WWE 13

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

an-also

WWE 13

Post by an-also »

Mildly interested just for their "WWF Attitude" era story mode.

Attitude Era Mode

New to the series and replacing the Road to Wrestlemania Mode is the game's Attitude Era Mode, which acts as a season mode of sorts for the game. Although the Monday Night Wars will be present, World Championship Wrestling will be minimally present. To ensure that players get the full experience of the Attitude Era, they are given 35 of the Attitude Era's top superstars and over 60 cutscenes detailing aspects of the Era. To fill in the gaps and storylines necessary to understand a feud or match's context, THQ worked with WWE editors to produce 20 video packages. Other major elements, like WCW, will be given a few nods and mentions through the way of a ratings chart that follows the player through the mode as they progress and shows them the changing ratings. Due to this, during the Monday Night Wars, players will play through only the WWF's side of the Wars when the brand was losing to WCW in ratings and display how the WWE forced its way back up in ratings to become the sole juggernaut in wrestling entertainment.[6] Smaller details, such as entrances, arenas and television graphics from the Attitude Era too have been recreated.[3][7]

In addition to this, playing through the mode and its bonus options allows the players to unlock over 100 unlockable items.[8] Commentary from the Attitude Era, which featured Jerry Lawler alongside Jim Ross, too will be present, with the Attitude Era Mode being the only mode in the entire game to feature Ross' commentary, though Lawler is present in Exhibition and Universe modes alongside Michael Cole.[9]

Through a season of 65 matches spread out over a 2 year season, the Attitude Era Mode allows players to play through a variety of storylines, in turn, the player will switch superstars as they complete storylines, hence the mode is divided into chapters of varying lengths. Within the chapters, players are given a chance to play through the eight different characters or entities of The Rock, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, D-Generation-X, Kane, The Undertaker and Bret Hart. These chapters have been given the titles, the Rise of DX, Austin 3:16, the Brothers of Destruction, The Great One, Mankind, and WrestleMania XV. In sync with the game's video packages, the player will not play through every match in the Austin-Rock feud, but will understand why the two fought against each other.

Here is the complete roster from the Attitude Era.

Animal
Big Bossman
Big Show (Attitude Era)
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw
Bret Hart
Brian Pillman (DLC)
British Bulldog
Cactus Jack
Chainsaw Charlie (DLC)
Chris Jericho (Attitude Era)
Christian (Attitude Era)
DDP (Fan Axxess Exclusive DLC)
Dude Love
Eddie Guerrero
Edge (Attitude Era)
Faarooq
Gangrel (DLC)
Godfather
Goldust (Fan Axxess Exclusive DLC)
Grand Master Sexay (DLC)
Hawk
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Kane (Attitude Era)
Ken Shamrock
Mankind
Mark Henry (Attitude Era)
Mike Tyson - Pre-order exclusive
Mr. McMahon
Rikishi (DLC)
Road Dogg Jesse James
The Rock (Attitude Era)
Scotty 2 Hotty (DLC)
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold
Triple H (Attitude Era)
The Undertaker (Attitude Era)
Vader
Val Venis (DLC)
X-Pac

Attitude Era Belts

WWF Championship (88-98)
WWF Championship (98-02)
WWF Hardcore Championship
WWF European Championship
WWF Intercontinental Championship
WWF Tag Team Championship (98-02)
WWE Women's Championship
Smoking Skull WWF Championship
Brahma Bull WWF Championship
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship

This is the page where you can see what arenas are OFFICIALLY confirmed through trailers and images. Anything Create an Arena related, can you post it in the Create an Arena page. Thanks.
Modern Era arenas:

WWE Raw Supershow
Friday Night SmackDown!
WWE Superstars
WWE NXT (2010-2012)
Extreme Rules 2012
Over the Limit 2011
Capital Punishment
Money in the Bank 2011
SummerSlam 2011
Hell in a Cell 2011
Night of Champions 2011
Survivor Series 2011
TLC 2011
Royal Rumble 2012
Elimination Chamber 2012
WrestleMania XXVIII

Attitude Era arenas:

Raw is War 1997
Raw is War 1998
Smackdown! 1999
Sunday Night Heat 1998
Halftime Heat 1999
SummerSlam 1997
Badd Blood 1997
Survivor Series 1997
One Night Only 1997
Royal Rumble 1998
Wrestlemania XIV
Unforgiven 1998
Over The Edge 1998
King of the Ring 1998
SummerSlam 1998
Breakdown: In Your House 1998
Judgement Day 1998
Survivor Series 1998
Rock Bottom: In Your House 1998
Royal Rumble 1999
St. Valentine's Day Massacre: In Your House 1999
Wrestlemania XV [1][2]

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Re: WWE 13

Post by Galvatron78 »

*sigh*
Aight i give up.....I'll buy it. Since waiting for a new Firepro is like waiting for that Akinyele Large Professor reunion album. That Attitude roster sold me.

Linc

Post by Linc »

paul heyman was creative director for the universe mode

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Linc wrote:paul heyman was creative director for the universe mode
im sold again.....LOL

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

And for the record I'ma just go ahead say that Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack will be my first tag team champions.....until someone creates the Midnight Express (Lane and Eaton) again......I'm actually excited for this. Also if somehow someway they have Hawk and Animal's original black Road Warriors uniform I will lose my shit......somebody will create Kensuke Sasaki and then it's gonna be some shit as far as 6 man tag goes.

Post by 907 »

It's wack that some dudes take up 3 roster spots with their different era looks. If we could have 4 different costumes/ looks/ entrances for one guy in 1 slot back in the 64 days, why the fuck do we need 3 HHH's, or whatever the fuck? I bought 12, played it for a few days, then just broke out the 64 and played No Mercy. It's baffling to me that they still haven't made a better game than one that came out a decade ago. I'm sure one of my boys will cop this, and I'll end up playing it, but nothing beats the old AKI engine IMO and I wish they would at least give the option of changing the control layout to the old style.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Damn, might have to cop this. Haven't played a wrestling game since No Mercy.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

907 wrote:but nothing beats the old AKI engine IMO and I wish they would at least give the option of changing the control layout to the old style.
Finally someone knows the time. No Mercy/Firepro/Giant Gram.....the three kings.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Any word on this yet?

I have to say, I've had '12 for a year and still haven't completed any of the Road to Wrestlemania stories because of how much fun I have with Universe mode.

Great Muta just beat Big Show, Raven and Tazz in a four-way Hell in a Cell for the WWE Championship, and is now being stalked by Sycho Sid.

After a four-month long feud, Goldust finally took the World Title from Vader after throwing him off of the top of Hell in a Cell through a table, and then giving him the curtain call through the top of the cell.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Also, if you haven't seen it, the WWE is putting out a "Best of the Attitude Era" set at the end of the month.

Pretty great cover-

Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Also, if you haven't seen it, the WWE is putting out a "Best of the Attitude Era" set at the end of the month.

Pretty great cover-

Not to get too off track, but I heard rumblings that this was gonna be white washed in the vein of the current PG format. Any confirmation of that? Kinda seems pointless if that's the case.