there's no going back after MGS4. Too many critics and fans were slobbing all over its knob.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

revengeance looks like a shitty ninja gaiden
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Combo7 wrote:I hated the gameplay, it had none of what I liked about the other games. Walk Snake across a small map, fight a boss. That's all the entire game was.
Exaggerate much?

ric

Post by ric »

Combo7 wrote:If he can make something even half as good as Snake Eater I'll be happy, but there's no going back after MGS4. Too many critics and fans were slobbing all over its knob.
i like the mgs4 gameplay, but i thought the octocamo was a double edged sword that was too easy to get cut on. it automatically puts you at high %!

as far as the excessive cut scenes go, i am holding out hope they can corral that. because, at least from what i can remember, mgs4 was advertised and held out to be the final game and the story went along with that. kojima even did a bunch of 'i am retiring from this franchise' type interviews. so they wanted to make it super epic.

at this point i think the story could have involved the player more, and been better, and the bosses (while sweet) could have been more story-involved. that whole sequence where you follow around the dude, that was sweet, but that could have been so much better and bigger and sweeter.

i guess seeing the garbage that his baby would become inspired kojima to make another one????

frank b

Post by frank b »

I have complete faith in Platinum. This will be worth playing.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama