gears of war (will be amazing untill re5)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Russian
NSFW

gears of war (will be amazing untill re5)

Post by Russian »

will be the realest game to comeout since RE4

thats it, lock thread, slap that hoe, watch my show

shtimp.com (coming soon)

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

hmmmm... I really dont think so, this game, for the x360 at least... looks unimpressive to be honest, sure it has great visuals, but the gameplay looks boring - and I think this game was already made for the ps2- run and shoot people, hide behind boxes, shoot at them blindly :roll:. On the other hand Ive heard this is getting ported to the pc, with the possiblity of it being a fps... if thats the case, then yes, this game will rock.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

really the only game I need to play on the 360

The E3 videos were fucking nuts; great 3rd person perspective, minimal run-n-gun bullshit, the shotty :ohsh:, the saw :ohsh::ohsh:, and the little in-game events all look top notch.

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

ThaMexakin wrote:hmmmm... I really dont think so, this game, for the x360 at least... looks unimpressive to be honest, sure it has great visuals, but the gameplay looks boring - and I think this game was already made for the ps2- run and shoot people, hide behind boxes, shoot at them blindly :roll:. On the other hand Ive heard this is getting ported to the pc, with the possiblity of it being a fps... if thats the case, then yes, this game will rock.
that might just be the stupidest, most unwittingly contentious statement ever made in electric relaxation...gears of war is 360 exclusive, it's the halo-killer, and it will be amazing.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

curiouscharles wrote:
ThaMexakin wrote:hmmmm... I really dont think so, this game, for the x360 at least... looks unimpressive to be honest, sure it has great visuals, but the gameplay looks boring - and I think this game was already made for the ps2- run and shoot people, hide behind boxes, shoot at them blindly :roll:. On the other hand Ive heard this is getting ported to the pc, with the possiblity of it being a fps... if thats the case, then yes, this game will rock.
that might just be the stupidest, most unwittingly contentious statement ever made in electric relaxation...gears of war is 360 exclusive, it's the halo-killer, and it will be amazing.
why would an xbox app want to kill an xbox app? i would i understand if halo was for ps3 or something :megaman:
Last edited by Russian on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curiouscharles

Post by curiouscharles »

because they need to give gamers the "halo" (read: super popular mindbending title that sells systems faster than free beer) before halo 3 itself comes out

gears of war will be the 360's new halo, until halo 3 comes out

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

here, read this
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/618/618712p1.html

ohh and a couple of other sites have posted the same thing, and on another note halo is ass. why do you think it flopped when halo 1 came to the pc and halo 2 is coming in january- cuz pc is fps king, and halo is no where near the quality of the games we get.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

ThaMexakin wrote:here, read this

ohh and a couple of other sites have posted the same thing, and on another note halo is ass. why do you think it flopped when halo 1 came to the pc and halo 2 is coming in january- cuz pc is fps king, and halo is no where near the quality of the games we get.
Wha?

I bet it flopped because you are supposed to play halo with a CONTROLLER, it ain't supposed to be a PC FPS, so there is no point in comparing it to one.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:

Wha?

I bet it flopped because you are supposed to play halo with a CONTROLLER, it ain't supposed to be a PC FPS, so there is no point in comparing it to one.
you but the bold part is REAL TALK
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:

Wha?

Halo completely reversed my belief that FPSs must be played with a mouse and keyboard. I tried playing Halo on a PC and it didn't feel nearly as natural.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

The Red Scare wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:

Wha?

Halo completely reversed my belief that FPSs must be played with a mouse and keyboard. I tried playing Halo on a PC and it didn't feel nearly as natural.
i bet the same would be true if you played counterstrike on x-box......
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

^^^ yeah probably.

but Halo shows that FPSs can have tight controls on consoles too. And I much prefer lounging on my couch playing games than sitting at my computer desk.

ThaMexakin

Post by ThaMexakin »

I think it goes both ways, alot of people would rather play games on a monitor then a pc... your right to say that halo was made for a console, but that only goes as far as the controller- the level design was horribly basic, you can tell it was made for a console, it even reminds me of golden eye... my point was mostly direct at the overall quality of the game, not just the controller. I can adapt to the game controls, and they didnt bug me at all, but the actual game did. that said, go play half-life 1 or 2, far cry, deus ex, counter strike, etc and tell me that halo is on the same level.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

ThaMexakin wrote:I think it goes both ways, alot of people would rather play games on a monitor then a pc... your right to say that halo was made for a console, but that only goes as far as the controller- the level design was horribly basic, you can tell it was made for a console, it even reminds me of golden eye... my point was mostly direct at the overall quality of the game, not just the controller. I can adapt to the game controls, and they didnt bug me at all, but the actual game did. that said, go play half-life 1 or 2, far cry, deus ex, counter strike, etc and tell me that halo is on the same level.
I've played all of those games and with the exception of half life 2, halo 2 whoops em all with overall fun factor.

it's a console fps, much different than a pc game.
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.