E3 2012

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Kalistoga wrote:"Watch Dogs" & "Last of us" are :ohsh:
i want another couple of years of games like these, rather than any nex gen systems.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

DJ Primate wrote:
Truth. wrote:Game called "Watch_Dog" Ubisoft just showed is best game of E3 so far
This. Just look at the gameplay trailer:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcMRkyoHKeA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FcMRkyoHKeA?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I am liking this a lot.

chiefbombpro

Post by chiefbombpro »

Wow, that Watch Dogs joint is dope.
Philaflava wrote:all these new blog rappers should be tasered on the regular.

an-also

Post by an-also »

watch dogs...stun

DJ Primate

Post by DJ Primate »

Watch Dogs and The Last of Us really showcase how advanced AI has gotten in video games. It's pretty crazy.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Gonna be a great year for games
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

an-also

Post by an-also »

Looks like I'm keeping my ps3 for 'last of us'

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Wth everyone else Watch Dogs and Last of US. AC3 looks good. I even liked the PS allstar fighting game kind of looks like Powerstone one of my favorite games.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

In 10 years time when they invent super realistic robot fuck dolls and the playstation 8 I am never leaving my house or talking to a real person ever again.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Sigma wrote:Nintendo have got this year's conference locked down, but I guess we knew that already as they'll be showing new hardware.
How wrong was I? Their press conference was utter shit!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ThaJim2 wrote:Wth everyone else Watch Dogs and Last of US.
moved by duck muscles

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Sigma wrote:
Sigma wrote:Nintendo have got this year's conference locked down, but I guess we knew that already as they'll be showing new hardware.
How wrong was I? Their press conference was utter shit!
They really seem to think this is going to be another Wii or DS for them. I watched several clips and still dont understand the point of the tablet. MS with that glass thing makes a hell of lot more sense to use with a game system. I can use a tablet or phone if I want but its in addition too not the main damn thing that has to add 50 dollars at least to the system price. System specs are kind of underwelming too if the leaks are true basically a Xbox 360 1.3.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Only thing I've seen so far that I could give a fuck about is Pikmin 3.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

ThaJim2 wrote:They really seem to think this is going to be another Wii or DS for them. I watched several clips and still dont understand the point of the tablet. MS with that glass thing makes a hell of lot more sense to use with a game system.
Yeah, I don't see the huge draw with this one. The Wii was the first console that really went all out on motion controls and it was that pick up and play feeling of "shit, it's just like bowling/tennis" that sold it I think.

But I kinda disagree with you about the tablet/SmartGlass thing though. The SmartGlass demo was cool, but I can't think of a time when I'd ever use it, can you? I thought that Nintendo's tablet controller could be used like a handheld, so at any point you can take any game and play it on the tablet's screen instead of the TV, so you have a handheld and console in one, but it seems it's not that really - you can only do that with certain games (unless I've misunderstood).

I've seen some leaked specs of the Wii-U that several people in the know are saying are real and it seems quite a bit more powerful than was implied at the conference with the demos they showed off, so maybe it's just the conference that they fucked up more than the device itself. The conference made it seem like it was just about up to par with a 360/PS3, if that. The idea of the "Wii-U" name is that it appeals to everyone - Wii (casual gamers) and U (hardcore gamer) - but it kinda just seemed like the Wii all over again to me, but with a few ports of games I've already played thrown in.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Square Enix shows off next gen tech in a real time video

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVX0OUO9ptU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVX0OUO9ptU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Sigma wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:They really seem to think this is going to be another Wii or DS for them. I watched several clips and still dont understand the point of the tablet. MS with that glass thing makes a hell of lot more sense to use with a game system.

But I kinda disagree with you about the tablet/SmartGlass thing though. The SmartGlass demo was cool, but I can't think of a time when I'd ever use it, can you?
The only use I would use these types of features for are in football games to select plays or game maps. But, this is kind of my point about it. Smart Glass is in effect free. Most people that have a system are going to have a smart phone also if not also a tablet. So they are not buying the hardware. With the Wii you are buying hardware you already have in effect.
I thought that Nintendo's tablet controller could be used like a handheld, so at any point you can take any game and play it on the tablet's screen instead of the TV, so you have a handheld and console in one, but it seems it's not that really - you can only do that with certain games (unless I've misunderstood).
From what was shown that is my impression also. I just did not see a compling case to be made for the tablet controller especially one to justifiy the cost. This is what I am getting at with the SmartGlass it does the same thing but at no real cost to anyone. It did not appear that you can take the Wii Tablet with you and use it for at least Kindle Fire levels of use so its only a Wii use case.
I've seen some leaked specs of the Wii-U that several people in the know are saying are real and it seems quite a bit more powerful than was implied at the conference with the demos they showed off, so maybe it's just the conference that they fucked up more than the device itself.
What I saw somewhere for the specs is that its a 3 core IBM processor most likely similar to the 360's and not the new gen cores as these are not commodity parts. A big increase in DRAM like 32mb and 1.5 shared with the OS getting .5 of it but apprently the tablet is run on the 1 gig open. This is why I labled it 360 1.3 it is an upgrade but not much of one.

I don't think its going to be a hit with the casual fans that bought wiis the first go around. I could hand my pops a wiimote and he can understand the concept right off the bat. I don't think he wants to hold a huge ass controller and look at 2 screens while playing pacman. They probably would have been better off with the same system without the tablet or using a smaller screen on the controller and selling them for 200 at launch.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Wii U specs aside, it is going to be somewhat tempting with the other two consoles another year from release. I'll most likely pick one up when they drop the next Mario Kart.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

I don't see how someone could buy another Nintendo system that's barely better, if that, than current systems, and your not assured a steady stream of quality games being released all the way up until the next Nintendo comes out

It will prolly be 350-400 bucks when it drops, ps3/360 will prolly drop down to 200 bucks here soon and you know what games both of those have to offer

Me I could give two shits about that tablet controller, all I care about is playing the damn game with a controller in my hands and eyes on the tv

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Truth. wrote:Me I could give two shits about that tablet controller, all I care about is playing the damn game with a controller in my hands and eyes on the tv
This.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Spartan wrote:
Truth. wrote:Me I could give two shits about that tablet controller, all I care about is playing the damn game with a controller in my hands and eyes on the tv
This.
:leon:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Honestly this E3 was weak as hell, nothing I seen even had me remotely hype.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Does anyone know if any info was released about NBA 2K13?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

watch dogs = ILLmatic.

Post by 360 »

People don't boo enough at e3. That's the main problem right there.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

ThaJim2 wrote:The only use I would use these types of features for are in football games to select plays or game maps. But, this is kind of my point about it. Smart Glass is in effect free. Most people that have a system are going to have a smart phone also if not also a tablet. So they are not buying the hardware. With the Wii you are buying hardware you already have in effect.
Right, but the problem with SmartGlass is that you've got 2 devices to use, rather than a controller with the screen built into it. I cannot see myself putting down the 360 controller to pick up a tablet/smartphone and select a play in Madden, then put the tablet/phone back down again to pick up the controller and so on. And if you want to see a map, why not just press select (or whatever) on the controller that brings up the map?

It's one of those things that seems like a cool idea, but I just can't see me using it in practice. It'll be cool as a remote control and for browsing the web as you'll be able to pinch and zoom and stuff, but outside of that I don't know if many developers will use it.
TheJim2 wrote:I don't think its going to be a hit with the casual fans that bought wiis the first go around. I could hand my pops a wiimote and he can understand the concept right off the bat. I don't think he wants to hold a huge ass controller and look at 2 screens while playing pacman. They probably would have been better off with the same system without the tablet or using a smaller screen on the controller and selling them for 200 at launch.
I agree 100%.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Has there been any new information on The Last Guardian?
I need this fucking game yesterday already.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Has there been any new information on The Last Guardian?
Fumito Ueda, the game's executive producer, quit Sony just before Christmas. A couple of days ago someone from Sony told Eurogamer that they were having technical difficulties with development, which is why there was nothing on show at E3. It doesn't sound like it's been scrapped, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Kalistoga wrote:Dana White just announced that EA is doing the next UFC game. I could've sworn Dana White hated EA and said he was going to fire any UFC fighter that showed up in EA's last MMA game.
This doesn't surprise me at all. With THQ damn near going bankrupt and EA MMA posed so much of a threat at the time (it had a cult following and was clearly a better game than Undisputed 2) that they almost slapped EA with a lawsuit and completely stripped EA of a Create A Fighter Option. If you can't beat em'......buy em'.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Sigma wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Has there been any new information on The Last Guardian?
Fumito Ueda, the game's executive producer, quit Sony just before Christmas. A couple of days ago someone from Sony told Eurogamer that they were having technical difficulties with development, which is why there was nothing on show at E3. It doesn't sound like it's been scrapped, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.
:owens: :owens: :owens:

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Galvatron78 wrote:
Kalistoga wrote:Dana White just announced that EA is doing the next UFC game. I could've sworn Dana White hated EA and said he was going to fire any UFC fighter that showed up in EA's last MMA game.
This doesn't surprise me at all. With THQ damn near going bankrupt and EA MMA posed so much of a threat at the time (it had a cult following and was clearly a better game than Undisputed 2) that they almost slapped EA with a lawsuit and completely stripped EA of a Create A Fighter Option. If you can't beat em'......buy em'.
THQ sold the license to EA after failing to make a profit on the last game. They needed sales of 2 million just to break even and it shipped (not sold) 1.4 million copies.

THQ have also said that 2 million is the break even point for that upcoming South Park game. You'll be able to remove "damn near" from "damn near bankrupt" pretty soon I reckon.