What Video Games Today Need!

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Prophecy
not Psychosis

What Video Games Today Need!

Post by Prophecy »

This was inspired by the captain comic thread. Today we need more video games that are truly an accomplishment to finish. Back in the day you had Captain Comic, Masterblaster, TMNT, and other games that slip my mind at the moment that were a real accomplishment to beat. Im talking like you could beat one of those games and be one of the only motherfuckers in the country to have done that shit. i cant think of a game in reccent memory thats like this.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Useff

Post by Useff »

Ninja Gaiden on harder difficulties
Devil May Cry on harder difficulties
quite a few games

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Yeah adjusting difficutlies yadda yadda yadda. Im talking like things used to be. No need to adjust anything the fucking game is just a real accomplishment to beat.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

The old Duke Nukem games come to mind.....

Commander Keen.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

Useff wrote:Ninja Gaiden on harder difficulties
that shits hard on normal difficulties

i'd just like to say i beat god of war on god mode though

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

i always thought that strategy games for the PC were difficult to finish.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

There are a decent amount of games today that are really difficult, like the ones mentioned already. I don't see a high difficulty as a necessarily positive quality in a game. I'm often intimidated by games with steep difficulties and very often get frustrated and won't finish it. It all comes down to how compelling the game is, I guess. Ninja Gaiden took a lot of time and patience to beat, and I was really satisfied when I did it. The same with God of War. For whatever reason, Devil May 3 and Ikaruga didn't seem worth all the trouble to me and I put 'em down after getting my ass kicked two dozen times. Certain games just aren't worth all the time they take to master. I'd much rather spend my time playing something more rewarding.

Also, as long as the difficulty can be overcome by strategizing better or learning the game mechanics more fully, I don't mind it. I hate when game designers use "being difficult" as a mask for lazy and cheap game design.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I have to totally cosign this thread. There should be more games where they are so hard to beat that if you do beat it you're on some Fred Savage shit.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Play that new perfect dark on the hardest setting, it will punk you into smashing your 360.

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

i like easy games and the occasional hard games

theres only so many times you can play captain skyhawk and not want to break your NES

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

sports games that focus more on gameplay rather than graphics. i think it would be cool to make some sports games that have throwback styles with the new high powered systems. i'm thinking games like bad news baseball/rbi baseball, the first generation ea sports games. those games were fun to play regardless of the level of visual power systems were capable of. although to be honest i havn't played a sports game in a long time. anyone reccomend any solid b-ball/hockey games?

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

They need more multiplayer beat em up games like X-Men arcade etc. I always thought Lord Of The Rings would've made a good multiplayer beat em up...

eastvandemolition

Post by eastvandemolition »

F-Zero for Gamecube is very hard to beat. If your looking for a challenge try it out.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

Part of the reason games used to be harder is because difficulty equalled longevity. With the power and storage space we have now, games can take about the same amount of time to complete, without seeing the Game Over screen or playing the same part twice. I prefer the way things are now.