Xbox Live Christmas sale

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Xbox Live Christmas sale

Post by Sigma »

The following is on sale from now until January 2nd: -

Of that lot, I'd recommend trying the demos for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Renegade Ops, After Burner Climax and BloodRayne Betrayal. All of the XBLA games are good though.

There's also going to be a new deal every day. Today's deal is Bastion for 600 MSP (50% off). I would definitely try the demo for that one, because it's one of the best downloadable games released this year IMO.

Finally, there is deal of the week. This week's deal is Rock of Ages for 400 MSP (50% off), a kind of mix of tower defence and marble madness.

I'll add the daily deals here if I remember. Click the game's name to go to Xbox.com where you can buy it or download the demo: -

December 20th - Bastion

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

cheers man.

also massive sales on steam for the pc gamers out there.

whole developer catalogues for less than $100!

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

hooray for sales when i'm new to x box!

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Bastion is 1200 MS points on the link you gave, is that sale price?

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

manwhore wrote:also massive sales on steam for the pc gamers out there.

whole developer catalogues for less than $100!
this is my first year experiencing Steam sales and this shit is insane

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Spartan wrote:Bastion is 1200 MS points on the link you gave, is that sale price?

That's the full price. The Bastion sale was for one day only.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

missed it.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

The Bastion deal is coming back from January 31 through February 6.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/26/us-so ... #continued

How a physical copy of Bastion wound up in Afghanistan

"He told me they had no plans of releasing a physical copy in the future, but if I gave him my address then he would see what he could do," one lucky Reddit user and Afghanistan-stationed United States Air Force officer wrote on the social news site earlier today. User "bolivar-shagnasty" was speaking about Supergiant's multi-award winning Bastion -- a game only available digitally for both Xbox 360 and PC.

But "shagnasty's" internet connection while stationed in Afghanistan is ... let's call it less than ideal. "My internet connection is disgustingly slow and it costs so much that it seems like price gouging," he wrote. And despite his best efforts to snag Bastion via both Direct2Drive and Steam, he was rebuffed at both stops. Rather than give up, however, he decided to shoot an email to Supergiant and see if the studio had plans to release a retail version of the game at some point.

Supergiant isn't a big studio by any means. Beyond creative director Greg Kasavin, six other folks can refer to themselves as full-time Supergiant-ers. So when the Air Force officer emailed what he expected to be customer support, he actually got a direct response from the aforementioned studio head, Greg Kasavin. "We get emails from fans each day and many of them are touching or memorable. Usually all we can do is say thank-you. This case was different -- though he's not the first soldier deployed overseas to write to us, he was the first to explain that he wanted to play the game, but could not due to lack of Internet availability, and was wondering if he could purchase it through some other means," Kasavin told Joystiq this afternoon.

As Supergiant has no plans to release Bastion at retail, Kasavin came up with another solution. A much more incredible solution, actually. "We went out and got a spool of DVD-Rs and burned him a disc containing the installer for the game ... We recently started selling some Bastion merchandise out of our studio so we threw in a Bastion bandana for good measure," Kasavin said. Why the bandana? "That seemed like it might come in useful out there," he told us.

Understandably, "shagnasty" was elated. "I've never really seen customer service like this before," he told Reddit. Kasavin is, also understandably, thrilled about the exchange as well. "We're humbled by the kind of reaction the game has received from players. We respond to every fan email we get because we think it's well worthwhile to treat our customers the way we'd like to be treated. Besides which, we wouldn't be able to do any of this if not for them."