::::::OFFICIAL XBOX 360 THREAD::::::

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

zzzzzzz

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I will never own a Microsoft product. I can't wait until hackers start writing viruses to hack the xbox.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Random Sample wrote:I will never own a Microsoft product. I can't wait until hackers start writing viruses to hack the xbox.
I was thinking about that too. How much longer before exactly that happens?

What would really sell this machine to me (and it might be coming out in later press conferences) is whether or not this thing will TiVo a show while I'm playing video games. I mean, that would make this amazing, don't you think?

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Random Sample wrote:I will never own a Microsoft product. I can't wait until hackers start writing viruses to hack the xbox.

What would really sell this machine to me (and it might be coming out in later press conferences) is whether or not this thing will TiVo a show while I'm playing video games. I mean, that would make this amazing, don't you think?
you mean tivo as in the company that was bought by fox? hahahahahahhaha

you should know that as a consumer you don't count in the eyes of the multinationals? you do know that don't you? you are sheep, no?

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

2root2 wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:

you mean tivo as in the company that was bought by fox? hahahahahahhaha

you should know that as a consumer you don't count in the eyes of the multinationals? you do know that don't you? you are sheep, no?
D'oh! Sorry.

I used TiVo in the generic sense, like Kleenex for Tissue or Hoover for Vacuum.

What I mean is, this thing has Media Center Capabilities, which includes a Personal Video Recorder.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Thought you all might like this:

The XBox 360 can and will hook up to your iPod and your PSP ( :ohsh: )

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Smooth Lou wrote:D'oh! Sorry.

I used TiVo in the generic sense, like Kleenex for Tissue or Hoover for Vacuum.

What I mean is, this thing has Media Center Capabilities, which includes a Personal Video Recorder.
my bad, i was drunk and being facetious. i know what you meant.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

ok having downloaded and watched all the ps3 and xbox 360 trailers from gametrailers i gotta say...

i will have to pick both consoles up. there are simply too many unbelievably fun looking games on both sides that to choose just one would mean missing out.

on the ps3 side the games that i am feeling the most and would have to play are:

killzone - makes halo look like a kiddys game

motorstorm - prolly the most fun looking racing game ive EVER seen.

killing day - how can you go wrong with extreme detail and firing pistols gansta style.

and now on the xbox side:

elder scrolls 4 - looks like a better, more detailed morrowind. and i loved morrowind.

gears of war - that creature is WHOA!

ghost recon 3 - just looks amazing. i really cant wait to play this one.

:megaman:

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

reports are in that the xbox 360 hardware displayed at e3 are alpha units running at 33% the final power of the actual hardware, wow that's harsh.

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

curiouscharles wrote:reports are in that the xbox 360 hardware displayed at e3 are alpha units running at 33% the final power of the actual hardware, wow that's harsh.
I don't understand.

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

what's there to understand? the hardware isn't final that they're showing and is only 1/3 the power that the final system should and will be (supposedly)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615667p1.html

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

curiouscharles wrote:what's there to understand? the hardware isn't final that they're showing and is only 1/3 the power that the final system should and will be (supposedly)

marketing.

"this is good, but we can do it better, honest. we just couldn't be bothered this time."

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

2root2 wrote:
curiouscharles wrote:what's there to understand? the hardware isn't final that they're showing and is only 1/3 the power that the final system should and will be (supposedly)

marketing.

"this is good, but we can do it better, honest. we just couldn't be bothered this time."
i dunno, this kinda shit always surrounds rushed releases of consoles, they wanna show off what they're releasing but it's not actually completely ready yet, that's all.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

the product manager for the controllers should be fired and exiled from this industry....HORRIBLE

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

from firingsquad.com -
The Xbox 360 came in force. It was playable, visible, it was in Microsoft's booth and every publisher we talked to had its next-generation PC games ready for Xbox 360 or at least being considered. No one complained, even privately, of difficult development. In fact, the presentation team for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion mentioned on three separate occasions that the Xbox 360 version of their game ran and looked better on the console than it did on the GeForce 6800 Ultra-powered PC they had. Considering that Oblivion is at least as visually impressive as Unreal Tournament 2007, that's high praise indeed.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

Damn, good shit. The 6800 is still hovering over $200 so hopefully the cost of this console will be worth it component wise.

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

i can't understand why you people resent microsoft, because they make good products that sell well? fucking check your head man.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

curiouscharles wrote:i can't understand why you people resent microsoft, because they make good products that sell well? fucking check your head man.
This is a whole other debate, and MS haters (at least the informed ones) hate them for more complex reasons than their success. Maybe they do make good products, but how many of their users have even tried competing ones?

I don't really hate them, but I was happy to have a Microsoft-free machine at home for the last year or so, until I bought one of their mice last night.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

A mouse? Eek!

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

curiouscharles wrote:
i can't understand why you people resent microsoft, because they make good products that sell well? fucking check your head man.
No because I work with microsoft products everyday and they are lackluster. And from my experience with that, I will never support that demon company.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Bye thread! See you in hell!

...from heaven.