Batman Arkham Origins

Post by Neuro »

anyone been playin this

its pretty dope, if you like the previous you should like this one

i think i actually like this one the best so far

Combo7

Re: Batman Arkham Origins

Post by Combo7 »

The first two are some of my favorite games, but all the reviews are saying this is just a less stellar carbon copy of City. Going to wait for the GOTY edition.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

if you got the itch to play i wouldnt hesitate

ive seen the reviews too and the main thing they are saying is that it isnt drastically different from arkham city(gameplay wise), which isnt a bad thing at all! the city a lot bigger and there are many improvements and additions , i honestly like this style of batman better myself, boss fights are fun as hell, city is huge and great to explore for side missions/ enigma puzzles, theres random events,new awesome detective side missions, tons of upgrades and new gadgets, theres THE BATCAVE, i dunno i just think if yall really liked arkham city i wouldnt sleep on this one

i also love the idea that this "prequel" is the batman when he is unknown and a mystery still, and this is basicly the story of him putting most of the major villains into Arkham , the campaign part of the game is Excellent

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

shit first i didn't know this was a game coming out now i had no clue this was a game that came out
haven't played gta in like three weeks, got at least three weeks left of playing that
so will probably cop this when the price drops
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

big fan of the fist two, if that needs to be said
moved by duck muscles

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I ordered this as soon as I finished GTA. I'm happy if this is basically an "extra levels" version of the previous game.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Is Arkham City open world in the style or manner of GTA? An open world Batman game that wasn't panned by critics? I'm astonished.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Love these games. Need to cop the new one asap.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

its really good, im tellin yall!

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360 ... ic-reviews

Maybe handing the franchise off to a developer with zero games on their résumé was a bad idea. Critics frequently overrate games, but they rarely underrate them.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

you should probally just play the game instead of relying on others opinions

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

how about this...

if this game came out before arkham city it would be getting all the praise

and if arkham city was just released people would be acting like they are over it

BOTH are really good, its just people are used to this batman formula so they are not freaking out anymore, thats all,

im telling you this is just as good, and in my opinion Better

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I copped it on PC, but I've only played an hour or so of it. It seems decent though. I've not seen any technical issues that have resulted in lower review scores on some sites, but maybe it's more glitchy on console.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

This game is awesome but it is essentially exactly the same as Arkham City.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

not really but i get what you are saying

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Moolah wrote:This game is awesome but it is essentially exactly the same as Arkham City.
I just bought Arkham City on WiiU for $20 and that game is unbelievably good. Can't wait to play the new one but I'm a cheap ass, so I'll have to wait for a price drop.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Neuro wrote:not really but i get what you are saying

i just want to add, i think its better than A.City in every way, while keeping the gameplay and mechanics exactly the same for the most part

i also think Origins is much better story too which makes better sense, and shit isnt all crammed in like i thought A.City did, as good as City was i wasnt really feeling the story that much, it was all over the place , again im not complaining because i enjoy the hell out of it, im just sayin ya know

i really hope the Knightfall DLC isnt really ps3 exclusive, i wanna play that shit, i wonder what 360 is getting as far as story DLC goes

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

It's buggy on PS3, but it's really solid. I think visually it's a huge leap forward, though the combat is a little lacking compared to Arkham City. Fighting with Deathstroke feels like a quicktime event.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i've been playing it on pc and its fun as hell

identical gameplay and graphics to arkham asylum, but i loved that game so its not a bad critique

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Smooth Lou wrote:though the combat is a little lacking compared to Arkham City.
:naswtf:

Isn't it the same thing?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

its better in arkham origins

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Moolah wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:though the combat is a little lacking compared to Arkham City.
:naswtf:

Isn't it the same thing?
I realize now that I had a stuck X button on my PS3 controller I was using and it was breaking combos left and right. Dude, bugs aside, this game is like the best DLC for Batman Arkham City but also its own game, if that makes sense. The story was great, the art direction was incredible and the beating up bad guys has been awesome. Beat the game today and it is totally a Home Alone 2 version of Arkham City (even though its a prequel or whatever) but holy crap did I enjoy every minute of it. Gonna go through and try to get 100% on everything because I never want to not be Batman ever again in my life.

Love,

Smooth "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD" Lou

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

No

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/09/batma ... -bug-fixes
Batman: Arkham Origins team prioritizing DLC over bug fixes

The Batman: Arkham Origins support page is full of frustrated players after community manager "Mercury" wrote that the Origins development team would be focused on completing story DLC instead of fixing the game's numerous, game-breaking bugs.

"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums," Mercury wrote. "If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed."

Unfortunately, it's not the first bad news for bat-fans: those who purchased Arkham Origins on Wii U recently had the story DLC for the game canceled.