Droid Users, what apps are you fucking with?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Droid Users, what apps are you fucking with?

Post by Prophecy »

Got my phone yesterday and started apping that bitch up and was wondering what do you guys deem essential?

I already have:
Launcher Pro
Dolphin
Google Maps
Google Goggles
Google Reader

What security shit you guys fucking with?

Any just cool apps in general that you recommend?
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Re: Droid Users, what apps are you fucking with?

Post by Moolah »

Prophecy wrote:Dolphin
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBifa7MtX1c?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBifa7MtX1c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

On the rele though are Dolphin and Launcher pro good/recommended?

Skimming through all my apps, I would recommend...

Facebook
Google Maps/Navigation/Places - best navigation
Wi-Fi Finder - allows you to see wi-fi hotspots on a map
Ebay
Flashlight - just lets you use your screen as a bright led. might be handy for some.
IMDB
Where's My Droid - Allows you to make your phone ring, and/or show it's GPS location by sending a text message to your phone. Never had to use it but seemingly a good idea.
Wiki
Google Docs
TripAdvisor - Decent travel app.
NoLED - Dope app if your phone doesn't have built in notification lights. Uses your screen for message/missed call notifications and is quite customizable.
XE currency converter
SwiftKey X - The illest keyboard ever. Saves you so much time typing. Analyses your texts/email/facebook etc. to get an understanding of how you type. Not only predicts the current words you are typing but the next words and even entire sentences on some :ff: shit.
Pano - Take panoramic shots.
Spool - This was my favourite app until youtube blocked them. Allows you to save any website to your phone for easy viewing later. Was really awesome when you could get youtube vids through it, still a great app though.
ToiletFinder
Google Authenticator - Gives an added layer of protection to your google account by requiring you to enter a randomly generated number anytime you access your google account on a new device.

Illest Games

Temple Run
Angry Birds Space
Ninjump
World of Goo
Quell Reflect (no Qwel)
Cut the Rope
Jewels Deluxe

:leon: for making this thread.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

^^That list probably isn't a lot of help, so here's 10 from it that I would recommend: -

01 - Swype - Once I got used to this I couldn't go back to a regular keyboard.
02 - Wi-Fi File Explorer Pro - You can view the contents of your phone via any web browser, as well as being able to upload/download files etc. so it saves having to connect it via a cable.
03 - ChompSMS - Quite a bit better than the stock messaging client IMO.
04 - Remote for iTunes - I don't use iTunes, but despite the name this also works with MediaMonkey and is a really good remote app.
05 - SoundCloud - Great if you use SC (obviously) and has notifications for when people comment on your tracks, start following you etc.
06 - TuneIn Radio Pro - Listen to and record radio stations from around the world. There's a free version that's the same, minus the ability to record.
07 - Fruit Ninja - You almost certainly know what this is, but for such a simple game I find it really addictive.
08 - Cordy - An excellent platform/puzzle game, although a little taxing on my Desire (should run great on your SII).
09 - Netcounter - I don't actually use it, but it keeps count of how much data has been transferred via both Wi-Fi and 3G (handy if you have a cap where you're charged if you go over).
10 - S2E - Great if your phone is rooted and has a small amount of internal memory. It's thanks to this app that I am able to install pretty much as many apps as I like.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The Swype keyboard looks awkward and slow as hell.

Swiftkey X is really next level and i definitely had that mind reading experience they describe in this vid the first time I used it.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUwtYFDdT9c?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUwtYFDdT9c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of apps that come on your droid that have the uninstall feature disabled? It pisses me off to no end that I can't get rid of these faggot programs. Slingbox, Slacker Radio, Netflix all are permanantly on my phone it seems.

I'm not a big app guy but of things not mentioned already, CallFilter is essential for blocking faggots and spammers and the game I am most addicted to is Defender II.
Also Instagram is on droid now too.

diggy64

Post by diggy64 »

Scanner Radio is dope, listen to it before I go to bed.

On a sidenote, Chicago and Philly are violent as fawk.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Moolah wrote:The Swype keyboard looks awkward and slow as hell.
I used SwiftKey for a while, but I prefer Swype. The Dragon dictation in the latest version is really accurate too.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Does anyone know of a way to get rid of apps that come on your droid that have the uninstall feature disabled? It pisses me off to no end that I can't get rid of these faggot programs. Slingbox, Slacker Radio, Netflix all are permanantly on my phone it seems.

I'm not a big app guy but of things not mentioned already, CallFilter is essential for blocking faggots and spammers and the game I am most addicted to is Defender II.
Dude I would kill to have netflix be permanently installed on my fone.

Every 30 minutes Blockbuster App is checking my GPS and installing updates, so gay and I can't stop it.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

i'm rolling with an HTC EVO, and juice defender is probably the best app i've downloaded. it basically stops a lot of things on your phone from running when it isn't being used and increases battery life tenfold. highly recommended.

DJ Primate

Post by DJ Primate »

perabigail wrote:i'm rolling with an HTC EVO, and juice defender is probably the best app i've downloaded. it basically stops a lot of things on your phone from running when it isn't being used and increases battery life tenfold. highly recommended.
:leon:

been needing an app like this. thanks.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

If you don't know about this, you should:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=2350149011

Free android app every day. Most of the time, it's some shitty game that costs $1 but occasionally you can pick up something useful.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Can any of my fellow droid users help me with the facebook sync problem?

I have my phone synced w/ facebook which I like but it automatically imports every fbook friend with their phone number in their profile into my phone contacts. I delete them from my phone contacts but it says "you cannot delete contacts from read-only accounts, but you can hide them in your contacts lists."
Problem is there is no "hide" option and always a few days later facebook re-adds all the faggots from facebook that I'm friends with but don't want in my fucking phone.

Is there a workaround for this or a program that fixes this? I've searched the net to no help and I'm at the point where I'm about to delete 50 facebook friends just to get them out of my damn phone.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

HomeSkillet wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Does anyone know of a way to get rid of apps that come on your droid that have the uninstall feature disabled? It pisses me off to no end that I can't get rid of these faggot programs. Slingbox, Slacker Radio, Netflix all are permanantly on my phone it seems.

Dude I would kill to have netflix be permanently installed on my fone.

Every 30 minutes Blockbuster App is checking my GPS and installing updates, so gay and I can't stop it.
Root your phone. Install a new ROM. Bullshit gone. Free wireless tethering. Hulu. Faster. Smaller. Better battery life. A whole other awesome set of apps.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Apps not mentioned:

Doggcatcher for podcasts

Rockplayer lite for watching .avi, etc without having to convert

Dropbox for dropbox

Readitlater pro for cuz it's awesome, but especially awesome for plane rides.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

App's I've got installed that I'm enjoying so far

Dolphin-Haven't really fucked with any other browsers but it was highly rated from what I saw from some googling and I'm enjoying to so far.
Swype-Came installed on my phone and I just turned it on yesterday. Getting the hang of it but I can see this will make converting from a qwerty so much easier.
Google maps/Nav-Easy to use GPS/Nav. Skynet wins again. Being able to save locations using google atlas is great too.
Facebook
Tweetdeck-Like it better than the regular twitter app
Instagram
Untappd-Like foursquare but for beer geeks. Allows you to check in where you're drinking and what beer. Fun way to keep up with my beer geek friends to see who's drinking what.
Yelp/Urban Spoon/Poynt-cool ways to find cool new spots to eat, shop, drink etc
Reuters news
Google Music-Nice being able to stream the 100+ gigs of music I have while im out and about
Last.fm-Still running the free trial but it's cool to have my favorite music streaming service available on the go
Iris-Siri knock off thats fun to mess around with
Juice Defender-I have a Razr Maxx so really battery isn't a concern but I put on the phone anyways
Iheartradio-Basically just to listen to sports radio or sporting events on the go.
Scanner Radio-Fun to just have on in the background while just chillin. I was listening to some cops from the Land of la Mooh chase some blokes down for fighting in a bar yesterday.
TED-TED on the go? Win!
Wifi Find-Easy way to find networks while out and about
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Re: Droid Users, what apps are you fucking with?

Post by Prophecy »

Moolah wrote:
Prophecy wrote:Dolphin
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBifa7MtX1c?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBifa7MtX1c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

On the rele though are Dolphin and Launcher pro good/recommended?

Skimming through all my apps, I would recommend...

Facebook
Google Maps/Navigation/Places - best navigation
Wi-Fi Finder - allows you to see wi-fi hotspots on a map
Ebay
Flashlight - just lets you use your screen as a bright led. might be handy for some.
IMDB
Where's My Droid - Allows you to make your phone ring, and/or show it's GPS location by sending a text message to your phone. Never had to use it but seemingly a good idea.
Wiki
Google Docs
TripAdvisor - Decent travel app.
NoLED - Dope app if your phone doesn't have built in notification lights. Uses your screen for message/missed call notifications and is quite customizable.
XE currency converter
SwiftKey X - The illest keyboard ever. Saves you so much time typing. Analyses your texts/email/facebook etc. to get an understanding of how you type. Not only predicts the current words you are typing but the next words and even entire sentences on some :ff: shit.
Pano - Take panoramic shots.
Spool - This was my favourite app until youtube blocked them. Allows you to save any website to your phone for easy viewing later. Was really awesome when you could get youtube vids through it, still a great app though.
ToiletFinder
Google Authenticator - Gives an added layer of protection to your google account by requiring you to enter a randomly generated number anytime you access your google account on a new device.

Illest Games

Temple Run
Angry Birds Space
Ninjump
World of Goo
Quell Reflect (no Qwel)
Cut the Rope
Jewels Deluxe

:leon: for making this thread.
I like both. I haven't really fucked with any other browsers for comparison to Dolphin but I zero complaints about it so far. Launcher allows you to customize pretty much everything on your homescreens and runs really smooth/fast so I like it.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Can any of my fellow droid users help me with the facebook sync problem?

I have my phone synced w/ facebook which I like but it automatically imports every fbook friend with their phone number in their profile into my phone contacts. I delete them from my phone contacts but it says "you cannot delete contacts from read-only accounts, but you can hide them in your contacts lists."
Problem is there is no "hide" option and always a few days later facebook re-adds all the faggots from facebook that I'm friends with but don't want in my fucking phone.

Is there a workaround for this or a program that fixes this? I've searched the net to no help and I'm at the point where I'm about to delete 50 facebook friends just to get them out of my damn phone.
Go into Accounts & Sync under Settings, click on the entry for Facebook and uncheck the box next to "Sync Contacts".

Also, in the Contacts app you can change which contacts are displayed here: -

Contacts - Press menu button - Display - Choose contacts to display - Click on Facebook - Uncheck the box next to "All Contacts".

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

:cheers:

bmurf75

Post by bmurf75 »

Opera Mobile (not mini):
I use Opera mobile most of the time but sometimes use the default browser. Once I discovered that I could watch ESPN3.com I was hooked.

FoxFi:
FoxFi for tethering. It works on non-rooted phones. First app that I have seen for non rooted phones that does not require a pc side client.

MX Player:
I prefer MX Player over Rock Player for playing avi files.

Swype:
I Swype. I can't live without it. I tried swift key early on, during their trial and it wasn't as good as swype. That may have changed but i'm happy with swype.

Netflix and HBO GO:
If you have Netflix or HBO then you need to install these.

Google Voice:
I need this. Without it, I won't check voicemail.

GrooVe IP ($4.99):
If you use many minutes or go over, then you should look into this app. It allows you to make unlimited calls via your Google Voice number for free over Wifi or cellular data. It works very well over Wifi.

I don't sync my fb with my phone anymore. It caused too many issues with duplicates and added a bunch of fuckers that I will never talk to.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

What is tethering and why is it important? I have an un-rooted HTC but I don't have a data plan either so I'm wondering about what that could mean or if I'm missing out on anything because I don't know what tethering is.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

stupidregister wrote:What is tethering and why is it important? I have an un-rooted HTC but I don't have a data plan either so I'm wondering about what that could mean or if I'm missing out on anything because I don't know what tethering is.
Tethering is where you use the phone's mobile Internet connection with another device. For example, my home broadband went down last week, but I could plug my phone into my PC with a USB cable, turn on tethering, and I was back online on the PC using the phone's mobile broadband.

downtown jewelry bryan

Post by downtown jewelry bryan »

voxer - allows you to record your farts and send them to friends
disco fries

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Swiftkey X is really next level and i definitely had that mind reading experience they describe in this vid the first time I used it.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUwtYFDdT9c?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XUwtYFDdT9c?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

i swear to god i was almost considering taking a step back and getting another blackberry because i hated texting on my evo so much, but then i downloaded this. seriously fucking amazing.

swype is dogshit. i got so frustrated using swype that i almost destroyed my phone multiple times. then, leaving swype behind for the regular texting application is just as bad. this swiftkey shit is so badass. thank you.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

heres my current app list...

10001 Cocktails
2cloud
ABLACK
AdFree
Adobe AIR
Adobe Flash Player 11.1
Adobe Reader
ADWLauncher EX
AIM
AirDroid
AK Notepad
Al Jazeera
Amazon
Androidify
Angry Birds
Angry Birds
Angry Birds
Angry Birds
AppAware
Appstore
APW Google Reader
At the Ballpark
BackPage Cruiser
baconreader
Badoo
Barcode Scanner
BatteryCalibration
BatteryTime Lite
BBC News
BeejiveIM for Facebook Chat
Best Buy
BetBud
BeWeather
Black chrome
BlingBoard
Boid
Box
BreakTheBricks
Bump
BusyBox Free
Capital One
CB Theme Go Launcher EX
Chomp
chompSMS theme add-on
Chrome Beta
Chrome to Phone
City Story
Classic Theme GO Launcher EX
CNN
Compass
Congress
CraigsNotifica
CraigsNotifica Contribution
Currents
CWMR Touch Installer
DateHookup
DICE Player
Dictionary
Digital Clock
Dolphin Browser HD
Domino's
doubleTwist
Draw Free
Drinks Recipes
Drive
Dropbox
Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave
E*TRADE
Earth
eBay
eBuddy
Endomondo
Engadget
Evernote
Evi
exDialer
Expensify
Facebook
Fandango
Finance
Fitbit
Flickr
FlightAware
Flikie Wallpapers HD
Flixster
Foursquare
franco.Kernel Updater
Friendcaster
fring
Fruit Ninja Free
FxCamera
GO Contacts EX
GO Contacts Wallet theme
GO Launcher EX
GO Launcher EX Notification
GO SMS Pro
Goggles
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies
Google Play Music
Google Reader
Google Sky Map
Google Voice
Google+
gReader
GrooVe IP
Handcent SMS
handyCalc
handyConverter
handyCurrency
Happy Hours
Honeycomb GO Launcher EX theme
HopStop
Hotel Tonight
How to Tie a Tie
Ice Cream Sandwich EX
Ice_Cream_Go_Launcher_EX_Theme
ICS Browser+
iKamasutra Lite
IM+ Black beta
IM+ Pro
IMDb
imo
imo beta
Instagram
JackThreads
JustPictures!
K-9 Mail
Kik Messenger
Last.fm
LauncherPro
Layar
LCD Density Modder Pro
LevelMatchCity
Light Flow
LinkedIn
Listen
Lucky Patcher
Maps
Marble Buster
Meebo IM
Messenger
MetaMorph
Minimalist
Minimalist_Black
Mint.com
Minus
Miumeet
MiuMeet
MoboPlayer
Moviefone
MX Player
My Tracks
My Verizon Mobile
MyFitnessPal
Myspace
myYearbook
NBA Teams
Netflix
Newegg
NFL Mobile
NHL GameCenter
Nova Launcher Prime
NYC Bus & Subway Maps
NYCMate
NYTimes
Offers
OkCupid
OnTheFly
OpenTable
Opera Mobile
Pandora
Paper Toss
Path
Pattern Wallpapers
picplz
POF
PriceCheck
Pulse
Push Ups
Quadrant Standard
Quick ICS Browser
Quickoffice

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

perabigail wrote:

i swear to god i was almost considering taking a step back and getting another blackberry because i hated texting on my evo so much, but then i downloaded this. seriously fucking amazing.

swype is dogshit. i got so frustrated using swype that i almost destroyed my phone multiple times. then, leaving swype behind for the regular texting application is just as bad. this swiftkey shit is so badass. thank you.
swiftkey x is the past, time to jump on swiftkey 3 beta, you dont even need to press the spacebar anymore, it makes the spaces for you, check it out...

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/05/05/sw ... -enhanced/

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

bmurf75 wrote:Opera Mobile (not mini):
I use Opera mobile most of the time but sometimes use the default browser. Once I discovered that I could watch ESPN3.com I was hooked.

FoxFi:
FoxFi for tethering. It works on non-rooted phones. First app that I have seen for non rooted phones that does not require a pc side client.

MX Player:
I prefer MX Player over Rock Player for playing avi files.

Swype:
I Swype. I can't live without it. I tried swift key early on, during their trial and it wasn't as good as swype. That may have changed but i'm happy with swype.

Netflix and HBO GO:
If you have Netflix or HBO then you need to install these.

Google Voice:
I need this. Without it, I won't check voicemail.

GrooVe IP ($4.99):
If you use many minutes or go over, then you should look into this app. It allows you to make unlimited calls via your Google Voice number for free over Wifi or cellular data. It works very well over Wifi.

I don't sync my fb with my phone anymore. It caused too many issues with duplicates and added a bunch of fuckers that I will never talk to.
word groove ip is greatness, there are so many settings though, would you mind telling me what settings you turn on/off to get the best sound quality? FYI the majority of my calling will be over wifi

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

How do you get it?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Sigma wrote:
stupidregister wrote:What is tethering and why is it important? I have an un-rooted HTC but I don't have a data plan either so I'm wondering about what that could mean or if I'm missing out on anything because I don't know what tethering is.
Tethering is where you use the phone's mobile Internet connection with another device. For example, my home broadband went down last week, but I could plug my phone into my PC with a USB cable, turn on tethering, and I was back online on the PC using the phone's mobile broadband.
more importantly with tethering enabled in your ROM you can turn your phone into a wifi hotspot, meaning if you have a tablet you can skip ever getting a data plan for it, and just hop on wifi via your phones 3G/4G connection....

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Moolah wrote:How do you get it?
I'm talking about Swiftkey 3 here.