ATLUS PRESENTS: "Under The Knife"

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

ATLUS PRESENTS: "Under The Knife"

Post by Smooth Lou »

What the fuck.

I don't know how to tell you this, fellas, but I've just spent playing 15 minutes of what is possibly the greatest touch-screen operated, young-doctor-in-training simulation game EVER.

I picked it up at Best Buy today for $29.99, and it is really impressive. I mean, you're a doctor, and you have to perform tricky maneuvers with the DS touchscreen, and I gotta say, I think I love it.

Next up I'm buying "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" another strange simulation game from the fine folks at Atlus. WELL DONE FELLAS!!!

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

You found merit in Nintendogs, though.

Also, do you think that it's called Nintendogs in Japan? I don't really know how their alphabet works, but I'd be surprised if you could make a clever title like that, incorporating the word for dogs and the name of the company.

StormShadow

Re: ATLUS PRESENTS: "Under The Knife"

Post by StormShadow »

Smooth Lou wrote:What the fuck.

I don't know how to tell you this, fellas, but I've just spent playing 15 minutes of what is possibly the greatest touch-screen operated, young-doctor-in-training simulation game EVER.

I picked it up at Best Buy today for $29.99, and it is really impressive. I mean, you're a doctor, and you have to perform tricky maneuvers with the DS touchscreen, and I gotta say, I think I love it.

Next up I'm buying "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" another strange simulation game from the fine folks at Atlus. WELL DONE FELLAS!!!
Phoenix is actually a Capcom game. I've only played the first chapter but it seems interesting. It's worth it to me just due to the uniqueness.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Trauma Center: Under the Knife is pretty damn cool, I got sidetracked with Castlevania though.

I hear it gets really hard afterwards, frustratingly so.

I don't want to get Phoenix because I fear I will fly through it and it will have no replay value. I'm gonna wait for Christmas on that one.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

SeaTownBlues wrote:You found merit in Nintendogs, though.

Also, do you think that it's called Nintendogs in Japan? I don't really know how their alphabet works, but I'd be surprised if you could make a clever title like that, incorporating the word for dogs and the name of the company.
Yeah it's called Nintendogs in Japan. Probably most Japanese games have English names.

The Japanese underneath is in katakana, the alphabet they use to translate non-Japanese words phonetically.

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

De Seven Free wrote:

Yeah it's called Nintendogs in Japan. Probably most Japanese games have English names.

The Japanese underneath is in katakana, the alphabet they use to translate non-Japanese words phonetically.
Wasn't expecting anyone to answer that question, and I still definitely don't get it.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

SeaTownBlues wrote:
De Seven Free wrote:

Wasn't expecting anyone to answer that question, and I still definitely don't get it.
Well, I don't know if this'll help you either, but Nintendo is Nintendo in Japan. The logo has always been in english. That katakana or hiragana that shit or whatever, it's the same logo we have. And people over there aren't unfamiliar with american words, so I doubt they have to translate it at all. They just leave it as Nintendogs and people get it, even though it's not japanese. If that makes sense.

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

Hey did you guys hear somebody talking?

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

SeaTownBlues wrote:Hey did you guys hear somebody talking?
Hey you're a real fucking prick, you know that?

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

:lol:
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

agent b

Post by agent b »

i put a good 5 hours into this game on plane trips in the last week or so and it's easily one of my favorite games this year. hectic as fuck but the difficulty level is overated, basically every review of the game i've read said it was frustratingly hard and i just haven't really experienced that. i found the difficulty to be just right with the exception of a few missions that had me scrambling to keep the patient alive.

all in all it's one of the best examples of why touch screen gaming was such a genius idea.

Faceless

Post by Faceless »

agent B wrote:i put a good 5 hours into this game on plane trips in the last week or so and it's easily one of my favorite games this year. hectic as fuck but the difficulty level is overated, basically every review of the game i've read said it was frustratingly hard and i just haven't really experienced that. i found the difficulty to be just right with the exception of a few missions that had me scrambling to keep the patient alive.

all in all it's one of the best examples of why touch screen gaming was such a genius idea.
How far have you gotten? I just reached Chp 5 Ep 2 and it seems like quite the spike in difficulty level so far.

5 patients in 10 min?! I can get the first one done under 2 min. But not the second. Hell, I haven't been able to get through the second patient w/o vitals dropping too low. 5 in 10 sounds impossible unless the last couple patients are easy.

agent b

Post by agent b »

Faceless wrote:
agent B wrote:i put a good 5 hours into this game on plane trips in the last week or so and it's easily one of my favorite games this year. hectic as fuck but the difficulty level is overated, basically every review of the game i've read said it was frustratingly hard and i just haven't really experienced that. i found the difficulty to be just right with the exception of a few missions that had me scrambling to keep the patient alive.

How far have you gotten? I just reached Chp 5 Ep 2 and it seems like quite the spike in difficulty level so far.

5 patients in 10 min?! I can get the first one done under 2 min. But not the second. Hell, I haven't been able to get through the second patient w/o vitals dropping too low. 5 in 10 sounds impossible unless the last couple patients are easy.
yeah, i made my inital post right before reaching that chapter and it's currently kicking my ass. i've gotten to the 3rd patient but just barely and then it's all over. fuck.