Ok so im back with my $$ saved for my comp

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Ok so im back with my $$ saved for my comp

Post by Prophecy »

Ok so i now have $725.00 saved up for a computer. I was just going to save up a lil more and go with the suggestions that you guys made in my other thread ( http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=) but some of the stuff you guys suggested but some of the items arent available on new egg anymore. I would really appreciated it if you guys could put together another system similar to what was in the other thread so i can get my new comp with in the next couple of weeks.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Noah

Hey

Post by Noah »

I built a computer 3 weeks ago.

The total was not too much more than what you're looking to spend.

Here is the list of parts.

Noah's Computer Parts:

1 CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor - Retail - $146.00
1 Power Supply: ENERMAX EG365P-VE FMA 1.3 ATX 350W Power Supply - Retail - $60.99
1 Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $129.00 (104.00 after $25 mail-in rebate)
1 Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail - $89.25
1 Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Computer Case - Retail - $44.99
1 Video Card: AOpen Geforce 6600GT - $134.00
1 Hard Drive: Maxtor / DiamondMax 10 / 300GB / 7200 / 16MB / SATA-150 / OEM / RoHS Compliant / Hard Drive (TSD-300M16) - $134.99 (89.99 after $45.00 mail-in rebate)

This thing runs all current games like a dream.

Noah

Heyhey

Post by Noah »

Here is an article from Tom's Hardware that shows how to built a nice gaming PC for $500.

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20051014/index.html

They used the same processor as I did, half the memory, much smaller but still adequate HDD, and other comparable components.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

i think im gunna go with a rig like yours Noah. You have any suggestions for a cd/dvd drive?
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

Prophecy wrote:i think im gunna go with a rig like yours Noah. You have any suggestions for a cd/dvd drive?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827152047

Noah

Post by Noah »

rakesh wrote:
Prophecy wrote:i think im gunna go with a rig like yours Noah. You have any suggestions for a cd/dvd drive?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827152047
Yeah rakesh is DEAD ON. Get that, best value around. I just ordered one of those this week actually, to go with my earlier model NEC model ND-3500AG.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

OK this is what i think im going to get within the next week or so.

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $49.99

REFURBISHED: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM $99.99

AOpen 90.05210.616 Geforce 6600GT 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - $139.99 ($124.99 after rebate)

ENERMAX EG365P-VE FMA 1.3 ATX 350W Power Supply - $60.99

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BPBOX - $139.99

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model KVR400X64C3AK2/1G - $79.00

Maxtor MaXLine III 7L250R0 250GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA133 Hard Drive - OEM $99.00

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM $38.99

Total up front costs: $734.51 Shipped

I went with the smaller HD and the refurbished board to save a little on the up front costs. Do you think its safe to go with the refurbished board? Is there anything else i will need to get to assemble this? Ive never built a whole system before, but i do have a friend that has alot of experience with assembly and all that good stuff. I really appreciate all the help and input you guys have given me.

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

duno about the refurb mobo, do they offer the warranty? can you rma a refurb?
maxtors blow
i would suggest a higher wattage psu

Noah

Post by Noah »

I would not get the refurbished board.

That PSU will be sufficient with the current setup unless you plan on doing a LOT of overclocking, I believe.

It is rated for 26 amps on the 12v rail and right now my PC is only consuming 12 amps. I'm Not really running too much right now though. Someone who knows a lot about PSUs would be able to tell you better than I, but I have not had any power issues with this PC.

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

tom says no to 400w or above for your system, so i guess there isnt a point. i dont think i needed my 480w, but i got it for the peace of mind and stability. and also for the potential to upgrade.

and why not an sata hd?

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ok im going with the new board instead of the refurb. Are there any connecters, cables, wires or anything that im going to need to put this rig together?

Noah

Post by Noah »

Prophecy wrote:Ok im going with the new board instead of the refurb. Are there any connecters, cables, wires or anything that im going to need to put this rig together?
I think the board comes with one IDE cable. You might need another. Aside from that everything you need will probably be in the boxes

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ok just finished up ordering it a little bit ago heres the final rig.

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $49.99

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard-$125.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BPBOX - $139.99

AOpen 90.05210.616 Geforce 6600GT 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - $139.99 ($124.99 after rebate)

Thermaltake Silent PurePower TT-420AD(DUAL FAN) ATX 420W Power Supply-$38.99

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - $91.50

Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model KVR400X64C3AK2/1G - $79.00

NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM $38.99

$736.47 with 3 day shipping

I should have this all up and running by about this time next week hopefully. I just want to thank everyone here who helped me get through this process.

SeaTownBlues

Post by SeaTownBlues »

ooh, not compatible

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

SeaTownBlues wrote:ooh, not compatible
??

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

Prophecy wrote:Ok im going with the new board instead of the refurb. Are there any connecters, cables, wires or anything that im going to need to put this rig together?
comes with:

looks like rounded ide cable, fan cables, audio cables and rear usb connection

oh, one more thing, does your case come with fans? i didnt look. also is your cpu retail? i believe you will need a hsf with non retail processors. what about the hard drive? i dont think i see an sata conncector in the msi box, you will probably need one if the hd isnt the retail.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

What do you mean by retail? I got all my stuff through new egg so i dunno if that has anything to do with if its retail or not. The case comes with a 120 and 80mm fans.

Here are the descriptions for the CPU and HD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103537
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148034

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

^^theres the retail box (like you find at best buy) and then theres oem. oem is usually just the drive or whatever. oem is usually cheaper.
looks like your harddrive is oem, so it wont come with cables or anything. just wait to see if the mobo comes with the sata connector, i dont see why it wouldnt. if not, just run to best buy or something and buy one.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Thanks Rakesh

Noah

Post by Noah »

rakesh wrote:
comes with:

looks like rounded ide cable, fan cables, audio cables and rear usb connection

oh, one more thing, does your case come with fans? i didnt look. also is your cpu retail? i believe you will need a hsf with non retail processors. what about the hard drive? i dont think i see an sata conncector in the msi box, you will probably need one if the hd isnt the retail.
I have the same case mobo and cpu. The CPU is retail, it comes with the heatsink and everything. The motherboard comes with a lot of SATA connectors, so you won't need to worry about that. The Case has fans in it, they've been decent to me so far.

Noah

Post by Noah »

I'd like to know how this project turns out

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

ok after a couple of financial set backs (car trouble etc) i finally have everything here and assembled. So far it works like a charm, ill prolly try some games on this things sometime this week after i have my knee surgery tomarrow. Ill be sure to let you know how it goes.