Moderator: Sigma

Ramen

Fortnite or PUBG

Post by Ramen »

which one are you playing?

alpha

Re: Fortnite or PUBG

Post by alpha »

What do you recommend? Fort looks cool but maybe gets boring quick. Haven’t tried either btw.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Fortnite is free so definitely try it out at least, I like both for different reasons tho.

I have fun playing fortnite but never really got the anxiety/heart pumping action like in PUBG.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I prefer Fortnite on Xbox One X, mainly because it's a lot more polished. If I was playing on PC I might feel different, but PUBG on the Xbox is a mess and is clearly quite a way behind the PC version.

Fortnite has only one map that's smaller than the PUBG maps, the playable area shrinks faster, and you've got the whole destructible environment/building mechanic, so you don't get the same tension that you get in PUBG, but I don't mind that. I prefer playing the squad mode and I like that games aren't too drawn out in Fortnite. It's more casual, but I like that.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Picked up PUBG on Xbox One. Only played it a handful of times, but it was fun. Have to be in the mood because it isn't exactly 'relaxing'.

cdkeys.com usually has the download key on sale for ~$20.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I'm a PUBG guy. I respect what Fortnite is doing, but it's not my thing - the building doesn't appeal to me, and the shooting doesn't feel great. PUBG is lacking in polish, and the server issues make for a frustrating experience at times... but I've got over 200 hours into it because the gunplay feels good and the tension is addictive. (To be fair, probably about 30% of that is spectating my squadmates after I die a really dumb death.)