this holiday season: owning a wii blows

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Stunna7516

this holiday season: owning a wii blows

Post by Stunna7516 »

Since Mario Kart, there hasnt been ONE game that has interested me, and I checked up through the end of the year, nothin there. I didnt even look at January but I wouldnt be surprised if I dont see anything till March or something. Wii Music is a fucking joke, not that I ever thought it would be decent, and Animal Crossing looks lame too.

What the fuck is up, I want a good big franchise Nintendo game. 360 and PS3 have had like 5 near perfect games since then, and they will have more. We dont even get god damn ports any more, Madden and NCAA were laughable.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I think there needs to be more fighters on the Wii, they've got the perfect joystick for it and there are hardly any kind of fighting games on it. They need to do some 3rd party magic quick.

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

theres a castlevania fighting game coming out... not that that sounds like a particularly good idea, cause it doesnt.

I would probably have kept my mouth shut about there being no games if they didnt totally fuck up the SSBB multiplayer online. its a total fucking joke, I could destroy anybody Ive ever played but playing against random people on 2 minutes time with no options whatsoever is such a copout. and Mario Kart is great, but I could use an alternative every once in a while.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

The Wii is great, but should never be your primary system. Do yourself a favor and spring for a ps3 or 360

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Deadly Creatures drops pretty soon and will be better than all other games that have ever been made put together.

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Tommy Bunz wrote:The Wii is great, but should never be your primary system. Do yourself a favor and spring for a ps3 or 360

frank b

Post by frank b »

World of Goo is pretty good.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I think i am going to be selling my wii. I never play it and it just sits there.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Since Mario Kart, there hasnt been ONE game that has interested me
I said the exact same thing just the other day on another forum. I turned my Wii on a couple of days ago just to see if it still works. I had a look at the message board and the last time I played a game on it was months ago.

I'm really tempted to sell it, especially if there's a shortage at Christmas again. The only thing that puts me off is historically I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy because they've made some of my favourite games and franchises over the years, plus they always seem to play their cards closer to their chests than the other companies, and knowing my luck I'll sell it and a day later they'll announce a new Zelda or something. I'm also interested to see what Motion Plus is like and if developers do anything cool with it, because in many of the Wii games I've played, using the current Wii Remote is more annoying than anything else.

I have a 360 and decent gaming PC as well though, so at least there's more than enough to keep me busy there.

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

yeah I go through the same shit. I want to sell it cause I never play it, but I know Ill want one when zelda or mario comes up again, and there will be a couple of other games a year too. its just so damn slow, no new games and the ones that do come out are garbage quick cash low sales type shits.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

I'd hold on to it. Wait until they start making games using head tracking.
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Now's the perfect time to catch up on all the Sega-CD classics you missed.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Save the Wii for when the honey's come over

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

World of Goo is great, don't miss out on that. Only $15 on WiiWare

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

i swear if they go 3rd party and get some fighters it'll be better for the system. Don't let that fresh ass Hori Joystick go to waste.

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

The Red Scare wrote:World of Goo is great, don't miss out on that. Only $15 on WiiWare

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

theaggravatedjew wrote:
The Red Scare wrote:World of Goo is great, don't miss out on that. Only $15 on WiiWare
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

I just go back and finish the games I never played or finished. Still haven't played Zelda.

World Of Goo is amazing.

Just rented Wario Shake It. Pretty great game. Difficult too.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

Okay, Im disappopinted in the selection of games available this christmas season as well...but lookie here.

A new Zelda game WAS announced to be in developement. It was on IGN awhile back. They were saying they are going to be trying a new direction with it as well...which is a sigh of relief from me and Im sure alot of you here. There realized their old system of "Start-out-in-forest-go-save-princess Zelda" was getting old.

Also...It doesnt seem very smart to just choose to sell your system over one slow slump. Nintendo has been notorious for having great openning seasons, slow middles and booming 9th innings.

Give Wii a chance!!! :lol:

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Bumping this because its a year later and ain't shit changed.
Besides the new Super Mario Bros, is there a single other decent game coming up?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

wii will slowly die off just like gamecube

specially when the possibly superior 360 motion thing comes out

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/rel ... ?limiter=1

Noteworthy:

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - 11/17
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - 12/08
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - 12/26
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil Zero - 1/22 (released in JP in '08)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (also released in JP in '08)

Galvatron, you'll probably love the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom game if you're fiending for a joystick fighter on the Wii. I saw some gamplay footage and its really fast-paced. The game speed benefits from the 2D graphics.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Honestly there are no games really coming out this holiday season that are noteworthy. Well I only buy two games a year, so I guess I don't really think there is many noteworthy releases.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

I don't own a Wii. Besides new Wii Sports releases, there's nothing that catches my attention on the console. I've always maintained that the Wii is for casual gamers and Nintendo fanboys.

Post by 360 »

I thought everyone who owned a Wii also owned either a 360 or a PS3. It doesn't make sense not to.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Drastik Da God wrote:...the Wii is for casual gamers and Nintendo fanboys.
This.

I enjoy my Wii :arrow:, but it wouldn't completely fill the gaming void on its own.

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

im loving nsmb in 4 player mode

ric

Post by ric »

wii isnt too great. ps3 will be hotter in due time. it already is hotter than wii but it will be even better in a year or two