360, is it worth it?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Russian
NSFW

360, is it worth it?

Post by Russian »

SO i just got my 50 inch monster tv, thinkibng about getting a 360 but besides Elder Scrolls i see nothing interesting yet.

What looks amazing + great action for 360 which will blow my eyes off my head on to my 50 inch DLP LCD.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

with a 50 incher, a 360 seems like a no-brainer to me. get elder scrolls and geometry wars and you're set.

(i haven't played many other 360 games....obviously GRAW is supposed to be great, plus there ought to be a bunch of dope games coming out in the next several months)

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Fight Night looks real on an HD.

and im not fucking exaggerating one bit.

plus you can play online.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Kalel wrote:Fight Night looks real on an HD.

Told you Yury. Stop being a frugal Jewish man and just buy the 360. We all know you make 100K per year because you bring it up a lot. What is 300 bucks?

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

Fight Night
Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Oblivion

those 4 games are some of, if not the best looking games ive ever seen in my life... and they dont just look good, they ARE good (well i cant say that really for oblivion since i just rented and havent even started to delve into it)... they look good on regular TVs... and i just got my hdtv last week and like everyone said, they look like completely different (better) games now

im VERY glad i got it... and i always held a special hatred in my heart for xbox in the past... now im a believer

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Philaflava wrote:
Kalel wrote:Fight Night looks real on an HD.

Told you Yury. Stop being a frugal Jewish man and just buy the 360. We all know you make 100K per year because you bring it up a lot. What is 300 bucks?
ts not 300 its going to be 400 + games, so when i am out that store its going to be 500

there are few things i need to get, plus i jsut got my system so i want to be a little frugal

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

i was thinking about giving my xbox + 8 games to the store twards that 360, no reason to keep that old xbox, right?

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

you'll be able to play your xbox games on the 360, so there's no reason to keep it. you might want to hold onto the games though

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

The Red Scare wrote:you'll be able to play your xbox games on the 360, so there's no reason to keep it. you might want to hold onto the games though
i heard that 1) old games on 360 don't play right and 2) that old games are crappy looking on hdtv

is this correct?

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

other than Fight Night I can't think of one reason to buy this system.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Galvatron78 wrote:other than Fight Night I can't think of one reason to buy this system.
2 more reasons

Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon

wheels

Post by wheels »

Galvatron78 wrote:other than Fight Night I can't think of one reason to buy this system.
NBA 2k6
MLB 2k6
GRAW
Tiger Woods
PGR

plus the arcade is the shit

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Russian...check this link out...

http://miami.craigslist.org/ele/180349568.html

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I think Oblivion is incredible, and it is the game that made me get a 360. I put over 100 hours into it and in the end I was glad that I got the system for it. That said, I have hardly played my 360 since then except for a little Uno and Geometry Wars when I need to kill some time.

The closest thing on the horizon that I am excited about is Street Fighter II, which is going to be released for Xbox Live Arcade soon.

Depending on how you feel about mech games, Chromehounds came out today and might help justify a purchase.

Dead Rising from Capcom is coming out in August, and looks cool, though I'm not sure how much substance it will have. Massive zombie killing fun.

Blue Dragon, the first RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi is slated for release in September and should be damn good. Hopefully.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent is out in September, and is the one game that I am counting on to make me really happy I got a 360. The multiplayer on Pandora Tommorow holds some of my fondest gaming memories (I skipped out on Chaos Theory), and I am really excited to see how the experience is on a new generation console.

There are decent games out for it currently, but nothing right now that you should rush out and buy the system for imo. I'd wait till the holiday season starts rolling.

Can-U

Post by Can-U »

if it aint worth it now, it will be soon.

but, theres definitely good games for it. condemned is really fun, to add to the list.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Russian...check this link out...

thanks duder, i am going to get the full system, this is all core 360 though

yury

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Russian wrote:
Dwight Strawberry wrote:Russian...check this link out...

thanks duder, i am going to get the full system, this is all core 360 though

yury
Yes, it's a core but for only $169.00. Buy a seperate harddrive (100), and wireless controller (50). You just spent $320 for a premiem package.

GMoney

Post by GMoney »

New game Dead Rising looks dope, some Dawn of the Dead shit!

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

looks dope? it is dope. i just picked it up this week (preordered the sucker) and it's incredible, some of the most fun i've had with a console game in ages in a unique genre that isn't seen often. this game definitely marks the point where people considering buying a 360 should pick one up (especially considering the fall/christmas lineup).

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

curiouscharles wrote:looks dope? it is dope. i just picked it up this week (preordered the sucker) and it's incredible, some of the most fun i've had with a console game in ages in a unique genre that isn't seen often. this game definitely marks the point where people considering buying a 360 should pick one up (especially considering the fall/christmas lineup).
ive always wanted a game like this. After the 360 drops in price ill pick one up and this game

edit how can you not want a game like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C91IYcj-3Og
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.